Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,400 comments
They'll probably just officially announce the PS4 version of GT7 and show the same 3 second clip from the announcement trailer like what they've been doing for almost two years now. With PD, better lower your expectation or don't expect anything at all so you won't get disappointed.

Last edited:
It's not even really about PD, more how Sony do their promoting of games these days. Gone are the days they would just have a studio drop a trailer every few months with no firm release date in sight, like GT5. They don't do that any more. I mean look at GoW, it still has zero footage at this point. Horizon had zero gameplay until 6 months before the original release date, same for anything else other than launch titles.

If Gran Turismo wasn't so successful critically and financially, they'd abandoned it a long time ago.
I mean, you could say that about any game... it's pretty much the foundation of "how to do the business make vidya gaems".
It's not even really about PD, more how Sony do their promoting of games these days. Gone are the days they would just have a studio drop a trailer every few months with no firm release date in sight, like GT5. They don't do that any more. I mean look at GoW, it still has zero footage at this point. Horizon had zero gameplay until 6 months before the original release date, same for anything else other than launch titles.
Which to be fair is a smarter and less frustrating way of doing it. Yeah, it's frustrating either way having to wait, but with GT5 it was always a case of "it must be just around the corner if they're releasing a trailer like this!"

I do wish they'd be more open to speaking in open ended terms about future plans, but I can see why they don't. I think Kaz did a good job of poisoning the well on that one with GT6, so much BS was talked in the lead up to the game that it was literally impossible for the game to be what it was advertised to be.

Make demos and videos consist on extra work. Yeah, the delay and the lack of new content sucks, but have new consensistly its just a waste of time and more crunch...

To be honest, the games out now still doesn’t make me want a PS5 , especially with no psvr 2 announcement

Last edited:
I didn't expect to be able to play GT7 on my PS4 Pro last generation potato console but I think I might shell out now. Thanks PD for letting us come to the party.

Ok, so. Most of us wanted it as a ps5-exclusive.
There are those who were praying for it to be on ps4 (most likely because they wouldn't understand all the missing features and that it'd be the same game).
Now those who wanted it on ps4, are complaining after seeing this announcement...
What is wrong with you guys?
Do you want it on ps4 or not? Decide.
This is now just a meme.
Yes, I don't own a ps5 yet, neither can I buy one right now. But that still doesn't make me want a NEW gen title on my fat ps4 too....
The fact that I saw so many people wanting GT7 on ps4 like crazy and celebrating when we heard about the ps4 possibility, really annoys me. (And sorry if the fact that this annoys me, annoys you.)
And now PD just makes this announcement giving you the option to upgrade your new game for ps5.
And you are complaining about that too.
I would TOTALLY prefer upgrading my ps4's version to ps5 and have it like a new game without missing any new features, than just having a seconds GT Sport on both ps4 and ps5..
Like I said again in the past, the one and only reason I would ever buy a ps5, is only GT7 and GTA VI.

Last edited:
What is wrong with you guys?
Do you want it on ps4 or not? Decide.
You see the usernames beside each post? You see how most of them are different? That actually shows that each of those posts was made be a separate human being. I suppose some of them might be sock puppets, but generally you can assume that each username is one unique person.

This concludes this lesson at internet kindergarten. Use this knowledge wisely.

Did you consider those are not the same people? Or that they wanted it as a PS4 only title about 18 months ago?
I was referring to people I had seen and remember they wanted it on ps4. And now they say otherwise.
I'm not talking about the whole community including those who wanted it and those who didn't of course..
You see the usernames beside each post? You see how most of them are different? That actually shows that each of those posts was made be a separate human being. I suppose some of them might be sock puppets, but generally you can assume that each username is one unique person.

This concludes this lesson at internet kindergarten. Use this knowledge wisely.
My message was for the names who wanted it on ps4 and then changed their minds. I'm talking about the same people.
Same answer I gave to Samus.
Because I remember usernames from here or Discord that were happy with that and now they don't want it (either because of this extra upgrade option or whatever).
That's what I meant.
Fortunately, I'm not that dumb (yet) to contain different people's opinions as one😅

Last edited:
I was referring to people I had seen and remember they wanted it on ps4. And now they say otherwise.
I'm not talking about the whole community including those who wanted it and those who didn't of course..

My message was for the names who wanted it on ps4 and then changed their minds. I'm talking about the same people.
Same answer I gave to Samus.
Because I remember usernames from here or Discord that were happy with that and now they don't want it (either because of this extra upgrade option or whatever).
That's what I meant.
Fortunately, I'm not that dumb (yet) to contain different people's opinions as one😅
You should probably reply to those specific people then, instead of just casting a wide net.

And now PD just makes this announcement giving you the option to upgrade your new game for ps5.
And you are complaining about that too.
Ignoring everything else about your statement, let me just say this:

Are we supposed to be praising Sony for charging $10 on top of next gen (which I guarantee Horizon: FW, the next God of War and GT7 will be, even on PS4) prices, when we have developers that are either offering next gen upgrades for free alongside their purchase (pretty much any Xbox first party title by this point) bake the price into the middle of the road version (Black Ops Cold War allowing for people to own both the last gen and next gen version of the game, download next gen when needed) or at least make an attempt to justify selling next gen versions at cost (Control's Ultimate Edition bundling the two expansions alongside allowing for higher graphical fidelity on next gen)

Like, how can you not see this as an absolute, utter grift from Sony to squeeze more dollars out of people and have it be ignored because they're the market leader, and Arrogant Sony always comes out when they hold the market leading edge?

Ignoring everything else about your statement, let me just say this:

Are we supposed to be praising Sony for charging $10 on top of next gen (which I guarantee Horizon: FW, the next God of War and GT7 will be, even on PS4) prices, when we have developers that are either offering next gen upgrades for free alongside their purchase (pretty much any Xbox first party title by this point) bake the price into the middle of the road version (Black Ops Cold War allowing for people to own both the last gen and next gen version of the game, download next gen when needed) or at least make an attempt to justify selling next gen versions at cost (Control's Ultimate Edition bundling the two expansions alongside allowing for higher graphical fidelity on next gen)

Like, how can you not see this as an absolute, utter grift from Sony to squeeze more dollars out of people and have it be ignored because they're the market leader, and Arrogant Sony always comes out when they hold the market leading edge?
You are completely right and of course I'm not positive or praising Sony for that.
But because I see it as the only option right now, that's why I said I'd prefer to pay to upgrade (if I don't buy ps5 and GT7 together).
PD is like just get a GT Sport 2 on ps5, or pay to upgrade..
And surely I wouldn't like that.

You should probably reply to those specific people then, instead of just casting a wide net.
Nah I am not that type of a person. I wouldn't go to someone asking them hey! Why did you change your mind??:odd:
Especially in front of many people publicly.
It's none of my business and of course it's up to them.
It just felt strange to me.

Last edited:
Nah I am not that type of a person. I wouldn't go to someone asking them hey! Why did you change your mind??:odd:
So you won't ask individual people that question, but you will stand on a busy corner and ask the same question to everybody via a megaphone? :odd:

So instead you went with everyone who wanted it on PS4 is now complaining about it being on PS4? Which is then both incorrect, and allows no discussion because you've made sure that nobody who might have actually made that shift in opinion can be identified to talk about it.

Just call people out next time. It's a discussion forum, anyone who has posted their opinion here has implicitly allowed it to be questioned and discussed. Pick a user that you think is an exemplar, snip their opinions before and after and ask them politely what changed their mind. If it was none of your business then they shouldn't have posted it on GTPlanet, a public forum.

And if they really don't want to reply, then they can just... not type? It's not like you've got a gun to their head forcing them to answer your every question.

So you won't ask individual people that question, but you will stand on a busy corner and ask the same question to everybody via a megaphone? :odd:
Yes because I was just expressing my thoughts only, on a post I was writing..
I didn't think it would sound like a big deal or cause so much of a misunderstanding/confusion..
I didn't expect anyone to reply too to be honest. I just posted what I thought and left it there.
Sorry (even if not needed, a sorry always fits🤣)

20210906_100829.jpg
Porsche has revealed what looks to be a race car version of the concept car on the (placeholder) GT7 boxart. (Look at that rear).
20210906_100824.jpg

Porsche has revealed what looks to be a race car version of the concept car on the (placeholder) GT7 boxart. (Look at that rear).
It's not far off, but it is pretty far off at the same time.

While the "race car version" could account for the entirely different diffuser (though the "cover" car looks to have a totally different rear structure for the diffuser to mount to) and honking great rear wing, the entire section between the roof and the rear is different too. The Mission R sports a regular, sloping rear screen, but the mystery "cover" car has an arrangement much more like that of the 918 Spyder and Carrera GT, with an open rear deck flanked by structural beams.

We've basically got the same structures on the outer tail, behind the rear wheels, and similar styling lines into the rear light bar... which suggests the same designer.

I've just seen this video posted by Gran Turismo TV where the 2016 Motul Autech GT-R was using the 2019 livery, i know that this doesn't mean a lot, but, i mean, it's strange that in a video of the official GT YT channel there's a car with a livery of a car that isn't present in the game, the livery looks extremly deteailed, every decal is placed perfectly and there are many details that are difficult to find on the liveries made by the community, so maybe PD is involved, i really hope that this could mean that we'll have 2019 GT500 cars in GT7 (even if it's difficult)

Cattura.PNG
3.PNG

2.PNG

That's not the only car that's happened with, the Mazda 787B video (Which appallingly still clings to the massively inaccurate myth of how the Mazda 787B won) also has a livery from the previous 787.

That's not the only car that's happened with, the Mazda 787B video (Which appallingly still clings to the massively inaccurate myth of how the Mazda 787B won) also has a livery from the previous 787.
In the gt icons video it was used the #202 livery used by mazdaspeed in the JSPC (they used a 787b), the case with the gtr is different because the car that uses the livery in real life is different.

In the gt icons video it was used the #202 livery used by mazdaspeed in the JSPC (they used a 787b), the case with the gtr is different because the car that uses the livery in real life is different.
Ah, forgot it wasn't just Le Mans the car raced at. Still, I bring it up because it's more then likely just a livery someone made that anyone could find if they searched (Just looking on Google instantly showed me that specific livery on GT Sport, not sure if it's the exact person and its not helped when multiple people do it) so it shouldn't be read too much into.

Back