Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,400 comments
"Now an update on Gran Turismo 7. When we announced it, it was PS5 exclusive coming in 2021. Blah blah blah now we have a PS4 version blah blah blah with an expected release date of Holiday 2022."

Moving on,.....
gt7 mention and 2022 ? why are you so optimistic today :D

snc
gt7 mention and 2022 ? why are you so optimistic today :D
Huh? I've always said I expect it to come around Oct/Nov 2022 since the delay. I mean of course it can get delayed again, but for now, that's what I expect they're aiming for.

Last edited:
GT7 is at least a year away so if the showcase event doesn't give us anything I won't be surprised. But it would be nice to see something new.

GT7 is at least a year away so if the showcase event doesn't give us anything I won't be surprised.
That's why I'm just expecting a brief update on the status of the game and when it's expected. Officially, far and wide, they haven't even announced it's been delayed to 2022. Website still says TBA, so I'm thinking at most they give an update on that and give it an official 2022 release date. Maybe announce the PS4 version, but that could also be saved for the big re-reveal next year.

I suppose they could also show a new trailer but it seems pointless so far out, any hype generated will be gone in a few months, especially with all the games coming out this holday period. Now isn't the time to be pushing your titles for next year. Plus it's always risky running trailers for games like this so far out, the game could've changed a lot in that time rendering things in the trailer moot.

You never know, but that's where my expectations are set.

Last edited:
GT7 is at least a year away so if the showcase event doesn't give us anything I won't be surprised. But it would be nice to see something new.
I'd say it would be pretty surprising considering it's the best selling franchise on PS. They said Holiday season and beyond, so I would say that's pretty definitive.

This is basically Sony’s big summer e3-esque event, and is a showcase for PS5’s future titles and not just mainly to advertise holiday 2021 games (of which they have none releasing from first party, Horizon FW got delayed to feb 2022). The new God of War is hinted at being in the show from one of its developers, and this game was revealed months after GT7 with only a black screen and Kratos' voice.

also expecting some major game reveals.

“The Showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes and include updates from PlayStation Studios and some of the industry's most imaginative developers, for games releasing this holiday and beyond. And stick around after the presentation to get more updates from some of the studio teams featured in the Showcase.”

Basically all Sony has for PS Studio game updates is Horizon, GT7, and God of War which would probably only take up a third of the show. If they had called this a State of Play instead of PS Showcase then I wouldn’t have had as high expectations.

Last edited:
I think we'll see Kaz talk more about the upcoming campaign features (as the largest and most sophisticated so far) and the returning (reworked) content from previous titles. That would make me very happy. :)

I think we'll see Kaz talk more about the upcoming campaign features (as the largest and most sophisticated so far) and the returning (reworked) content from previous titles. That would make me very happy. :)
Kaz specifically hyped up the campaign part for his announcement. But you sure about it living up (PD is notorious for this too)? What additions could be possibly added for GT's campaign that doesn't seem to change much through the franchise, though it does have addition with newer games (and I want evolution not revolution though)?

A new trailer showing some updated Gr(GT).4(not including the all new G70 Gr.4), LMP and new GT500 cars would be nice. So far, it's been all about the bread & butter Gr.3 class.

I think it's almost certain that GT7 will be mentioned and/or shown, I just wouldn't expect any deep dives, extended gameplay or content/feature reveals in detail, it's too early for all that.

Unless they really are going to surprise us and launch it in March or April, but that seems very unlikely.

Well, we got a GTS trailer two years before release. Another a year and a half before release with a gameplay trailer. So, it could happen if GT7 releases next year November/December.

got a GTS trailer two years before release. Another a year and a half before release with a gameplay trailer. So, it could happen if GT7 releases next year November/December.
Not intentionally though. When they released those trailers the game was meant to be out in months, then got delayed after. It's already been delayed this time.

Other than for adding more content, I don't see the game delay's being extending beyond spring of next year, being a cross-gen game now, the focus is away from next gen (higher polygon counts, dynamic weather/time, lighting, etc.,). Expecting it to be what we see now with GT Sport, but with more content & traditional GT oriented, similar time of day/weather choices currently have.

Not intentionally though. When they released those trailers the game was meant to be out in months, then got delayed after. It's already been delayed this time.
It's been delayed, but we got the GT7 trailer mixed with gameplay and a showing of probable features, like the GTS trailer. The GTS trailers were two separate trailers, compared to the GT7 one trailer.

Even though, someone pointed out in earlier thread posts, marketing could have told PD to just give the fans any visuals for upcoming PS5 games, it's still possible PD can showcase a trailer with more or other features(online lobby, customisation, etc). Whether some visuals get labelled as "PS5 footage", we'll see.

It's been delayed, but we got the GT7 trailer mixed with gameplay and a showing of probable features, like the GTS trailer. The GTS trailers were two separate trailers, compared to the GT7 one trailer.

Even though, someone pointed out in earlier thread posts, marketing could have told PD to just give the fans any visuals for upcoming PS5 games, it's still possible PD can showcase a trailer with more or other features(online lobby, customisation, etc). Whether some visuals get labelled as "PS5 footage", we'll see.
Obviously we're all just guessing and theorising here, I just meant that they rarely knowingly show trailers of games over a year before the then current release date, other than the initial announce teasers. Not these days, any way. They definitely were more liberal with trailers for far-off games in the past.

I'm just setting my expectations at low anyway, it's easier to avoid disappointment that way. :P

If they do throw out a trailer, it's a surprising bonus.

Obviously we're all just guessing and theorising here, I just meant that they rarely knowingly show trailers of games over a year before the then current release date, other than the initial announce teasers. Not these days, any way. They definitely were more liberal with trailers for far-off games in the past.

I'm just setting my expectations at low anyway, it's easier to avoid disappointment that way. :P

If they do throw out a trailer, it's a surprising bonus.
For sure. I’m always dreaming. Keeps me young. ;)

Can't be disappointed if you had nothing to expect in the first place.

Back