Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,363 comments
Wanna try something new? Nah, other games has already done that.
Nothing wrong with roughly emulating ideas other games have done and throwing your own unique take on it, that's how the entire video game industry progresses. It's only a problem if you just straight up copy something without adding your own ideas that bring something new to the table. Nobody is going to complain if they evolve the game whilst using some core ideas from other games, but they haven't done that. Not yet, anyway.

Last edited:
The new trailer reached 3 million views today! :)

3M.png

Not bad compared to the Wolverine trailer: 3.591.479

And it doesn't look bad even compared to the God Of War Ragnarok Trailer (which is a sequel to the newly voted best game of all time): 8.391.752

Nothing wrong with roughly emulating ideas other games have done and throwing your own unique take on it, that's how the entire video game industry progresses. It's only a problem if you just straight up copy something without adding your own ideas that bring something new to the table. Nobody is going to complain if they revolutionize the game whilst using some core ideas from other games, but they haven't done that. Not yet, anyway.
Does it need to be revolutionary though? GTsport is a unique take on online competitive racing by making it casual friendly, have you tried racing in Sport mode? Gran Turismo is probably the most revolutionary racing game there is. All of your favorite modern racing games today are still based on original GT's game design. I haven't seen a truly revolutionary racing game since the original Gran Turismo and I'm not just talking about visuals or being an open ended game.

GTsport is a unique take on online competitive racing by making it casual friendly
You can say that, yes, and I'd agree, still doesn't take away from the fact that it's simply iRacing with fancy FIA badging.

All of your favorite modern racing games today are still based on original GT's game design.
Citation heavily needed. Aside from Forza Motorsport, what games that you could realistically compare GT to still do the Car-PG style of structure, and specifically, the single player gameplay loop that GT has done, and has not deviated from, since the original game?

I mean just asking that to you as you seem to disapprove of every single thing GT has (the reason to ask to you before about Shuffle Racing and MFD, and was playing safe by saying you "tolerate"), none of them have anything good to say about them. Like GT Auto, original track design, novelty car, scapes, endurance, etc.

PD does a lot of things well as a middle of the road simcade, I just want them to focus on the racing and minimise their bad habits and the stuff they do poorly.

Much like their vacuum cleaner sounds, a lot of their problems are fixable with good hiring

Last edited:
The tire "letter" design on the R8 LMS is pretty interesting.

Edit: Looks like it's true to life.

But this comment on the website might suggest we can't change the color of brakes anymore? Only what is offered.

"The choice will range up to the highest performing and most distinctive products for road cars, including Carbon Ceramic brake discs and GT|BM calipers, available in 8 different colours."

Last edited:
I think Brake Balance controller was in previous games and maybe Braking pads. Torque-vectoring center I don't quite recall.

Last edited:
Of all trailers, manufacturer partnership (Brembo) is the one to reveal another footage of GT7. I hope there'd be brands for all parts in other names too, if they'd keep Understeer Engineering.

Tbh I'm a bit disappointed about the GT7's Garage in first trailer due to only showing grey background without actual garage (unlike GT Auto, which wasn't showing white + orange background anymore since GT6; where GT6 also had actual garage render). but apparently the new trailer still have that, despite menu change in several areas (like main, GT World, etc.):
1633600094857.png

Other than that, wtf was the supercars going rally like it's Horizon?
1633600228446.png

Last edited:
Of all trailers, manufacturer partnership (Brembo) is the one to reveal another footage of GT7. I hope there'd be brands for all parts in other names too, if they'd keep Understeer Engineering.

Tbh I'm a bit disappointed about the GT7's Garage in first trailer due to only showing grey background without actual garage (unlike GT Auto, who isn't showing white + orange background anymore since GT6; where GT6 also had actual garage render). but apparently the new trailer still have that, despite menu change in several areas (like main, GT World, etc.):
View attachment 1084622

Other than that, wtf was the supercars going rally like it's Horizon?
View attachment 1084625
In real life you can drive a supercar on the gravel if you want and have money, so let it be on GT7 too. Just more options.

Back