Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,907 comments
More estmated performance data in Car Settings

2021-10-07 (1).png

I know it's been rumoured/talked about in interviews - is the this the first time that Yamauchi-san has talked about his street racing past?
Kaz was like a Initial D/Wangan Midnight character back in the day.From Eurogamer GT6 interview:
"Soon after acquiring his first car, a Toyota Celica XX that was known as a Supra outside of Japan, he was to become a hashiriya. "It means those who make it their business to drive," Yamauchi explains. "They're basically street racers. As soon as I got my licence, I was one of them."

Attachments

• 20211007_084121.jpg
    20211007_084121.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 12
Now awaiting partnership confirmation trailers for the GT7 from KW, Michelin and BBS. So that critical part of the car - suspension, brakes, tires and wheels - will be complete.

I see they're still having trouble keeping the shadows solid lol. The performance calculators in the settings is a cool new addition though.
I completely agree with you concerning the shadows. I love getting immersed in the replays and nothing else ruins that immersion more than horrendous shadows. You think if they look this bad they would not even add shadows to that portion because it's obvious it would look better without the flashing shadows.

Polyphony must be having a lot of partnerships these days, first with the FIA (for Sport mode), then TAG Heuer (official timing, expired anyway), then Michelin (tire model), Fanatec (wheel support), BBS (custom wheels) and now, Brembo (brake systems).

From the looks of that Ford GT LMGTE, it's likely Polyphony will partner with IMSA next.

I completely agree with you concerning the shadows. I love getting immersed in the replays and nothing else ruins that immersion more than horrendous shadows. You think if they look this bad they would not even add shadows to that portion because it's obvious it would look better without the flashing shadows.
I saw the great Insomniac having problems like that in a game made exclusively for the PS5. (Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart).
So I think shadows will continue to haunt developers in this current generation.

From the looks of that Ford GT LMGTE, it's likely Polyphony will partner with IMSA next

Not really? GRID 2019 had no less then four IMSA spec vehicles and it didn't exactly do anything IMSA wise except have them.

And knowing Polyphony's history with licensing and partnerships with series, basically only getting them in order to squat on them and make no one else have them and put them to better use, I wouldn't be celebrating in that instance.

Polyphony must be having a lot of partnerships these days, first with the FIA (for Sport mode), then TAG Heuer (official timing, expired anyway), then Michelin (tire model), Fanatec (wheel support), BBS (custom wheels) and now, Brembo (brake systems).

From the looks of that Ford GT LMGTE, it's likely Polyphony will partner with IMSA next.
Shame none of them actually bring anything to the game other than advertising.

Shame none of them actually bring anything to the game other than advertising.
In case of TAG Heuer, the licensing credits back when Seiko was GT's timing partner mentions that the timing method used in the game weren't by them anyway.

See also: Sony Alpha (Scapes)

A

Also super gt

So those upgrades are strangely named. Why have we got racing and carbon as two choices, when pretty much all racing brakes are carbon? Which is better here?
Not all racing brakes are carbon, and these aren't carbon racing brakes. They're different you silly

GT3 racecars for example don't use carbon brakes even though they're still racing brakes.

Last edited:
So those upgrades are strangely named. Why have we got racing and carbon as two choices, when pretty much all racing brakes are carbon? Which is better here?
One's carbon, the other's steel. What's so hard to understand here?

I would've assumed that "Racing (Slotted)" would be a bigger point of confusion here.

Last edited:
Would really be nice if people would stop assuming there is an IMSA partnership solely based on a car from 2018. We got a Lexus RC F GT3 from GT Open and that didn't mean squat. This feels like its quickly becoming the new "That car is coming to GT" just because someone saw a GT windshield banner.

Last edited:
I believe the carbon brakes need to be at high temps to work effectively. The Racing brakes could be stainless steel. I remember brake rotors being an issue https://autoaction.com.au/2018/08/16/revealed-supercars-brake-change

Plus, even though the thumbnail is darkened, the carbon rotors do look darker in colour(which they are), than the Normal rotors in its thumbnail.
Again, hopefully, PD have programmed in brake temps.

edit: In the pic above, Slotted rotors are a choice in the menu.

Last edited:
One's carbon, the other's steel. What's so hard to understand here?

I would've assumed that "Racing (Slotted)" would be a bigger point of confusion here.
Well like I said, which is better? Non carbon racing brakes or carbon non-racing brakes? And why aren't carbon race brakes an option? It's not particularly clear to a layman.

Back