Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,396 comments
The LOD isn’t low just certain objects within the rear view camera have a lower lod. It’s not like GT sport which has a far lower rear view resolution and the actual road disappears past a certain distance leaving you with floating cars in the rear view. It’s also completely pointless to have a really high LOD with everything in it for rear view it’s incredibly expensive and taxing it’s why you never see it in other racing games aswell. Assetto, iracing, forza etc all do the same thing with rear view even those on £3000 PC
The Lambo at 1:51 is not in the rear view though and has details popping in at maybe 3 meters out.

I would say that to judge the AI it is better to have the game in your hands or a specific video showing the improvements of the latter.
These videos are meant to advertise the track only and nothing else.
How do you know that then? Did PD tell you? If PD have better AI there is absolutely no logical reason not to show it in these videos. It wouldn't affect the showing of the track racing with faster AI.

I noticed in the interiors of the cars, in the new trailer, that there are Oil temperature and water humidity and pressure. Are those really a new thing in GT7?
They’ve been working in GT Sport. You’ll see the digital readouts on some cars with oil pressure and/or water temp and/or litres per lap(check the 787B oil pressure works as well) working. You’ll see the oil pressure rising and dropping in either Atenza, for example.

Thats why I love interior view. Some cars have all the information needed, without use of the HUD.

How do you know that then? Did PD tell you? If PD have better AI there is absolutely no logical reason not to show it in these videos. It wouldn't affect the showing of the track racing with faster AI.
The video is a smooth, accident-free or off-piste ride. do you think they also wanted to advertise AI?
There is also no dynamic weather or day / night cycle.
The video advertises one thing and they show what is advertised.
It seems that for you everything must already be set in stone.
I repeat, you are heavy.

The video is a smooth, accident-free or off-piste ride. do you think they also wanted to advertise AI?
I repeat, you are heavy.
Like I said, it's GT6 all over again. They shared videos of new tracks with terrible sound and people said don't worry, they'll be placeholder and better in the game. They weren't. They showed videos with ugly, jagged shadows. Placeholder they said again. Same for AI, same for the format of career mode.

Believe your eyes and ears. 6 weeks before release what they're showing is what we'll get.

There is clearly no fundamental changes to the AI. They behave the same way they always have, the same mannerisms, the same early braking, the same mid corner apprehension, the same backing out. It doesn't matter what the point of the video is, if they had fundamentally better AI it would be visible. There is no reason not to.

Oh and no, I'm not heavy. Pretty slim actually.

Of all the things to rave about in the behind the scenes clips, he was impressed by the creative use of the Livery Editor. He’s made the solo player aspect paramount in this game, why wouldn’t he place AI up the top with graphics?
Again, he’s big upped the car count over game play. Just a coupLe words that the AI behaves better than GT Sport. How much better? Competitive or just competent in getting out of the way?

Last edited:
I repeat, you are heavy.
We're like 50 days away from release. All the major features are already in the game. They're only working on bugfixes for launch and post-launch content at this point.

We're like 50 days away from release. All the major features are already in the game. They're only working on bugfixes for launch and post-launch content at this point.
in 7 weeks you can show everything.
let's see what there will be in the coming weeks.

The Lambo at 1:51 is not in the rear view though and has details popping in at maybe 3 meters out.
It’s not in the rear view because it’s not entered the field of view of the rear view camera. Look how long it takes the merc to appear aswell. Also again just as with every other racing game they don’t render all the other cars on track with LOD 0 at far/med or even close distance it’s needlessly expensive and a waste of resources. It’s always going to be a thing no matter what in a years time to ten years time. the frame rate will tank when you start a race with 16+ cars on screen rendered at maximum quality aka LOD 0 at 4k resolution. The focus for the player which is PDs priority is on the racing and not tiny LOD change on a bumper. Just be thankful it’s a massive improvement over GT sport which has a incredibly low resolution for the rear view and completely disappearing tracks with floating cars in it.

It’s not in the rear view because it’s not entered the field of view of the rear view camera. Look how long it takes the merc to appear aswell. Also again just as with every other racing game they don’t render all the other cars on track with LOD 0 at far/med or even close distance it’s needlessly expensive and a waste of resources. It’s always going to be a thing no matter what in a years time to ten years time. the frame rate will tank when you start a race with 16+ cars on screen rendered at maximum quality aka LOD 0 at 4k resolution. The focus for the player which is PDs priority is on the racing and not tiny LOD change on a bumper. Just be thankful it’s a massive improvement over GT sport which has a incredibly low resolution for the rear view and completely disappearing tracks with floating cars in it.
Dude. Watch the video, the Lambo at 1:50 is right in front.

This Daytona gameplay is another disappointment. When you watch, or better, attend a GT3 race, it's everything but what this Daytona gameplay shows, it's violent, it's unpredictible, drivers make mistakes at each corner and pushes the cars to the limit, because they all are equivalent. There are several racing lines and the drivers play rough. Here what we see, again, is a walk to the beach. The new cockpit view is great, but everything else is just a bit boring ... I'm fine with the graphics, but very disappointed they have not developped a more agressive/human AI. Project Cars managed to develop something that was closer to real racing, why is not PD interested in that?

Also, a bit of clipping, and a blatant lack of visual effects like reflections in the car, smoke or flames at downshift, that's very mild. We had effects like that on PS3/PS4, why not GT7? If 450hp GT3 races look like that , the races in 150hp stock saloon cars will be boring to death.

They’ve been working in GT Sport. You’ll see the digital readouts on some cars with oil pressure and/or water temp and/or litres per lap(check the 787B oil pressure works as well) working. You’ll see the oil pressure rising and dropping in either Atenza, for example.

Thats why I love interior view. Some cars have all the information needed, without use of the HUD.
Okay, I see. But why then they're not mentioned in any GT Sport guide if they are functional in the game? I mean, those info are not that irrelevant at the end because such info play a role in a race, so I don't get why their left so shadowed where anyone don't even take into consideration such factors, same for water temperature, humidity etc.

In the GT Sport guide they only mentioned Tyre temperature for example and nothing else

Last edited:
Also, it's titled as a video of gameplay on the official Playstation YT channel. There's nothing about this only being a track showcase. This guy is just making stuff up in the hope that nobody thinks about it for more than two seconds.

Project CARS 2 and some mobile games did the car-by-car basis thing for stock cars as you mentioned.
Grid 2019 also had a generic stock car (& truck). As much as I might think PD could do something like this, they likely won't. They will likely not do NASCAR type cars unless they have licensed cars & liveries if they want to still call themselves "the real driving simulator".

Last edited:
This Daytona gameplay is another disappointment. When you watch, or better, attend a GT3 race, it's everything but what this Daytona gameplay shows, it's violent, it's unpredictible, drivers make mistakes at each corner and pushes the cars to the limit, because they all are equivalent. There are several racing lines and the drivers play rough. Here what we see, again, is a walk to the beach. The new cockpit view is great, but everything else is just a bit boring ... I'm fine with the graphics, but very disappointed they have not developped a more agressive/human AI. Project Cars managed to develop something that was closer to real racing, why is not PD interested in that?

Also, a bit of clipping, and a blatant lack of visual effects like reflections in the car, smoke or flames at downshift, that's very mild. We had effects like that on PS3/PS4, why not GT7? If 450hp GT3 races look like that , the races in 150hp stock saloon cars will be boring to death.
This is just the approach they have always taken for this series - clean, smooth and clinical. Both in-game and with general presentation.

It'll never be dirty and gritty like ACC or pCARS. I accepted that many years ago. All I ever hope for is better AI but it just never happens either.

I'm just waiting to see footage of a career event at this point. Overall slow AI is obviously not good but you can at least get around it by nerfing your car to race somewhat equally with the slow AI, in a pack, where they all try to win. Like GT1-4, and 5 pre-patch.

But if we see that footage and it's only rolling starts with cars far apart, most of the grid just acting as roadblocks not even trying to win, that's my interest completely gone. I've no desire to do another career mode like GT6 where it's just a matter of how quickly you catch up to the first place car as you breeze past everything else.

Also, it's titled as a video of gameplay on the official Playstation YT channel. There's nothing about this only being a track showcase. This guy is just making stuff up in the hope that nobody thinks about it for more than two seconds.
Well, quite. "Placeholders" again indeed.

Last edited:
Grid 2019 also had a generic stock car (& truck). As much as I might think PD could do something like this, they likely won't. They will likely not do NASCAR type cars unless they have licensed cars & liveries if they want to still call themselves "the real driving simulator".
However, see the F1500T-A.

I personally don’t mind the clean, smooth and clinical vibe the GT games have but I do agree that the AI needs to be way more challenging…

AI looked pretty decent in the Deep Forest video, while here it just looks like a walk in the park. I can only hope that they selected a lower difficulty setting for this video, but we have literally no way to tell. Frustrating!

If you're expecting a "GT7: AI" video where they're suddenly acting completely different to all the videos so far, you're going to be in for a disappointment. I guarantee it.
I don't expect anything like this, but I certainly don't judge the game by a normal and quiet lap of the track;)

Last edited:
As always, you and samus are toxic and you always want to be right even when there is nothing to substantiate your thesis other than guesswork;).
By now you are scripted like an old gear of war game:lol:

As always, you and samus are toxic and you always want to be right even when there is nothing to substantiate your thesis other than guesswork;).
No, what's happening here is we are watching official GT7 media and posting a judgement on it, what we've seen and heard. That's how this works, we can only critique and comment on what they DO show us, not what they don't. This isn't a "quiet and normal" lap of the track, it's a car racing other cars over a lap of the track, presented as GT7 gameplay.

What you're doing is making unsubstantiated claims about PDs intentions and what you hope is the case because you don't like the criticism.

Last edited:
Okay, I see. But why then they're not mentioned in any GT Sport guide if they are functional in the game? I mean, those info are not that irrelevant at the end because such info play a role in a race, so I don't get why their left so shadowed where anyone don't even take into consideration such factors, same for water temperature, humidity etc.

In the GT Sport guide they only mentioned Tyre temperature for example and nothing else
Interior view been a focal point since GT5. However, it seems many people use bumper cam, due to the field of view not having enough adjustment. I made a thread about cars that have the most information in their instrument panel to use without HUD. That’s part of the problem. All cars should have all basic info of lap time, lap counter, position in race, fuel gauge. Many don’t have a fuel gauge in the readout at all. Not even a lap counter to strategise when to pit.

And about that AI, even if Kaz and the team don’t look at other games, he mentioned and knows and Is trying to make improvements. Seriously, AI can’t live on Beginner, Intermediate and Professional alone.
This is AI on a slider from Opponent Skill Level 0-120(Beginner to Pro) and Opponent Aggression 0-100(Cautious to Aggressive).

A franchise with a handful of games to its name can do this. Giving players the option to tailor the AI to their own skill level. Solo play would be transformed in the franchise, if there were such an option.

Play the ball not the player.

You're right, it's so toxic of me to read the words in the title of a video. You can read the words as well as I can, but they apparently are just "guesswork".

I mean, you do you bro, but I think you'll find you're on your own on this one. We all hope that they show us another video with better AI, but so far we have two gameplay videos where it appears that there are at most minor improvements from GTS. That's just how it is.

I have no idea how you're going to tell me that I'm wrong here while you also post this.
This is a gameplay yes, but it also says "Daytona International Speedway Gameplay Video" and that is, it speaks explicitly of the track and to do it they take a lap of the track ... come on do not climb on the mirrors:lol:
You want to explain this apparent discrepancy? Or you just want to rant some more?

No, what's happening here is we are watching official GT7 media and posting a judgement on it, what we've seen and heard. That's how this works, we can only critique and comment on what they DO show us, not what they don't. This isn't a "quiet and normal" lap of the track, it's a car racing other cars over a lap of the track, presented as GT7 gameplay.

What you're doing is making unsubstantiated claims about PDs intentions and what you hope is the case because you don't like the criticism.
I'm also commenting on the video, and I'm not hoping for anything.
The video is titled one way and the video shows what the title says.
In that video I see a quiet ride without off-track or accidents or contacts or anything else (not even from whoever is driving the porsche) ... explain to me how I can judge the AI when the trailer shows only a simple lap of the track, with replay annex?
You can judge what you want but the problem you are giving is absolutism and do not say no to me, because you have already said that the game will be like this.
If you were speaking in a more hypothetical and less absolutist way, there would not be this discussion either.

And I repeat to you for the umpteenth time that I am not hoping for anything on AI but that from this video I would not judge that parameter precisely for how it is set.

I'm also commenting on the video, and I'm not hoping for anything.
The video is titled one way and the video shows what the title says.
In that video I see a quiet ride without off-track or accidents or contacts or anything else (not even from whoever is driving the porsche) ... explain to me how I can judge the AI when the trailer shows only a simple lap of the track, with replay annex?
You can judge what you want but the problem you are giving is absolutism and do not say no to me, because you have already said that the game will be like this.
If you were speaking in a more hypothetical and less absolutist way, there would not be this discussion either.

And I repeat to you for the umpteenth time that I am not hoping for anything on AI but that from this video I would not judge that parameter precisely for how it is set.
Why do you keep calling it a "quiet ride"? The description says the following:

Enjoy a flying lap at the Daytona International Speedway in Gran Turismo 7, coming March 4 on PS5
You can judge the AI by looking at what they're doing, the same as I did. They're braking too early for corners, they're dawdling out of corners and generally driving very poorly. The player car overtakes the Aston Martin at 0:55 without even attempting to because it brakes so hard and so early. The Ford completely surrenders on the exit of the chicane at 1:34. They breeze past two more cars on the banking like they're in a different category.

Why do you think that behaviour would suddenly change in future videos, when it's the same behaviour we've seen in the past few GT games?

Occam's razor.

Why do you keep calling it a "quiet ride"? The description says the following:

You can judge the AI by looking at what they're doing, the same as I did. They're braking too early for corners, they're dawdling out of corners and generally driving very poorly. The player car overtakes the Aston Martin at 0:55 without even attempting to because it brakes so hard and so early. The Ford completely surrenders on the exit of the chicane at 1:34. They breeze past two more cars on the banking like they're in a different category.

Why do you think that behaviour would suddenly change in future videos, when it's the same behaviour we've seen in the past few GT games?

Occam's razor.
Because I don't know how these videos are set up (and neither are you) to judge something they aren't advertising for now.
This is a numbered GT and we don't know what difficulty it will have if it will be selectable or if it will be the usual simple stuff.
The only thing that is known is that GTmode will be at the center of the game and that unlike GTsport, which was online focused, they will have to make some improvements to the AI if they want the game to make any sense in that mode. .

Back