Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,398 comments
Excited for PS5 but I'm not buying until GT7 release. I didn't buy PS4 until GTS released the RX7 and am pretty upset at the shortcoming of GTS compared to 5 and 6

Agreed though, that PS5 sales would skyrocket with GT7 launch release.... Meh, I'll see this forum in a few years... Goodbye cruel (present) world....

Lol

Gran Turismo 7 will be release in 2021, guys. Stop hoping for 2020 :(

It's still disappointing that they didn't show anything yesterday, I hope we will have some news "soon".
I wouldn't hope for or expect anything other than mid next-gen at the earliest knowing PD.

If that's the case, I'm hoping it releases within spring or summer next year, because if this goes all the way to the holiday season or 2022, we would have already gone mad waiting for this game.

It has been said over and over again by Sony itself. All games (PS Studio) announced since June will be released in the 1st year
Source?

And even if they did say that, it still isn't a guarantee. Games can get delayed, so you still can't categorically state it'll be out in 2021.

Source?

And even if they did say that, it still isn't a guarantee. Games can get delayed, so you still can't categorically state it'll be out in 2021.

If we can trust Sony, it's 2021.

Of course it can be delayed but there is nothing to indicate it, for now.

Wait and see. I don't buy PS5 until GT7 anyway.

If we can trust Sony, it's 2021.

Of course it can be delayed but there is nothing to indicate it, for now.

Wait and see. I don't buy PS5 until GT7 anyway.
Where is the source of what they said? I can't find any such statements.

If history teaches us anything is that Sony and PD are really slow, at everything. Everything. And that includes listening to feedback.
I care a lot less today compared to the GT5 hype days but I'm still really pixxed at how things just went downhill.
Opening new offices didn't help to speed up production. When was the last time they gave us a mindblowing title?...
Now (now, let me repeat that, since it's a very recent news and GT7 has been in production for quite some time) outsourcing to India makes me think they just can't do it. T10 work a lot faster and dish out something somewhat complete and fun, despite the bugs.
Let's see how things will go, but I'm not expecting anything spectacular from PD. Hell, they could work for 25 years on a new title...I don't see it being complete and good in every aspect.

There was some kind of official picture which was suggesting that all shown games are in "year one of PS5" plan.

I think it is possible.

Well it has been said "over and over again" according to Zlork. You'd think it would be easy to find these statements if they were so frequent.

The other indication the game is a while off is that still the Gran-Turismo.com website barely mentions the game. It's not one of the headline blocks, it doesn't have an entry on the nav bar, there is no special page at all. It's still just got the small, easy to miss news entry which says "On Thursday, 11 June a trailer for the announcement of 'Gran Turismo 7' was revealed during the 'PS5: The Future of Gaming' broadcast on the official PlayStation YouTube channel." and nothing else, other than a disclaimer it's not final.

If history teaches us anything is that Sony and PD are really slow, at everything. Everything. And that includes listening to feedback.
I care a lot less today compared to the GT5 hype days but I'm still really pixxed at how things just went downhill.
Opening new offices didn't help to speed up production. When was the last time they gave us a mindblowing title?...
Now (now, let me repeat that, since it's a very recent news and GT7 has been in production for quite some time) outsourcing to India makes me think they just can't do it. T10 work a lot faster and dish out something somewhat complete and fun, despite the bugs.
Let's see how things will go, but I'm not expecting anything spectacular from PD. Hell, they could work for 25 years on a new title...I don't see it being complete and good in every aspect.

PD always seem to find a way to slow things down. Remember when they said they were using CAD data for car modelling, massively speeding up the process? They then qualified that car models would still take six months because they were going to put even more detail into them. I mean sure, more detail can be good, but did anyone really complain the premium cars weren't detailed enough? That they needed to be able to read the text on the headlight and see the individual stitching on the rear seats? No.

That's why I don't really buy the "They laid the foundations with GTS, they have all the content, it won't take as long" claims. They'll find new ways to take their time. Now that they're outsourcing they'll probably start modelling the guts of the car that you won't ever see without a damage model.

Last edited:
Found that CAD quote, from the old GT6 website. So fully expect them to find ways for it to still take longer.

In recent years, CAD data of actual cars are often provided to Gran Turismo thanks to our strong partnerships with automotive manufacturers and as a consequence, the time to understand the design of the car has been drastically reduced. The same cannot be said for the development time: a model will still take 6 months to create, and that is because the time and costs saved in the research phase are re-distributed into modelling to further improve the quality of the final product.

It's a good news, no ? GT7 will be only PS5...

I will leave this thread until news. There is no point in speculating when you don't have any information.

See you soon ! :)

Not gonna provide that source then....

The first year is November to November. I didn't see Gran Turismo 7 mentioned in that 1 year period.

Even though the quote mentions new games, in addition to the ones shown earlier(I guess from the June reveal), doesn't mean Gran Turimsmo 7 is included. It's possible it could also mean including Gran Turismo 7, but I don't know. Anyway...

The first year is November to November. I didn't see Gran Turismo 7 mentioned in that 1 year period.

Even though the quote mentions new games, in addition to the ones shown earlier(I guess from the June reveal), doesn't mean Gran Turimsmo 7 is included. It's possible it could also mean including Gran Turismo 7, but I don't know. Anyway...

Sorry, what are you referring to here?

If PD's gonna create 2 GT titles for the console, as was tradition until the PS4 debacle, you'd think GT7 would have to be at least close to the console's release date. If not, it'd risk having to release GT8 at the end of the cycle and miss out on sales 'cause peeps would already be thinking about the next console.

I still think that GT7 is similar case as GT6 but this time around they decided to push it to next gen instead releasing it on current gens.

You know what?
I will probably get an Xbox Series S or X at launch and play Forza horizon 4 and Flight Simulator. A few days ago I was 100% sure I was going to get a PS5. Now I will probably wait for GT7 in order to get one. Probably late 2021

Back