Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,400 comments
The Tokyo Game Show Online is on the 24th to 27th September, finger cross we see something on GT7.

From the schedule I saw of the event there was nothing Sony related being shown. Hopefully this is old news

Attachments

• 118477785_377455549910866_965917014891315845_n.jpg
    118477785_377455549910866_965917014891315845_n.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 27
Well, maybe if we weren't in a pandemic, then yeah, maybe I'd have agreed with you. Sort of.

But it's clearly affecting everyone including PD, so I'm willing to blame it on that rather than just automatically defaulting to "lol pd is slooooooow lol'' like everyone else on here is doing.

I'm sort of with you, I'm a little anti "lol pd is slooooooow lol'' but we know what they're like, they're perfectionists and that's fine by me, rather have an awesome game than a crap one every year (*couforzagh*).

In saying that they have had plenty of time since 6 and they are able to use all the things they have made for GT-S (as even they've said they prepped everything to be upscaled graphically and they are outsourcing model creation, etc). No doubt Covid wouldn't be helping but as they work with computers, I'd say it's guaranteed everyone could work from home and was possibly even more productive than normal as was seen in many countries where working from home produced more productivity (this is Japan though so they are 200% productive year round). It would be good to hear from PD themselves (not that we probably would) if Covid affected them much

I'd say it's guaranteed everyone could work from home and was possibly even more productive than normal as was seen in many countries where working from home produced more productivity (this is Japan though so they are 200% productive year round)
Interesting...

Well, either way, again, we should hear something soon regarding the FIAGTC at least, as teased by Tom Brooks on the last Top 24 Superstars video. Especially regarding whether the World Finals are still on or not. If they are, that's their chance to do a full reveal on GT7.

Interesting...

Well, either way, again, we should hear something soon regarding the FIAGTC at least, as teased by Tom Brooks on the last Top 24 Superstars video. Especially regarding whether the World Finals are still on or not. If they are, that's their chance to do a full reveal on GT7.

What is this event ? When will it take place? :)

Not exactly - there was no traditional GT released for the PS4 and it was obviously a strategy employed by PD for the first 6 full titles.

Now that they're back to GT as opposed to GTS, surely it's not an unreasonable assumption that the company would ideally like to revert to its long-standing M.O.?

Besides, 2 full GT titles per console's gonna pay better than 1.

Very questionable to put that date on the article with nowhere offering Gran Turismo 7 as a pre-order title for the PS5 yet, at least not in the UK and the fact that PD themselves have said nothing.

Could it be they just want to surprise everyone and say nothing about the game, don't think so somehow!

We have October remaining so it's either gonna be in yer face news every week or nothing at all. Yo! PD I'm waiting!!!

Not exactly - there was no traditional GT released for the PS4 and it was obviously a strategy employed by PD for the first 6 full titles.

Now that they're back to GT as opposed to GTS, surely it's not an unreasonable assumption that the company would ideally like to revert to its long-standing M.O.?

Besides, 2 full GT titles per console's gonna pay better than 1.

GTSport is a not traditional GT ?...

It contains school, Missions, Career mode (with almost 200 events !!! From sunday race to endurance), Drift Mode, car upgrades, car settings, hotlaps, custom races, custom parts, photo mode, online lobbies, online events... all of this was on previous GT

+ liveries + VR + circuit experience + mode sport + online championships... this is new in GTSPORT as an addition of a traditional GT

Some people don't know anything else than mode sport... but the content is there.

Last edited:
Technically, no it's not, but I get where you're coming from, mate. If it was the traditional GT, there wouldn't be a GT7 coming out soon(?), would there? It'd be GT8.

It'll be GR8, but not GT8. :lol:

Technically, no it's not, but I get where you're coming from, mate. If it was the traditional GT, there wouldn't be a GT7 coming out soon(?), would there? It'd be GT8.

It'll be GR8, but not GT8. :lol:

Game naming is not as important as people think. There are a lot of examples and counterexamples. It's just a name.

What does 'traditional' even mean? GT5 was already not a 'traditional' GT game, it had online and lot's of stuff the earlier games didn't. Game series change, they evolve, they get rebooted, they're still the same franchise as long as they have the core name, no matter how they're numbered. Would Gran Turismo 2000 not have been a traditional game if they kept that name instead of GT3?

OK, let's replace the word "traditional" with "major title", even 'though there's been much discussion here in the forum since GTS dropped that indicated that the vast majority of GT heads didn't view it as a full-blown (traditional) GT iteration.

My reasoning is still valid IMHO. The point I tried to make was that PD historically has released 2 major titles for each iteration of the PS, with the PS4's single title being the exception.

Given the fact that 6 out of the 7 obeyed the 2-majors-per-console rule (86%), I thought it reasonable to assume that PD would want to continue its M.O. if at all possible, and that in order to achieve this it'd have to get in early in the PS5's life with GT7.

I can't articulate it any more-simply than this, nor can I for the life of me see how this is an illogical assumption to make.

OK, let's replace the word "traditional" with "major title", even 'though there's been much discussion here in the forum since GTS dropped that indicated that the vast majority of GT heads didn't view it as a full-blown (traditional) GT iteration.

My reasoning is still valid IMHO. The point I tried to make was that PD historically has released 2 major titles for each iteration of the PS, with the PS4's single title being the exception.

Given the fact that 6 out of the 7 obeyed the 2-majors-per-console rule (86%), I thought it reasonable to assume that PD would want to continue its M.O. if at all possible, and that in order to achieve this it'd have to get in early in the PS5's life with GT7.

I can't articulate it any more-simply than this, nor can I for the life of me see how this is an illogical assumption to make.

Just to add to this let us not forget that the end of the PS3 era and PS4 have not exactly followed the traditional approach as PD insisted on releasing GT6 for PS3 just under a month after the PS4 launched so there's that too.

One really hopes that it does come early in the console's life, it would be nice to have them working on whatever is next but I think we have to wait and see, I am 90% convinced it will be very soon after console though!

@Monkey Man I perfectly understand what you want but it's kind of utopic given Kaz obsession with perfection. And I't would also mean a single entry for PS6.... ok, probably.
What I think would be best is a single game for the whole generation. GT:S showed how can a game evolve with the right support. With that kind of approach we would wait way less for release. And let's be honest. GT7 would probably look the same as GT8 on PS5. Also would it be so difficult to just address it as GT for PS5?

I know what you're getting at but the obvious difference is that games are taking longer and longer to develop these days, which has seen a lot of developers move away from small, incremental sequels to either longer gaps between games, or just focusing on one game as a service.

What was possible in PS1 and PS2 days is not necessarily possible now, at least not without a huge effort to increase staff. I mean depending how you look at it, PD didn't even really manage two number games on PS3 within the lifetime of the console, the second came out after PS4 and they didn't finish it until well into the PS4 life.

That being said, none of us know or can predict it, so as with everything, we can only wait and see. Even if PD wanted to target two PS5 games, it doesn't mean it will happen. For all we know they had a concrete plan for two PS4 games which got canned when GTS took so long. Because I can't imagine releasing a game 4 years into the console lifetime was anything close to the plan. But we'll probably never know.

All we do know is PD have a long, long history of delays and games taking a long time. As long as we all accept and understand that, it saves any disappointment and if/when they do get their act together, it'll be a welcome surprise.

Last edited:
There is covid-19 too that has influence in development, if a game can't be ready for ps5 launch it could be postponed 6 months instead of 38 days later (from real delay for example...)

It's about planned things and some decisions ... I don't see the relation about this and past game launches.

You guys all make too much sense. :lol:

but thing has changed. Even if we will see GT7 early this generation there is still possibility they will just update this game similar to GT Sport. To be honest i would like that if the game has solid base.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind either.

Heck, even if they just tweaked the trackside objects to better fit the "next-gen" tag in GT8, that'd be cool with me. Improved trees, litter blowing across the track to help reduce sterility...
@Monkey Man I perfectly understand what you want but it's kind of utopic given Kaz obsession with perfection. And I't would also mean a single entry for PS6.... ok, probably.
What I think would be best is a single game for the whole generation. GT:S showed how can a game evolve with the right support. With that kind of approach we would wait way less for release. And let's be honest. GT7 would probably look the same as GT8 on PS5. Also would it be so difficult to just address it as GT for PS5?
Agree 100%. :cheers:

If they had the capacity to update GTS and work on GT7 in full at the same time, then they wouldn't have slowed down this year on GTS. =/

Really hoping 7 is still in the launch window which lasts until March. If not, safe to say Covid must have really slowed them down, then.

I guess the outsorcing and smart working are filling partly what they lost with covid, I think if we get a new trailer and major informations until end of this year, could be a good chance to have the game released at April or June 2021, otherwise wait for fall 2021

IMHO Not late 2020 (it's very unlikely) but not even later than fall 2021, so somewhen in 2021 would coming, at worst in early 2022

I know what you're getting at but the obvious difference is that games are taking longer and longer to develop these days, which has seen a lot of developers move away from small, incremental sequels to either longer gaps between games, or just focusing on one game as a service.

This is the way it has become in the gaming world. Comparing Gran Turismo with another long standing big title game, Gran Theft Auto, you can see how the development progress has slowed right down. GTAIII, Vice City and San Andreas all came out (on the PS2) within the space of 4 years. GTA IV and GTA V arrived (on the PS3) within 5 years. The current (PS4) gen hasn't even had it's own title, just a ported PS3 version. Ignoring Grand Theft Horseo (RDR2), we haven't seen a GTA since 2013. Seven years. The online versions of games make up for some of this gap as it keeps games fresher, but not every gamer is bothered by that aspect.

Back