Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,931 comments
extreme tab is where you'll find Intemediate and Wet tyres
So I can't buy them, basically. Which means I can't complete the championship. So I'm blocked from progressing? Maybe I need to do more license tests or something.

This is absolutely shocking from a UX perspective, if someone implemented this flow in a game I worked on I'd get them transferred to another project 😂

So I can't buy them, basically. Which means I can't complete the championship. So I'm blocked from progressing? Maybe I need to do more license tests or something.

This is absolutely shocking from a UX perspective, if someone implemented this flow in a game I worked on I'd get them transferred to another project 😂
Don't those tabs unlock pretty early? What championship are you in?

Last edited:
Don't those tabs unlock pretty early? What championship are you in?
I don't know because there's no way of telling what the level requirements to unlock each tab are. Which there should be. Another basic bit of UX that PD have seemingly forgotten about.

I'm on the High Speed Ring championship

EDIT: Apparently I don't need wet tyres to compete. It would have been nice to have known this before I went looking. AARGH

Last edited:
How does everyone feel about the suspension physics? I find there’s too much body roll for even the smallest amount of steering input. Sponges come to mind. I’m not exaggerating by saying that regular cars in GT7 almost respond to weight transfer like a real world trophy truck. GT Sport got this aspect of the physics quite right, so I’m frankly puzzled about this change.

Can someone confirm whether the game works with HGiG tone mapping, or should I used normal tone mapping on a C1? In work and can't play!

To anybody who bought the 25th edition,do you have to buy the pre order cars or do they just appear in your garage free of charge?
They appear in your garage FOC. Mine popped the moment I started the game (after intro) on PS5. I have not checked or booted the game on the PS4 yet.

Last edited:
One good thing is that the PS5 and PS4 saves transfer across, I started on my PS5 for a couple of hours, then had to stop playing for a couple of hours and then later tried on my PS4 in another part of the house and thankfully the PS4 GT7 picked right up on my profile and progress.
Thanks for confirming!

Damn you're living good with both PS4 and 5 in different parts of your house lol

So I got my physical copy hours ago and I have never been this hyped for a game in my entire life.

My progress so far I was able to gold National B License and completed I think 4 GT Cafe menus including winning some races here and there and I must say, I'm glad I preordered the game as I'm able to do two of the Gr.3 Cup races that appeared while I was progress and it had become my temporary money grinding events for the time being.

My current garage lineup consists of this after winning the High Speed Ring Track Day championship and yes I had to buy a 2023 Z because I couldn't resist as its one of those cars where I was hyped to drive one.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220304175637.png

Also I love that full screen replays are a thing again.

Guys, how do the brand central invitations work? I got 3 for the most expensive Ferraris, but they expire in about two weeks and there's no way I will earn 5 million credits to buy them within that time period. Are they just random every now and then?

I don't know because there's no way of telling what the level requirements to unlock each tab are. Which there should be. Another basic bit of UX that PD have seemingly forgotten about.

I'm on the High Speed Ring championship

EDIT: Apparently I don't need wet tyres to compete. It would have been nice to have known this before I went looking. AARGH
The little dude on the menu before you start the race tells you that it's wet and your car won't have as much grip. I presumed comfort tyres are basically all weather road tyres and I wouldn't be expected to put racing wet tyres on my standard mazda demio.

One good thing is that the PS5 and PS4 saves transfer across, I started on my PS5 for a couple of hours, then had to stop playing for a couple of hours and then later tried on my PS4 in another part of the house and thankfully the PS4 GT7 picked right up on my profile and progress.
Is this save transfer thing actually "forced" upon us or optional?
My game just came in the Mail. I'm asking because i got the PS4 Version and i would like the progression to be separate on my PS5 (i like to start over from scratch)
Or are 2 seperate Progressions not possible since the game is always Online?

Guys, how do the brand central invitations work? I got 3 for the most expensive Ferraris, but they expire in about two weeks and there's no way I will earn 5 million credits to buy them within that time period. Are they just random every now and then?
Yes! Valid quescion. Are those possible to get later to try again or what?

I have a problem with my 25th Anniversary Edition physical copy.
After redeeming the code, I didn't download the content right away and just went back to the home screen. Now I can't find it anywhere and it isn't downloading. Does anyone know what I can do?
Thanks!

They cycle back and forth I believe

Back