Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,300 comments
Has anyone with a T300RS and TH8A H-shifter gotten that combination to work with GT7? The clutch pedal wont even do anything right now with transmission set on manual.

Just played for 6 and a half hours straight, absolutely loving the game! I love grinding and having progression in a game but the fact you have to grind from the start may not be for everyone, I don't think there's a way round it, may be off putting.

The second part is. I had not received mine even though I did the same as everyone else. Only after I shut it down and came back later, the credits were added.

I didn't shut my console down. I looked at a few cars in the UCD, clicked into the 'Learn More' tab to read about the cars, went to purchase the 964 to prompt the Microtransaction screen, looked at another couple of cars and then the credits simply arrived.

Has anyone with a T300RS and TH8A H-shifter gotten that combination to work with GT7? The clutch pedal wont even do anything right now with transmission set on manual.
How do you even set the transmission to manual? I haven't even figured that out yet. Maybe the cars/races I have access to don't offer it? In GT sport before each race you had an option to toggle between Automatic and Manual.

Works for me bro, I did nothing it just automatically worked make sure the car has a Manuel transmission.. if it uses paddle shifters the clutch will not work.

Last edited:
Has anyone done the GT3 challenge with the two peppers 🌶 while the AI was trash in the cafe events this is not the case with this GT3 pepper race lol. The physics actually are really good.. the weight transfer effect are good! If you are sloppy good night.. I spun out the first four times and finished 8th… I’m still trying to beat this as we speak.
The question would be how many are events that are there outside of Cafe events (as you call them)? If everyone just didn't progress really far yet or that it's somehow only 1 or something (I only found Clubman Cup Plus as an event with not trash AI and grid start so far).

VXR
I didn't shut my console down. I looked at a few cars in the UCD, clicked into the 'Learn More' tab to read about the cars, went to purchase the 964 to prompt the Microtransaction screen, looked at another couple of cars and then the credits simply arrived.
Right. I did that as well. Didn’t work for me. I’m straight though.

The question would be how many are events that are there outside of Cafe events (as you call them)? If everyone just didn't progress really far yet or that it's somehow only 1 or something (I only found Clubman Cup Plus as an event with not trash AI and grid start so far).
I feel like the races with the peppers are the real competitive races while the Cafe book races are just for you to win so you can get the cars… if the car collecting was based of those pepper races I think a lot of people would be upset. I am An A/S driver and I only finished fourth before just quitting.. The Supra sounds amazing BTW.

Last edited:
I don't know if this happens for everyone, but watching the cloud cover gradually darken the track on the first High Speed Ring event looked great. Felt natural if a bit quick.

I feel like the races with the peppers are the real competitive races while the Cafe book races are just for you to win so you can get the cars… if the car collecting was based of those pepper races I think a lot of people would be upset. I am An A/S driver and I only finished fourth before just quitting.. The Supra sounds amazing BTW.
What I'm wondering was about how many races with the peppers (and if all of those will have Grid Starts too) are there in the game? I only found 1 currently in Clubman Cup Plus.

People may be upset of using pepper races on the car collecting part but, more choices are always better, choose to set the AI into the slow one to just collect or set the AI as competitive one to get the enjoyment of racing (I mean there's setting but the Hard part still sucked too).

Last edited:
What I'm wondering was about how many races with the peppers (and if all of those will have Grid Starts too) are there in the game? I only found 1 currently in Clubman Cup Plus.

People may be upset of using pepper races on the car collecting part but, more choices are always better, choose to set the AI into the slow one to just collect or set the AI as competitive one to get the enjoyment of racing (I mean there's setting but the Hard part still sucked too).
Yea I’m early in the game and haven’t seen the clubman cup plus… I was in the GT3 cup which was a rolling start.. I had no problem with it because the AI is pretty good and it’s like if you were in the mid to rear pack. I was just shocked to see the AI pass me so aggressively after making a minor mistake on the corner entry… I actually smiled.

Works for me bro, I did nothing it just automatically worked make sure the car has a Manuel transmission.. if it uses paddle shifters the clutch will not work.
Actually its a little more complex than that . Manual states the following so should be able to use manual even with cars where paddle shift is default if not an exception :

Gear Stick and Clutch Controls​

If you are using a steering wheel controller that has a gear stick (such as the TH8 RS shifter) and a clutch pedal, please be sure to select Manual (MT) transmission in Driving Options. When you start racing, paddle shift will be automatically selected, but you can change the mode by performing the following actions:

・Using the gear stick -> The gear stick alone will become operational (Auto-clutch mode).
・Stepping on the clutch pedal -> The gear stick and clutch will both become operational (Full Manual Mode).

Using the paddle shift controls in either of these modes will automatically switch the system back to paddle shift mode.

There are certain cars, such as those with torque converters, CVT, dual clutches etc. in which a clutch pedal cannot be used even if a manual transmission mode is available.

The bonus credits seem to be randomly coming, mine came after two and half hours of playing, the 3-pack cars showed up upon starting the game.

Actually its a little more complex than that . Manual states the following so should be able to use manual even with cars where paddle shift is default if not an exception :

Gear Stick and Clutch Controls​

If you are using a steering wheel controller that has a gear stick (such as the TH8 RS shifter) and a clutch pedal, please be sure to select Manual (MT) transmission in Driving Options. When you start racing, paddle shift will be automatically selected, but you can change the mode by performing the following actions:

・Using the gear stick -> The gear stick alone will become operational (Auto-clutch mode).
・Stepping on the clutch pedal -> The gear stick and clutch will both become operational (Full Manual Mode).

Using the paddle shift controls in either of these modes will automatically switch the system back to paddle shift mode.

There are certain cars, such as those with torque converters, CVT, dual clutches etc. in which a clutch pedal cannot be used even if a manual transmission mode is available.

Thank you I had no clue I was just automatically doing this.

Wish I could say I was enjoying the game, I've been disconnected 6 times in 2 hours. I've repeated the same race 3 times and I get kicked off after receiving the bonus car and game does not save progress. And I'm not losing internet access, playstation servers aren't responding.

Loving the game so far, but I feel lobbies need some love. Just unlocked multiplayer before I stopped last night and there is no option of a qualifier or reverse grid like in GT Sport. Hopefully this will be sorted in a update.

Required tires and pit lane crossing penalty are nice though. A bit baffled why lobbies still don't have the penalty zones.

As a league organizer, my biggest wish is for better lobby setup 🤞🏻

Last edited:
My first impressions:

Physics have improved a lot. I'm enjoying a lot compared to GT Sport. This time, I have a better feeling of the road and so, I can go to the limit of the car rather than the limit of the track. Not a revolution but a big evolution and it's exactly what I expected.

Technically, it's impressive. Some pop in here and there but apart from that, it's super clean (on PS5), not aliasing and the track edges are much more detailed. And the lighting effects are just crazy, PoDi is really above all others on this subject, including Naughty Dog.

The atmosphere. Everything I like. The passion for cars. If you don't have a passion for cars with this game then.... Sorry for you.

The engine sound. I don't know if it's the 3D audio but I felt a nice progression too. The license has been mocked for several years but now they are largely on level. Even the squeals seems more "pleasant".

For the rest, I haven't played enough to judge.

The AI, for the little I've seen, when it comes to serious racing, it's good but for "basic" races (cafe event), it's deliberately easier...

Ive never found the adaptive triggers fun or useful at all. Switched it off for Dirt5 and F1 because my times were slower, just felt awkward..
VXR
Indeed. On the Music Rally, I felt I was braking normally because it was giving resistance and then found I had way more to go on 'pedal' travel when I was already on the grass, about to hit a barrier.

At this point, I've found them to be nothing but a hindrance.
Interesting. I never considered disabling it, but I might now. My experience largely lines up with both of yours; feel slower, and I think I'm braking normally but that couldn't be further from the tru—and there's a barricade. :lol:

Interesting. I never considered disabling it, but I might now. My experience largely lines up with both of yours; feel slower, and I think I'm braking normally but that couldn't be further from the tru—and there's a barricade. :lol:

I've just noticed it's set to strong by default, but it didn't add anything to Wreckfest or Ride 4 for me, so I turned it off anyway.

Scalpers are so rude, won’t even offer me a PS5 at retail price on my birthday. 😃😃😃

Hopefully I won’t have to search much longer.
Don't know if it's the same over there, but FWIW, the best shot over here seems to be calling up local retailers on the days when they receive new stock. Once I realized that, I got lucky after a few weeks.

P.S. Happy Birthday! :cheers:

Wish I could say I was enjoying the game, I've been disconnected 6 times in 2 hours. I've repeated the same race 3 times and I get kicked off after receiving the bonus car and game does not save progress. And I'm not losing internet access, playstation servers aren't responding.
This has happened to me once as well. I took it as a sign to go to bed so I'm not sure how much of a problem it will be.

Thank you I had no clue I was just automatically doing this.
Thanks all for the replies. If the manual means by Driving Options "Assist options" then I have it set on Manual Transmission (MT) but still unable to get anything from my clutch pedal or shifter (I can't find Driving Options in any of the race menus). I wonder if this is a PS5 issue. For those this works for is it working on PS4?

Thanks all for the replies. If the manual means by Driving Options "Assist options" then I have it set on Manual Transmission (MT) but still unable to get anything from my clutch pedal or shifter (I can't find Driving Options in any of the race menus). I wonder if this is a PS5 issue. For those this works for is it working on PS4?
What car are you using? If it's the Aqua then you wont find it, it's auto only.

Interesting experiment I have for anyone with the game to try on the Toyota Aqua (if you can afford it): I can't remember if it was this exact car or not, but I remember in GT5 or GT6 that you could take a car with CVT and actually install a regular transmission in it. Maybe see if the same can be done here.

Last edited:
Back