Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,299 comments
OOOOh think of the amazing possibilities of jingle bells music rally on a snowy Nürburgring froth!
Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

Because it's in every thread and the same thing over and over again. If you don't like let me go post that in that form in every thread just so people know. I'm also going to go into the project car's two and I racing threads just to tell people how much I dislike them despite never having played them.
This is just derailing the thread now. There's no reason a person cannot have an opinion on something even if they haven't experienced it first hand. I judge many rom-coms without ever having actually watched them for example.

You don't need to own GT7 to form an opinion on it's in game economy, handling of MTX's, lack of single player races, format of most single player races, poor updates since launch and the fact the ability to sell your cars still isn't present. Sure, @Samus could buy GT7 and discover it's more fun than he thinks, or he could discover his concerns were valid and he's wasted £70.

If he were saying the game isn't fun, the physics are terrbile and the control inputs are laggy and he didn't own the game, the fact he doesn't own the game would most certainly discredit those views to some degree, but the points he's making are pretty valid points even for someone who has only observed the game or played it sparringly. As much as it may bug you that he's critical of a game he doesn't own, rather than attack his right to have and express those opinions, try to attack and discuss the actual points raised instead.

Last edited:
In his round of interviews Hermen Hulst told a French outlet Live Service games will now release day & date on PS5 & PC. Single Player titles will have at least a 1 year gap.

There’s been some confusion about how GT7 is classified internally. A leaked document didn’t list GT7 as a Live Service title. Although, strangely, MLB ‘22 was.

In another interview GT7 was described as a ‘live ops’ title. Plus plans to expand the Gran Turismo IP. Open to interpretation what that means. Those can be read here.

In his round of interviews Hermen Hulst told a French outlet Live Service games will now release day & date on PS5 & PC. Single Player titles will have at least a 1 year gap.
You missed a key word there. Might.

because you want to have a really strong community, strong engagement right away when you go live" with live service games, Sony might opt to release them across multiple platforms at the same time in future.
Besides, GT7 has already released so it's irrelevant.

Last edited:
Maintenance tomorrow

Interesting.

This is the first time it's not included the words "game update" before "maintenance" in the Australian version of the site; in fact I can't find any version of the announcement in any language that says "game update". I still think there's an update - that race-end freeze situation can't continue for a month - but I can't hang an article off what I think.

Just in case @Famine is wrong, is there a chance that this maintenance is going to mix up the prizes you get through roulette tickets or does it take an actual update for that to happen? I have 15 tickets saved up which only award things I don't need. There are also another two tickets waiting to be claimed at the Café, but I don't want to start their expiration timer before knowing that I'll get to re-roll the dice on them as many times as possible. Therefore I won't be claiming them until just before an update drops.

Last time, only the engine-awarding tickets were affected by the update. I'm curious to see if there's going to be anything different next time.
FeTes0LXkAElt2Z

FeTdkcvWAAEwaC-

Hulst said that they wanted to do more with the GT IP.
I don't believe he did.

The translation posted... somewhere, I don't know ... translated "kono" as "this", but Japanese singular/plural can be tricksy. In the context of the interview it would be more appropriate to translate it as "these":

Famitsu: Finally, let me ask you a question about Japan. In April 2021, the SIE Japan Studio was reorganised, and many creators left. Since then there have been no new titles or sequels for original Japanese IPs released by SIE, and only "Gran Turismo 7" has come out. What are your thoughts on the Japanese IP that Japan Studio and others have worked on so far? Is there a future for PlayStation Studios to continue to work on them?

Hulst: Japanese games and the Japanese market is very important to SIE, and this continues to be the case. There is no doubt that the success of PlayStation is closely tied to the works created by our predecessors in Japan and Asia. Some very iconic and popular titles have also emerged from this region, and we want to keep that trend going.

We will continue to release games in Japan as PS Studios, through Polyphony Digital of the Gran Turismo series, Team ASOBI which created Astro's Playroom, and other partner studios. Gran Turismo 7 has become a wonderful title that shows the power of the PlayStation 5 to all, and we'd like to continue to expand these IPs.

Famitsu: If my wish comes true, I'd like to play a new game in the Japanese IP "Ape Escape" [Saru Get You!].

Notice how they're talking about Japanese IPs from Japanese studios, and after Hulst references Astro's Playroom (in addition to GT7, mentioned in the question) the interviewer brings up a further example of a Japanese IP?

The gist seems to be that they want to expand on Japanese IPs in general, not GT7 in particular.

And now it looks like Sumo Digital is working on a open-world race game for Sony (project is codenamed Carbon, it seems)
I can't find "Sony" anywhere in that. What's the link between the tweets and Sony?

Can we just like boycott GT7 or something like that! until some kind of Spec 2 update comes out? It's literally devastating how they decided to push ******* MTX in full AAA game, literally hiding it in pre-release version of the game. And still to this day doing their best to push it and shove it into players's throats. Goob job, Sony.

Imagine making GT7 cross-gen and also putting this type of crap, I personally don't get it why the ****? Cringe singleplayer with no content. Ohh...by the way "single player focused game,back to GT roots" WITH LESS CONTENT THAN EVEN GT3. And they did that on purpose

It's so easy to fix this game now, while putting zero efforts
-Increase payouts for Sport/Custom races
-Add 24 Hour Races or even bunch of endurance ones.
-Make community tab, where people can post their custom races and vote for them.

But they won't. They have to push and push their cringe system of stupid invites, hagerty price increasement and just random out of stock type of ****

What 25 years of game development gave them? I don't understand this at all. How simple it would be to make a really good singleplayer GT game.

I keep forgetting MTX's are in the game... 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the daily reminder!

Edit: /sarcasm (because I think some people don't understand this post, and that some people ONLY focus on the fact that mtx's are in the game and think that's the main problem.... then complain about it in this thread... 🤷‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️)

Last edited:
I can't find "Sony" anywhere in that. What's the link between the tweets and Sony?
Oh sorry... Forgot to post that.

According to an leaked document (the same one that said Horizon ZD is being remastered), Sumo Digital is doing an Open World game (now "confirmed" by the listings I posted early) for Sony. The document seems to be from early 2021, by the way – Would explain why Redstar (probably Twisted Metal) is still listed with Lucid and not Firesprite in this list.

1664819446744899.png

In another interview GT7 was described as a ‘live ops’ title. Plus plans to expand the Gran Turismo IP. Open to interpretation what that means. Those can be read here.
Gran Turismo x Discovery reality TV show about a teenager who uses the experience earned from managing a used car dealership in a video game to open up a real life car dealership and the struggles therein.

Gran Turismo x History Channel limited series about the forgotten history of Japanese car manufacturers and the possible involvement of extra terrestrials. What does "Xedos" really mean?

Gran Turismo x Bon Appetit "Cooking with Cars" Youtube Shorts about...cooking with cars.

Back