Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,188 comments
Stop pretending like you don't know what the modern colloquial use of grifting is in online gaming forums. You just admitted you believe that PD does not listen, so all of your criticisms are just here so other players read them. You also admit you don't own the game so your criticism isn't based on a product you own or paid money for, which would be a valid feeling as if you got misled or the product is subpar for what you paid.
You literally just come on here to tell other players how you feel about a product that you don't own over and over and over to the point it has begun to annoy multiple players. This behavior would be FINE if you believed that maybe PD listens to your complaints and such comments may better the game, but now you have openly admitted you don't think they do. At this point, the sole reason you come is to vent these opinions to a community of people who have told you hundreds of times they either don't care or are tired of hearing it.
GTP does not have rules against this and has a nice ignore button, but because so many people reply to your same old criticisms and the fact you turn threads like that of the undocumented changes into a battle zone by complaining instead of helping us by reporting undocumented changes ( how could you even do that, you don't own the game), it's impossible to get away.

" A griefer/grifter derives pleasure primarily, or exclusively, from the act of annoying other users, and as such, is a particular nuisance in online gaming communities. "

We get it, you think Granturismo 7 IS a mediocre game with a poor economy, **** AI, crapy progression, lacks events, low payouts, a sub-par physics system, with a poor implementation of mechanics such as the custom race feature, roulette, and engine swaps. I also think you feel PD is out of touch and is way behind on adding modern cars.

Did I miss anything? Do I need citations? If I did I will just go back and find them easily and or stick around and find out because the criticism keeps coming non-stop.

Constructive criticism is fine, there's nothing constructive about bringing it up hundreds of times.
Username checks out

I keep having these bizarre GT-related dreams...

This time, the October update had added the Ford Model T and two bikes, for whatever reason. (I think a Ducati and a Hayabusa.) Grand Valley was in there too, but no car selling.

Everyone in this thread was laughing, dogpiling on Kaz and PD... I think at some point Nenkai posted, saying two more bikes were in the datamines - a Kawasaki and a Honda CB. The entire comments section of his tweet was full of "WHERE HARLEY-DAVIDSON" and "GIVE ME HARLEY OR I UNINSTALL THIS TRASH GAME!!!"

It was very strange and very amusing.

Last edited:

This time, the October update had added the Ford Model T and two bikes, for whatever reason. (I think a Ducati and a Hayabusa.) Grand Valley was in there too, but no car selling.

Everyone in this thread was laughing, dogpiling on Kaz and PD... I think at some point Nenkai posted, saying two more bikes were in the datamines - a Kawasaki and a Honda CB. The entire comments section of his tweet was full of "WHERE HARLEY-DAVIDSON" and "GIVE ME HARLEY OR I UNINSTALL THIS TRASH GAME!!!"

Obviously other things need to be added first, but I would be down for bikes in GT7. They’d look spectacular and a Tourist Trophy event or championship would be really cool to see.

It might be better off, if they do ever make a bike game, to bundle it into GT as paid DLC. I don’t think a fully priced TT game would sell super well - but that’s just a guess, I figure the GT name would help a good bit.

Then again, RIDE and MotoGP sell alright, I think, so who knows.

P.S. WHERE HARLEY-DAVIDSON

Last edited:
Can we just like boycott GT7 or something like that! until some kind of Spec 2 update comes out? It's literally devastating how they decided to push ******* MTX in full AAA game, literally hiding it in pre-release version of the game. And still to this day doing their best to push it and shove it into players's throats. Goob job, Sony.

Imagine making GT7 cross-gen and also putting this type of crap, I personally don't get it why the ****? Cringe singleplayer with no content. Ohh...by the way "single player focused game,back to GT roots" WITH LESS CONTENT THAN EVEN GT3. And they did that on purpose

It's so easy to fix this game now, while putting zero efforts
-Increase payouts for Sport/Custom races
-Add 24 Hour Races or even bunch of endurance ones.
-Make community tab, where people can post their custom races and vote for them.

But they won't. They have to push and push their cringe system of stupid invites, hagerty price increasement and just random out of stock type of ****

What 25 years of game development gave them? I don't understand this at all. How simple it would be to make a really good singleplayer GT game.
Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

I have to hope this is satire.

Can we just like boycott GT7 or something like that! until some kind of Spec 2 update comes out? It's literally devastating how they decided to push ******* MTX in full AAA game, literally hiding it in pre-release version of the game. And still to this day doing their best to push it and shove it into players's throats. Goob job, Sony.
It's too late for me, they already got my money...twice. :ill:

----

EDIT: The 2nd time to be fair was because I bought a PS5 from Gamestop in a bundle.

Last edited:
After 1.23, I haven't had any problems applying the liveries so far (PS4 PRO). Not even that long wait stuck in the 30%... :dopey:

Just in case @Famine is wrong, is there a chance that this maintenance is going to mix up the prizes you get through roulette tickets or does it take an actual update for that to happen? I have 15 tickets saved up which only award things I don't need. There are also another two tickets waiting to be claimed at the Café, but I don't want to start their expiration timer before knowing that I'll get to re-roll the dice on them as many times as possible. Therefore I won't be claiming them until just before an update drops.

Last time, only the engine-awarding tickets were affected by the update. I'm curious to see if there's going to be anything different next time.
FeTes0LXkAElt2Z

FeTdkcvWAAEwaC-
I don't recall previous bug-fix updates jumbling the roulette wheels. The good news is the October update should be 4 weeks/28 days from the September update (and 3 weeks/21 days from the possible bug-fix tomorrow), so you should be good to go on popping the Cafe tickets.

Can we just like boycott GT7 or something like that! until some kind of Spec 2 update comes out?....

...But they won't. They have to push and push their cringe system of stupid invites, hagerty price increasement....
It seems they only take notice of the World Tour players when it comes to boycotts. As evidenced in GT Sport when they refused to race due to the penalty system issues. It got quite heated behind closed doors at one WT event between PD and them. So the story goes.

Hagerty cars can go dive off a cliff backwards. With the prices of everything in life going up, it's a no brainer to assume this will be the same case with these cars. If they want real world prices, then give me an F1 championship to win that gives me £50 million for one season then.

What's that Polyphony? You won't? You want me to get out my wallet in real life?

This is what leaves a bad taste for me.

It got quite heated behind closed doors at one WT event between PD and them. So the story goes.
Where did you hear of this? I've heard of them complaining about the penalty system, but never about things getting heated.

Where did you hear of this? I've heard of them complaining about the penalty system, but never about things getting heated.
Kie said this on a livestream. Can't remember if Tidgney mentioned this also. But it's been stated to have happened. Could even be other sources, it was a while ago, (towards the end of GT Sport days).

As much as I hate the state of the game right now, I wouldn't mind if they add bikes lol

Last edited:
yup its the PS4 fix

yup its the PS4 fix
I’m glad they got on this fast!!! They must have been FLOODED with crash reports! What else did they change? This wasn’t a back door update like the Nissan Z, where they just slid in 1.22 without going offline.

As much as I hate the state of the game right now, I wouldn't mind if they add bikes lol
images

When the Honda City Turbo II returns, it should bring Motocompo with it, it'd be mad fun!

Or, indeed, they could add a regular sized motorbike some time, to test the waters for Tourist Trophy 2. They seemed pretty keen on adding bikes to the next GT back in 2006, not sure what went wrong there. TT still has amazingly modern handling today, I can only imagine what TT2 could be in 2026.

images

When the Honda City Turbo II returns, it should bring Motocompo with it, it'd be mad fun!

Or, indeed, they could add a regular sized motorbike some time, to test the waters for Tourist Trophy 2. They seemed pretty keen on adding bikes to the next GT back in 2006, not sure what went wrong there. TT still has amazingly modern handling today, I can only imagine what TT2 could be in 2026.
Knowing PD, Motocompo would be put inside Legendary Dealer :lol:

Yeah, give Ride series a run for their money. I can imagine Tourist Trophy 2 would bring a lot of people in especially if it comes with scapes, GT7 graphics, customization and all that.

It seems they only take notice of the World Tour players when it comes to boycotts. As evidenced in GT Sport when they refused to race due to the penalty system issues. It got quite heated behind closed doors at one WT event between PD and them. So the story goes.
Speaking of World Tour players, there was also a bullying incident at this year's Showdown.

EDIT: There's also the issue of match fixing. sidawg2 spoke out about it last year, plus there might be some tinfoil worthy stuff regarding BOP and partner manufacturers.

Last edited:
Wind direction indicator is still busted, but as a bonus 1.24 now also completely busted the weather radar.
Overall another solid work week for PD.

EDIT: Radar is not broken, it’s actually improved. See my later post.

Last edited:
I'm doing a Le Mans right now, and it seems not so much that the weather indicator is broken, but that level 1, light blue rain, is actually light, light rain now.
I've pitted for inters, as a wall of L1 rain with patches of L3 was coming over. After the long pitstop, usually the track would be very wet, but this time only half way to the first bar and slowly increasing.
Rain has definitely changed, further investigation required, maybe "Red Flag-worthy Apocalyptic Downpour" is being moved to the orange and purple section where it should be, not dark blue.

I'm doing a Le Mans right now, and it seems not so much that the weather indicator is broken, but that level 1, light blue rain, is actually light, light rain now.
I've pitted for inters, as a wall of L1 rain with patches of L3 was coming over. After the long pitstop, usually the track would be very wet, but this time only half way to the first bar and slowly increasing.
Rain has definitely changed, further investigation required, maybe "Red Flag-worthy Apocalyptic Downpour" is being moved to the orange and purple section where it should be, not dark blue.

Yup. You’re right. This is it:

Attachments

• 3D0CE058-3F17-49DA-B7FF-EAF6F4D0EE76.jpeg
    3D0CE058-3F17-49DA-B7FF-EAF6F4D0EE76.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 14
Just in case @Famine is wrong, is there a chance that this maintenance is going to mix up the prizes you get through roulette tickets or does it take an actual update for that to happen? I have 15 tickets saved up which only award things I don't need. There are also another two tickets waiting to be claimed at the Café, but I don't want to start their expiration timer before knowing that I'll get to re-roll the dice on them as many times as possible. Therefore I won't be claiming them until just before an update drops.

Last time, only the engine-awarding tickets were affected by the update. I'm curious to see if there's going to be anything different next time.
FeTes0LXkAElt2Z

FeTdkcvWAAEwaC-
Welp, nothing's changed at all 💩

Perhaps the engine roulettes had a changed outcome after the last update because new engines had been added to the game. Since the pool of available engines had grown, the previous results were automatically shaken up. Still though, if that's how it works then the car roulettes should've had a different outcome as well after the three new cars were added in update 1.23. But they all remained the same 🤔

Last edited:
Yes, this appears to be the case. I’m doing the Spa 1 hour and if this weather happened prior to the update, the surface wetness meter would be close to full right now.

5689E66A-DA11-492F-8178-EF5C118ABCB4.png

Last edited:
8 minutes in to that race. We’ll see.

Edit: Eh. Light rain Lap 6-14. Stopped and then heavy rain from Lap 20-22.

Last edited:
Back