Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,384 comments
Free 500k?
Either means the free Ferrari VGT and it's a typo, for if he's answered the question correctly or by extension that he'll be able to sell it for 500k.

Beaten by a few nanoseconds by @Samus

Last edited:
I'm not saying I'm not happy with the update, given what we had over the last month, but usually season of givings is a good time to introduce new stuff to make people willing to jump into the game.

World finals created an appeal, for sure, but probably it was more a way to re-ignite people already part of the community then to get new people on fire

However, as I said, I'm happy enough with the last few contents, and I'm old enough to accept that
Santa does not exist

I wonder how much all the new cars will costs.

Obviously the Ferrari will be 1 million.
C8 will probably be around 80k.
Giulia around 150k.
Chiron around 1,600,000.
Celica around 700k-900k.
That seems high for the Celica, my guess it would only be around the price of the Gr. B cars if not slightly higher. Real WRC Celicas have only been going for mid-low 6 figure purchases, usually lower than the standard Gr. B price in USD. (Though that said the ST205 road car is like 3-5x the price of real world rates, so who knows :lol:)

That seems high for the Celica, my guess it would only be around the price of the Gr. B cars if not slightly higher. Real WRC Celicas have only been going for mid-low 6 figure purchases, usually lower than the standard Gr. B price in USD. (Though that said the ST205 road car is like 3-5x the price of real world rates, so who knows :lol:)
As the Celica GT-Four ST205's horsepower is much lower than all the other rally cars, it might not make sense to put it in Gr. B, and that they should introduce a Gr. A category, and this makes sense as rally cars in the 90s were really under Group A at the time (besides the iconic touring cars).

As the Celica GT-Four ST205's horsepower is much lower than all the other rally cars, it might not make sense to put it in Gr. B, and that they should introduce a Gr. A category, and this makes sense as rally cars in the 90s were really under Group A at the time (besides the iconic touring cars).
At some point there was an unused Gr. A discovered in GT Sport both in daily race and community search criteria databases. In fact at the time it also revealed yet-unused Gr. 2, as it was before any Super GT cars had been added. No one knows what it was ever supposed to be for, as historically IRL there’s been a Group A for both rally and touring cars.

There’s also never been a point where there’s been an available racing category that had less than 3 cars in it, in Sport anything of that nature would (very frustratingly) get dumped into the catch-all overflow that was Gr. X. Thank god for the return of PP, it’ll be interesting to see what happens once the update is live.

Last edited:
Anyway, I'm glad the Chiron is already there, and it's about high time Polyphony starts work on a Gr. 3 version of it, so that Bugatti can finally race in the Manufacturers Cup.
i agree , they could easily reuse the Gr.1 version and the cockpit looks good - nothing too scifi

i agree , they could easily reuse the Gr.1 version and the cockpit looks good - nothing too scifi
The VGT is almost close to LMP1 (or Le Mans Hypercar) in terms of appearance and performance, but I hope a possible Chiron Gr. 3 is purely GT3 like, as if almost like a GT1, where it looks significantly different from the VGT.

Last edited:
Gr. B in GT7 is not supposed to be an actual representation of FIA’s Group B. It just PD’s way of categorizing rally cars in general. So making a Gr. A category reflecting FIA’s Group A would only cause a ton of confusion on top of the confusion already present.

The VGT is almost close to LMP1 (or Le Mans Hypercar) in terms of appearance and performance, but I hope a possible Chiron Gr. 3 is purely GT3 like, as if almost like a GT1, where it looks significantly different from the VGT.
True , maybe Bugatti Chiron Pur Sport with GT3 specs? that might work

C8 and Chiron!
ConcernedInformalCopepod-size_restricted.gif

It looks like they have already dropped full support for this game. I wouldn't be surprised if they later admit that most of their team is already fully working on the next-game.

You realize this update is light due to the team's upcoming holiday break right? Its pretty common

Back