Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,198 comments
so dumb. Seriously questionable means of censorship for no reason.
If they are using regex in their filter at all, then it is probably indiscriminate. You also want the filter to capture text that may be hidden within other words or substrings and censor/remove them before it reaches another user.

For the "coconut" example above, you might want to capture "coc", since that could be trying skirt around a certain four-letter word (I am not risking it today). If they feel particularly heavy-handed, they might want to also capture "nut" too, since there are very little reasons for you to be discussing that food item in a racing game :lol:

Its a bit curious that the filter is tied to language settings. Maybe the list(s) of banned words were handled by different (international) teams, or that PD didn't even design it themselves at all.

Last edited:
At least this weekend we will see a sneak peak of the new cars.....
A new hope....
watching star wars GIF
Silhouttes saturday or sunday so not long to find out

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I've stumbled on a video of the 1932 Ford hot rod in GT7. It's currently housed in Ford's auto museum storage which is an odd place to find a car to model - and an odd choice of one to model if this is where PD found it. It still has the Arizona plates. It also illustrates the level of creative liberty nigh authenticity that PD strives for - look at all the swirl marks in the paint, clouding of the polished aluminum and chrome, and the wear on the interior leather. PD maybe have modeled the car accurately but they textured it to pristine condition. This car is in great shape regardless but it goes to show that PD can and does "fix" models and textures to restore the car to perfect video game showroom condition. I wonder how worn a car they can restore? Scroll to 23:40:

Last edited:
I just noticed, sometimes I can get the clean bonus salvaged by feigning being sent into the wall after I collide with an AI car.

I think I've had at least 10-15 clean bonuses saved that way. That being said I don't advise doing that in racing events with collision penalty or shortcut penalties.

Oh and I don't advise you do that in Multiplayer, that would be gross because there's a risk the person you hit would get the blame pinned on them by the game.

TL;DR It's an exploit.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I've stumbled on a video of the 1932 Ford hot rod in GT7. It's currently housed in Ford's auto museum storage which is an odd place to find a car to model - and an odd choice of one to model if this is where PD found it. It still has the Arizona plates. It also illustrates the level of creative liberty nigh authenticity that PD strives for - look at all the swirl marks in the paint, clouding of the polished aluminum and chrome, and the wear on the interior leather. PD maybe have modeled the car accurately but they textured it to pristine condition. This car is in great shape regardless but it goes to show that PD can and does "fix" models and textures to restore the car to perfect video game showroom condition. I wonder how worn a car they can restore? Scroll to 23:40:

Yeah, that's the one. The description text in the car collection screen mentions the numberplate directly and that it's displayed in the Henry Ford museum.

I had a pretty good idea for if the next GT game has trophies relating to hitting certain speeds. One could be for hitting the McLaren F1’s top speed in a naturally-aspirated car, while another trophy could be for beating the Bugatti Veyron’s speed record in a turbocharged car. I think this would make a lot more sense than GT7’s trophies for hitting 500 and 600 km/h. That said, the trophy for hitting 200 mph seems fine as-is.

EDIT: Honestly, I sort of wonder if some parts of the GT7 trophy list is just filler for the sake of satisfying certain requirements set by Sony, like the ones for driving certain distances. I get that a lot has been added post-launch - such as recording golds/silvers/bronzes for online time trials, or the master licences - but still.

Last edited:
If the next track is indeed Montreal it would make a lot of sense to reveal it at Montreal on July 6 and have it be part of the July update.

Last edited:
No sign of a track this month, but if what I'm reading about the cars is correct then I think people will still be very happy with this update.
  • Mazda Autozam AZ-1 ‘92
  • Daihatsu Cuore TR-XX Avanzato R ‘97
  • Suzuki Alto Works Suzuki Sports Ltd ‘97

I have envisioned the future of this teaser…*

In all seriousness, potentially exciting times but depends on what else they bring.

*(This is not intended as a prediction or a wishlist)

Last edited:
Maybe they'll do what they did back in GT Sport, and showcase the new circuit at a live event before it gets added into the public version.

If that's the case, it would be next month's update, not this month
Actually not even, since the event is in July, it would not be included in June update, but in the first week of August update that encloses July and August

No sign of a track this month, but if what I'm reading about the cars is correct then I think people will still be very happy with this update.
Ok then, bracing myself for disappointment then, likely more “meh” cars am not going to use. Godforbid if we get a modern GT3 car, I’ll genuinely be amazed.

If Motegi is later this year, then I truly hope 2022 onwards GT500’s come.

Could only mean a few things:

A new GT race car for the Gr. 3 class
A new Hypercar/LMDh
GT500’s or Class One race cars, or just about anything for Gr. 2
Lotus and/or Koenigsegg

Last edited:

A new Hypercar/LMDh
Lotus and/or Koenigsegg
I disagree; different parts of the community have different preferences, there can be an update that makes people happy that isn't about modern race cars.

Although them adding GT3 cars immediately after their flagship GT3 online series ends would be quite funny.

A new Hypercar/LMDh
Lotus and/or Koenigsegg
You really are hopeful, lots of folk would love that content, then when they ask they get told to go play ACC or whatever. Don’t think Kaz really listens anyway, but am not holding my breath this month for anything really good.

Expect the disappointment and you won’t be disappointed.

Last edited:
I disagree; different parts of the community have different preferences, there can be an update that makes people happy that isn't about modern race cars.

Although them adding GT3 cars immediately after their flagship GT3 online series ends would be quite funny.
Would make sense to avoid issues with BoP, they release them right after the official championship and them make BoP adjustments during exhibition series

Last edited:

I would say it’s more of the varied type that has at least one car for just about everyone. I’m personally excited for all of them.

Back