Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,198 comments
Any car is a race car if you put go-faster stripes on it ;)
Touché.

But jokes aside…the Vantage / 458 & M6 do need to be wheeled into the retirement home, so either one of those newer models would be an amazing welcome to the game.

But it could be from that list that was datamined, so keep expectations in check is hard but god I hope it’s good. Something for everyone to be happy about.

No sign of a track this month, but if what I'm reading about the cars is correct then I think people will still be very happy with this update.
Didint expect a new track this month. But i like the sound of this👍

I disagree; different parts of the community have different preferences, there can be an update that makes people happy that isn't about modern race cars.

Although them adding GT3 cars immediately after their flagship GT3 online series ends would be quite funny.

I agree with this i would not be happy with a race car only update.
Its difficult when we all wants different kinds of cars

Last edited:
I disagree; different parts of the community have different preferences, there can be an update that makes people happy that isn't about modern race cars.

Although them adding GT3 cars immediately after their flagship GT3 online series ends would be quite funny.
I disagree, this is a racing game after all. Gran Turismo has had all sorts of cars, and race cars have featured an awful lot over the years.

Just vary them out so everyone is happy.

Guys, we're clearly getting the Daihatsu Midget this month.
yaaaaas GIF

Flexing Ohio State GIF by Ohio State Athletics

I feel like the "Millennium Champion" is coming back.

Millennium Champion.JPG

Surely, in fact, it must have been just a coincidence, also because I don't remember precisely the rotation of the Legendary cars, but I remember something similar during the return with the GT-One, where after a short time before we had the F1 GTR LongTail and the CLK-LM.

Last edited:
I disagree, this is a racing game after all. Gran Turismo has had all sorts of cars, and race cars have featured an awful lot over the years.

Just vary them out so everyone is happy.
That's fair, I'm not saying don't bring racing cars to the game, of course they have a place! I just meant I disagreed with the premise that they were the only cars that could make the community happy.

Guys, we're clearly getting the Daihatsu Midget this month.
It never seemed clear to me, only a dream; for so long have we tried to wish our vision into reality, that it seems unreachable.
Perhaps your approach has merit; if enough of us were to confidently and audaciously announce the impending return of Daihatsu Midget II D-type as if it were written, we could bring it sooner. I don't believe in the law of attraction but I'll try it anyway.
MANIFEST.png

Because I'm sure there's at least one person out there thinking that Kaz not posting the silhouettes today means there'll be no update, here's a compilation of when he's posted them (day in UTC) to try and assuage that doubt:
  • The Friday before a Thursday update - v1.35, v1.19
  • The Saturday before a Thursday update - v1.44, v1.42, v1.38, v1.34, v1.31, v1.27, v1.21, v1.15
  • The Sunday before a Thursday update - v1.43, v1.40, v1.26, v1.25, v1.20, v1.17
  • The Tuesday before a Thursday update - v1.32
  • The Wednesday before a Thursday update - v1.46
  • Weird updates that were not on Thursdays - v1.36 (posted over a week in advance; the GR Corolla pre-load and GT movie tie in), v1.29 (posted three days before; the PSVR2 launch), v1.13 (posted one day before; the first content update when they were still in launch mode)
So while Saturday is the most common day for the post, it comes later than Saturday just as often as it is on Saturday. So don't panic just yet - especially since just last update he didn't post them until after a regional PS account had leaked the contents on trailer day!

It won't be in the next few hours though - it's the middle of the night in Japan.

Latest Posts

Back