Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

There is no gaining and loosing anything in making liveries at all? I don't think that's what's painting cars is about anyway.

It's an overall gain for pretty much everyone unless they're against the idea of the livery creator as a concept. We get so much more variety and individuality, we get far more convincing grids for those that race. The difference is that for some, it's a zero effort gain, and for others, it isn't. For some it's a little bit of effort, for some it's a lot - you can't really say nothing is lost when there's hundreds and hundreds of hours, and maybe even hard cash spent (I've bought hardware and software essentially specifically for making decals, for example) - the gain for everyone comes at a cost to some, and personally, I think the expectation that liveries should be unlocked fails to respect that fact.

As I say, I'm not saying all liveries should be locked, or that it always makes sense, I'll continue to lock some and not others (when I finally get around to making a few more anyway), and I'm not really phased by anyone else locking their liveries or whether doing so affects likes and reposts.

Such is the time investment, I would be, and am, far more worried about the potential loss of access to my own stuff in the future.

I made some changes and added a 3rd car to the team. :D
Autodromo Nazionale Monza__2.jpeg
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_.jpeg
Autodromo Nazionale Monza__1.jpeg
Autodromo Nazionale Monza__3.jpeg
Autodromo Nazionale Monza__4.jpeg
Autodromo Nazionale Monza__5.jpeg

It's still my work and I still get all the credits because people can't do anything with other people's livery except for adjusting it and for using it themselves.

Which they also can with locked liveries btw.
Yeah but they can race in your livery, take screenshots of the races, and then upload the livery to social media without giving you any credit. So wouldn't stress too much over liveries because people can be ****** one way or another when it comes to that type of stuff.

This argument for locking liveries is pointless regardless, since the lock can be circumvented very easily so people can edit the livery anyway. And no, getting around the lock still doesn't mean they can share it as their own work, it's still registered as the original owner's livery.

This argument for locking liveries is pointless regardless, since the lock can be circumvented very easily so people can edit the livery anyway. And no, getting around the lock still doesn't mean they can share it as their own work, it's still registered as the original owner's livery.
What's the workaround for locked liveries??

It's not impossible for people to download a livery, race it and claim it as their own. They can be called on their BS, but there's less chance of that in most cases.

What's the workaround for locked liveries??

It's not impossible for people to download a livery, race it and claim it as their own. They can be called on their BS, but there's less chance of that in most cases.
Find and load a style, save the style under any name, load that version, and then create from existing let's you do whatever you want with it.

This argument for locking liveries is pointless regardless, since the lock can be circumvented very easily so people can edit the livery anyway.
The fact it's possible to circumvent rules doesn't make them pointless. The fact we've been able to rip off other peoples decals and present them as our own for years doesn't make it okay, it just makes it a thing.

Yeah but they can race in your livery, take screenshots of the races, and then upload the livery to social media without giving you any credit. So wouldn't stress too much over liveries because people can be ****** one way or another when it comes to that type of stuff.
Yeah, and locking a livery doesn't prevent anyone from doing that unless you slap giant watermarks all over your shared liveries. And at that point, why even bother sharing them?

I need a creative reset to get on with doing liveries. My mindset is stuck on the classics and I just can't get a modern livery done at all.
Tried a livery on the RS5 yesterday, but ended up with just 3 stripes and no logos, after 3 hours of editing. Haven't attempted to get on with it yet....

Last edited:
I need a creative reset to get on with doing liveries. My mindset is stuck on the classics and I just can't get a modern livery done at all.
Tried a livery on the RS5 yesterday, but ended up with just 3 stripes and no logos, after 3 hours of editing. Haven't attempted to get on with it yet....
I took a few weeks off from the game, came back more interested in making liveries again. I feel you.

I felt like that for months.
The Honda F1 allowed me to just throw some retro/modern stuff at it and get back into liveries.
Playing around with replicas on the RS5 DTM then got me to the point I could do the
two Red Bull liveries, which I was happy with.
Hopefully allows me to build up to the latest LEC.

Last edited:
They can do that with locked liveries as well?
But again, I don't mind people locking their liveries of course, each their own.

They can do that with locked liveries as well?
But again, I don't mind people locking their liveries of course, each their own.
Well yeah. That was my point.
People can rob your stuff in one form or another when you are uploading liveries so we're better off not putting any energy into worrying about it. Calling people out on social media for using your livery and pretending it's theirs, different story.

I have been wanting to do one of the Iron Force 911’s for a bit, but never really had the livery figured out. I was looking at it yesterday again and it dawned on me what the graphics actually were, I’m a bit thick sometimes. Once I knew it was just the logo used at different sizes it was so easy.
A52AFD4D-57D3-4F6C-B8EB-A94E459C868A.jpeg
0EB50E6F-2F03-4FA5-9610-28F59EB69313.jpeg
C586BA7A-1AA8-4534-A43C-16387902CC23.jpeg

I created this design to use it as a base for my future full replicas and to help ppl who wanted to create replicas or realistic fictional designs on the audi RS5.
6 out of the 8 Audis that entered the 2019 DTM used the same base design, this livery has everything that was present on every of those 6 cars, you just have to change the colors to create your own livery, hope you like it.

Also if you want your custom DTM car do not hesitate to contact me, you just need to tell me: a number, a main sponsor, and if you want also your name

20830220951873442.jpg
20829272432983648.jpg
20829519280171284.jpg
20829742720872361.jpg

I created this design to use it as a base for my future full replicas and to help ppl who wanted to create replicas or realistic fictional designs on the audi RS5.
6 out of the 8 Audis that entered the 2019 DTM used the same base design, this livery has everything that was present on every of those 6 cars, you just have to change the colors to create your own livery, hope you like it.

Also if you want your custom DTM car do not hesitate to contact me, you just need to tell me: a number, a main sponsor, and if you want also your name

View attachment 1246288View attachment 1246289View attachment 1246290View attachment 1246291
Its very thoughtful of you but if I use your base Livery I can't share my own final livery.
And from experience I know I am not going to use a livery I can't share more than maybe once.
So in spite of how helpful this would be I have to make my own from scratch

Back