Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

Speaking of challenges, how about recreating this in GT7? :mischievous:

2015-aston-martin-vantage-gte-art-car-by-tobias-rahberger_100513687_h.jpg

2015 AMR Vantage GTE Art Car (Le Mans)

I can't imagine myself putting endless rectangles after rectangle. Creating your own decal-pattern is surely needed for this one. I don't have a fancy editing software, so I am automatically impressed if someone can actually create this. :bowdown:
I made that one in gts, haven't bought the car yet in gt7, bit it should only be a matter of importing

Recently I've been testing many Gr.3 cars. After the M6, it was time to test the SLS. This car is so fast :lol:

Without many ideas, first thing I tried was a basic Mercedes F1 livery:

3Dif5SR.png
FtixTzT.png

SP9Klj7.png
1XvPL46.png

While I think any Mercedes does looks good in silver, I wasn't quite happy with the black + silver. I think it's a little too much. Petronas always reminds me about both Lexus and Mercedes cars in SuperGT, so maybe going white + cyan could be a better option?
Mercedes-Benz_SLS_AMG-GT3_2011_Super_Taikyu_Suzuka_300km.jpg
petronas-toms-sc430.jpg

And that's exactly what I did!
JdsQbey.png

VoKy2je.png

8w1lUZt.png

Some minor changes here and there. Still thinking about the sponsors above the Petronas logo though. This combination of white + cyan is really good to my eyes! Maybe I can still tweak it a bit for a full black + cyan second car.
I'm also really happy about the helmet and suit. Well, it's not a super design, but I think it's pretty good!

This and the RCZ designs are so far my favorites.

Recently I've been testing many Gr.3 cars. After the M6, it was time to test the SLS. This car is so fast :lol:

Without many ideas, first thing I tried was a basic Mercedes F1 livery:

3Dif5SR.png
FtixTzT.png

SP9Klj7.png
1XvPL46.png

While I think any Mercedes does looks good in silver, I wasn't quite happy with the black + silver. I think it's a little too much. Petronas always reminds me about both Lexus and Mercedes cars in SuperGT, so maybe going white + cyan could be a better option?
Mercedes-Benz_SLS_AMG-GT3_2011_Super_Taikyu_Suzuka_300km.jpg
petronas-toms-sc430.jpg

And that's exactly what I did!
JdsQbey.png

VoKy2je.png

8w1lUZt.png

Some minor changes here and there. Still thinking about the sponsors above the Petronas logo though. This combination of white + cyan is really good to my eyes! Maybe I can still tweak it a bit for a full black + cyan second car.
I'm also really happy about the helmet and suit. Well, it's not a super design, but I think it's pretty good!

This and the RCZ designs are so far my favorites.
Clean and effective! I like it!!

@olympiquemarc either of those perfectly fit into this month's Livery Editor Competition ;)

I was working on a livery, when i saved it, it didn't render for a lot of time, after 30 mins it was still at 0%, so i closed the game and i re opened it and now i can't see the car anymore in the garage or in gt auto and i can't modify the livery too.
How can i solve this?

Last edited:
I was working on a livery, when i saved it, it didn't render for a lot of time, after 30 mins it was still at 0%, so i closed the game and i re opened it and now i can't see the car anymore in the garage or in gt auto and i can't modify the livery too.
How can i solve this?
You might have to delete your game save data off your PS. You won't lose any game progress.

8215212237683458052_0.jpg

Does anyone know if the Michelin tyre sticker glitch still works in GT7? The livery switch glitch still does, but I haven't had the chance to test the old tyre sticker glitch....

Does anyone know if the Michelin tyre sticker glitch still works in GT7? The livery switch glitch still does, but I haven't had the chance to test the old tyre sticker glitch....
Care to elaborate both of them? :scared:

Care to elaborate both of them? :scared:
The Michelin tyre glitch is from Nations or Manufacturers races, you can exit the race/time-trial and go to car settings, then exit the event. Your tyres should retain the Michelin stickers. But changing liveries or going into the editor erases them again...

The livery switch glitch is where you take a scapes pic, go back and change your car livery, then go to scapes through the gallery (existing pic, go to scapes) and add a car, select the same car in different livery, take scapes pic again. Allows you to take pics of the same car three times in one pic. Like this:

7214785364077085716_0.jpg

Ah, is that how people do the 10 car pics?
The Michelin tyre glitch is from Nations or Manufacturers races, you can exit the race/time-trial and go to car settings, then exit the event. Your tyres should retain the Michelin stickers. But changing liveries or going into the editor erases them again...

The livery switch glitch is where you take a scapes pic, go back and change your car livery, then go to scapes through the gallery (existing pic, go to scapes) and add a car, select the same car in different livery, take scapes pic again. Allows you to take pics of the same car three times in one pic. Like this:

View attachment 1151119

Another double-dose of liveries, this time two EK Civics.

First up, my Spoon Sports Civic Touring Car. Thanks to @McDotter for helping out with the "Spoon" decal to get my ideas into "reality"!

20829457389019235.jpg

20829679087244413.jpg

Followed up by a street-style Civic Type R (EK) in a Mugen monochrome fade livery. I wanted something to bring my otherwise boring K20C1-swapped '98 Civic to life, and this livery does well to do that! It's inspired by a concept by Livery Magic for a splash/fade on a CRZ, but I switched the base to a more fragmented style which suits the body shape better in my eyes.

20829988515835825.jpg

20830172953671770.jpg

More pics and download link for the Spoon livery here.

More pics and download link for the Mugen livery here.

And a Cusco-sponsored Sileighty I started playing around with last night will be coming soon, still work in progress...

20969945903148636.jpg

View attachment 1151103

Why can't we put tire stickers on ANY car? If you can change brands on the existing cars with tire stickers, then there seems to be zero reason for not allowing that on any car. It's little things like this that don't make any sense to me. EVERY car in the game should be able to get tire stickers.

Last edited:
@olympiquemarc either of those perfectly fit into this month's Livery Editor Competition ;)

Yes, you're right. it fits the topic really well. The competition was not previously known to me. I think the effort is a bit too much due to the strict specifications, but by myself i have found many good livery in the hall of fame. That's why I made the effort. Maybe someone also so happy about my liverys.

I think the effort is a bit too much due to the strict specifications
What strict specifications exactly? Usually setting up the photo you do once and then just open it again and replace the car for future entries. I've also posted some very easy instructions how to get the pictures posted correctly; which also becomes simple muscle memory after the 2nd or 3rd time :)

So I bought the 356 coupe last night, but I'm struggling with inspiration on how to get it dressed up - any ideas for a livery on the 356 coupe??

Back