Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

60EB291E-5D83-42DE-B09A-C7127FA4BBB8.jpeg

It’s Bathurst 12 Hour time! This year marks the 10th anniversary of Mercedes-AMG’s first victory at the race in 2013. So, what better time to fix up my replica of that first race-winning car, Erebus Motorsport’s SLS AMG GT3.

full

full

full

Wow, I guess kangaroos are real.

Last edited:
Just a question: How do you get your decals centered on, let's say, a hood? I've been trying to do a hood stripe up the center of a Genesis Group 3, and it's a hell of a time trying to keep everything centered and symmetric between the hood vents.

Just a question: How do you get your decals centered on, let's say, a hood? I've been trying to do a hood stripe up the center of a Genesis Group 3, and it's a hell of a time trying to keep everything centered and symmetric between the hood vents.
I often use "duplicate symmetric" to check. Delete the duplicate and reposition until the mirror doesn't show (as in the mirror is the same as the original).

It may also help to change the decals projection method to camera as surface projection sometimes warps straight lines.

I'll try that next. I had decent results when I first placed a grid pattern on the hood then started to add my stripes. Ended up not making it to the final design, but I'd like to think I proved the concept.

Things you wish you didn't start, episode 3.

FojeAEvXEAE9EsO

.. the tracks are all to the same scale and are all orientated as per the compass to a few degrees. The worst part is, all I'm doing on the first pass is checking to see if the scale factor is correct, that will enable me to fill the car once all the circuits are done. It's currently scaled to 25% with 116 circuits done, which is about on target. If it turns out 25% is too big or too small, I'll have to start again. Drawing each circuit from google maps, will upload them all, and might also do vinyl cut outs for the real world since I've got a plotter doing nuffin' in my office.

52680165703_976d4fb73e_h.jpg

52680105510_bfbc42fbf9_h.jpg

This Puma M6 GT3 livery is the first car I've done using a carbon fiber base.

Much of the time spent making it was trying to create a design around areas of bare carbon fiber and finally settled on loosely based BMW M scheme.
Love this! Really cool!!

Back