Gran Turismo 7 Now Up To 34% Off in PlayStation Summer Sale

• Thread starter Famine
  • 46 comments
It's definitely getting much closer to a price that I might be willing to pay for a GT game now, but I will wait just a little longer I think.

https://www.gamingdeals.com/games/gran-turismo-7/
As someone who’s played GT7 every week since launch. In fact most days. The title has more than paid for itself multiple times over. In fact it’s justified me buying a PS5 (again) just to play it.

I can’t imagine any automotive enthusiast not getting full value for money. I know I’ll still be playing until GT8 hits the market.

As someone who’s played GT7 every week since launch. In fact most days. The title has more than paid for itself multiple times over. In fact it’s justified me buying a PS5 (again) just to play it.

I can’t imagine any automotive enthusiast not getting full value for money. I know I’ll still be playing until GT8 hits the market.
The first two months I played it every day. Money well spent compared to fun for me

NOT worth it until we get an offline mode. When the servers go out you've got 5% of the game you can actually play.
By all means! It is terrible you can only play 99% of the time 🤣

GT7 with all it's issues (and during the world series stream) is worth like $9.99 USD. Which is like a fiver in UK.
So glad you are not buying it. Too bad you are whining about it on this forum 🤪

I would be stunned if they shut down the GT7 servers without an EoL patch that allows offline saving. There's absolutely no reason for it, especially when Kaz has said himself he appreciates and sees the value in going back to the older games.

As has been said a million times before, watch GT Sport to see what precedent is set. If Sport gets that EoL patch, there is no doubt GT7 will too.

For the hours of entertainment it's given me, it's most definitely been worth it.

Sure, we'd all like to see improvements in whatever areas matter to us personally, but it's still fun to play.

I can play with my wheel or controller. I think one of the things that isn't talked about enough is the fact that this game is fantastic using controller and that's important for those who don't have a wheel. It gives a good sense of immersion with controller.

When I want highly realistic racing and raw feedback, I play ACC (or PC2) with my wheel.

I play GT7 with both. Yes, it's a less intense experience but still fun.

And, I haven't spent a penny on micro transactions. I'm not a car collector or a trophy compiler so I'm happy with what I have.

So glad you are not buying it. Too bad you are whining about it on this forum 🤪
I actually have bought it on release. Steel cover and all. I was willing to put up with the issues as games in general these days comes out as unfinished products. But if the majority of the infrastructure, especially online lobbies, was supposed to be a copy and paste from GT Sport, the normal person would expect more quality then what we have been seeing.

My main problem are online instabilities, particularly in my example when you lead top split in a race (Gazoo Cup Supra @ Suzuka), just for the game to freeze on you, de-railing all that hard work put into GT Sport to be (if everyone showed) 2nd split, maybe bottom top split. And then the lobbies that cars you're trying to pass and jittering side to side, even with Ethernet connection. Combine that with games that are on or ahead of Gran Turismos block (ACC, iRacing, RaceRoom, Rennsport[when it comes out]) there's going to be whining and eventually loss of interest.

Monday night was the first time I jumped on a daily or ranked race in months and still jittering and weird lobby issues that wasn't as common on GTS. So for now until the quality improves, which I'm hopeful for in fall supposedly, I'll only turn on Gran Turismo if I feel like grinding for money or any club races I'm involved in that haven't migrated over to other platforms.

Welcome newbies and if you got it cheap! Absolutely love this title with my ps5/LGc1/Fanatec gtdd/ daily’s this week are just amazing and actually use the online racing to help me crack the circuit experience too! Use YouTube for help, enjoy your racing, be fast, be clean!

It's a great deal and if I didn't have GT7 already or most of the racing games listed in the article I would probably buy them all

For the hours of entertainment it's given me, it's most definitely been worth it.

Sure, we'd all like to see improvements in whatever areas matter to us personally, but it's still fun to play.

I can play with my wheel or controller. I think one of the things that isn't talked about enough is the fact that this game is fantastic using controller and that's important for those who don't have a wheel. It gives a good sense of immersion with controller.

When I want highly realistic racing and raw feedback, I play ACC (or PC2) with my wheel.

I play GT7 with both. Yes, it's a less intense experience but still fun.

And, I haven't spent a penny on micro transactions. I'm not a car collector or a trophy compiler so I'm happy with what I have.
This!;)

I don’t know that I’m an automotive enthusiast as much as a race enthusiast. I was day one purchase even though I said I wouldn’t. But I absolutely hated GT7. I’m not going to say it’s a quality issue but more a direction of the game. For something so personal and individual as being an “enthusiast” at anything I found it more than peculiar that Katz & Co have decided there’s only one way to enjoy the game. I point blank hate the grind and always have And it’s just gotten harder for me personally to enjoy each game. Which is why one feature aside I loved GT Sport and it’s focus on racing. Quite simply I find GT7 tedious and too much time spent in menus. The fact that everything is locked (most importantly tracks) behind that menu system just killed GT7 for me. I hated and still hate the online requirement for GT Sport. It’s stupid and unneeded and Kaz’s justification of it doesn’t hold water. GT loyalist don’t like to say it but honestly all the GT games are pretty much a rehash of each other (not that that is a bad thing). So you’ve now got this online requirement thing, you track my progress why do I have to run through the same stuff again? I’d been a bit more ok with GT7 if it had picked up my progress from GT Sport. But after 6hrs of grind driving cars and tracks I have no interest in at all driving I put GT7 away and went back to GT5 and GT Sport for my GT fix. To say the game isn’t worth these heavily discounted prices is being overly dramatic IMHO especially given it’s a very high quality product. Even at the original price it was worth the moHey. the problem is that if don’t share Kaz’s vision it’s a bit hard to enjoy, especially when you have other racers/car games that allow you to jump in enjoy them without having to go through an insane grind just to get to the parts you want.

I don’t know that I’m an automotive enthusiast as much as a race enthusiast. I was day one purchase even though I said I wouldn’t. But I absolutely hated GT7. I’m not going to say it’s a quality issue but more a direction of the game. For something so personal and individual as being an “enthusiast” at anything I found it more than peculiar that Katz & Co have decided there’s only one way to enjoy the game. I point blank hate the grind and always have And it’s just gotten harder for me personally to enjoy each game. Which is why one feature aside I loved GT Sport and it’s focus on racing. Quite simply I find GT7 tedious and too much time spent in menus. The fact that everything is locked (most importantly tracks) behind that menu system just killed GT7 for me. I hated and still hate the online requirement for GT Sport. It’s stupid and unneeded and Kaz’s justification of it doesn’t hold water. GT loyalist don’t like to say it but honestly all the GT games are pretty much a rehash of each other (not that that is a bad thing). So you’ve now got this online requirement thing, you track my progress why do I have to run through the same stuff again? I’d been a bit more ok with GT7 if it had picked up my progress from GT Sport. But after 6hrs of grind driving cars and tracks I have no interest in at all driving I put GT7 away and went back to GT5 and GT Sport for my GT fix. To say the game isn’t worth these heavily discounted prices is being overly dramatic IMHO especially given it’s a very high quality product. Even at the original price it was worth the moHey. the problem is that if don’t share Kaz’s vision it’s a bit hard to enjoy, especially when you have other racers/car games that allow you to jump in enjoy them without having to go through an insane grind just to get to the parts you want.
I haven’t done any grinding or followed any prescribed path. I’ve spent periods Time Trialling and challenging friends times in Licenses, Circuit Experience etc. Other times I’ve been building & tuning cars. Not necessarily to race, but because I enjoy the build process. More recently I’ve been doing some of the more challenging events.

I’m not interested in online racing. But to partake in that there’s no need to unlock tracks or cars. They’re leased for that event (official events that is).

I might try that hot wheels game for $15.
Hot Wheels is a good game, but I feel it's a little overrated. You could argue it has the same dilemma GT7 has (beautiful graphics, lack of content and poor a.i.) but it's a game aimed at kids so I'll give it a pass. Definitely worth 15 bucks.

Last edited:
Hot Wheels is a good game, but I feel is a little overrated. You could argue it has the same dilemma GT7 has (beautiful graphics, lack of content and poor a.i.) but it's a game aimed at kids so I'll give it a pass. Definitely worth 15 bucks.
Strange comparison but hey ho 😜

Back