Gran Turismo 7 Now Up To 34% Off in PlayStation Summer Sale

• Thread starter Famine
  • 46 comments
If you have $15 to spare and want something to supplement GT7. I can very highly recommend Art of Rally. Donā€™t be fooled by the art style and perspective (which are great in themselves). It has many sim handling characteristics and was obviously put together by someone deeply ingrained in the culture of rallying.

If you have $15 to spare and want something to supplement GT7. I can very highly recommend Art of Rally. Donā€™t be fooled by the art style and perspective (which are great in themselves). It has many sim handling characteristics and was obviously put together by someone deeply ingrained in the culture of rallying.
Did that see a physical release?

You want offline mode, yet you are able to make that message.

Oh the irony.
GT Planet's servers aren't Gran Turismo 7's servers. People post here while unable to play GT7 all the time. Every update, in fact. Remember that 30+ hour outage? There were so many posts here, yet no way to play the majority of GT7!

I'm not sure this game is worth 40ā‚¬. I want to buy it but I keep reading on GTP or Reddit: less events than GTSport, bad UX/UI, bugged lobbies...
not if you primarily play in lobbies, but I'm having a good time in single player... and I bought it day 1, played it most days and have loads of others games I want to play queuing up...

I took this news as my green light to finally buy GT7. It's everything I had hoped for! I love it. Very much back to the old GT style. Lovely new touches like the sound of a cooling exhaust after a race.
Glorious graphics.
Ah and at last, welcome back Trial Mountain!

If you're an old skool GT fan this is the one you've been waiting for. Buy it now šŸ‘

I took this news as my green light to finally buy GT7. It's everything I had hoped for! I love it. Very much back to the old GT style. Lovely new touches like the sound of a cooling exhaust after a race.
Glorious graphics.

If you're an old skool GT fan this is the one you've been waiting for. Buy it now šŸ‘
Returning tracks are nice, and the graphics and sound truly are great, but I really don't think this game appeals to "old skool" GT fans at all. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy it if you are one, but the focus is clearly different. If you're looking for a game that has progression similar to any of the past numbered GT games, you're going to be very disappointed. GT7 offers only a linear campaign through the cafƩ, and a very limited selection of races and championships. There are only 10 championships, and many of the early ones are only two races on the same track, with the second race simply being the same as the first but using the reverse layout of the track, sometimes with different weather. Prize cars also do not make a return. There are less total races than Gran Turismo 2. Many of the races are also not creative at all, and all but 4 pay very little for your time. While there are some that stand out, they're mostly based on country, drivetrain, and/or PI. This is especially true for the championships. Races are also grouped by track on a world map instead of being grouped together as part of a series, which makes it difficult to find them, and may be a tactic to hide how few races there actually are, as listing them by series would reveal that there are only 33 of them. Most outside of the World Touring Car series only have 3 races, as the cafƩ menus are designed around having you complete these 3 races to win a prize.

The singleplayer experience is not at all what an old fan would expect. Beyond that, it's personal preference whether they still want to give it a chance. Now would be a good time to do that.

Glorious graphics.

Amen brother

Returning tracks are nice, and the graphics and sound truly are great, but I really don't think this game appeals to "old skool" GT fans at all.
The singleplayer experience is not at all what an old fan would expect. Beyond that, it's personal preference whether they still want to give it a chance. Now would be a good time to do that.
Iā€™m an ā€œold Skoolā€ GT fan and GT7 delivers what I want from a GT title. IE a sandbox experience where I can spend days, if not weeks, on any particular activity.

Currently Iā€™m spending a lot of time Time Trialing and beating friends targets on Circuit Experience. I havenā€™t completed Cafe extras or started Missions yet. Other days Iā€™ll be in photomode, creating liveries, or building cars.

Everyone plays differently. I see some people rush through new events. Or grind away to buy certain cars. For me no GT has ever been about this. Itā€™s about driving the cars and tracks I enjoy.

Maybe itā€™s because Iā€™m burned out on traditional games and the idea of ticking off events & percentages. This goes for all genres. I want a handful of games I can play for pure enjoyment. Art of Rally is one of those. Rollerball is another indie Iā€™m looking forward too. Now I just need a boxing title and Iā€™d be done for this gen!

The game is worth it at $40usd. It's a shame game prices have gone up, but often the quality has not.
You are exactly right with GT7, if you have GT5/6 and GT Sport then combined its GT7. - there is nothing new here, overpriced, over rated and holiday boost aside declining player numbersā€¦.

Sony should talk about quality more - itā€™s a dirty word there at present

So back in March this game launched and less than 6 Months later itā€™s up at 29% of in the PlayStation store sale.

F1 22 is in there too at 25% off

Whyā€¦ have they not sold to expectations and this is to give them a kick or is it just the games market is down generally and itā€™s to kickstart sales with some top headline titles

So back in March this game launched and less than 6 Months later itā€™s up at 29% of in the PlayStation store sale.

F1 22 is in there too at 25% off

Whyā€¦ have they not sold to expectations and this is to give them a kick or is it just the games market is down generally and itā€™s to kickstart sales with some top headline titles
Most AAA titles go on PSN sale after 5-6 weeks. IE Ghostwire Tokyo came out on March 25th and went on sale May 11th.

1st Party games can take longer to go on sale. TLOU2, GoW, Spider-Man & GT7 took around 6 months.

Back