Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Officially Withdrawn From Russian Market

After mysteriously delaying the digital launch of Gran Turismo 7 to the Russian market at the last moment, Sony has now confirmed that the title — along with all other Sony services and products — is suspended from sale in the country...

ha ha simpsons GIF

Also auto related, Avtovaz/ Lada has stopped production.

Which hurts Renault who has a 68% stake in AvtoVAZ. https://www.autoblog.com/2022/03/04/renault-avtovaz-lada-russia-putin-ukraine-invasion/
That's due to supply chain issues with electronics, not because of sanctions or anything. Renault has remained pointedly silent about the whole thing. At least Hyundai-Kia actually said they aren't withdrawing, Renault seems to just be hoping people forget about their precarious position amongst it all since Renault is part-owned by the French government, who made the Lada deal with a close friend of Putin, and the Russian market is 10-12% of Renault's output.

I feel sorry for all the Russians that have suddenly lost everything, not just luxuries or comforts but even the basics. All because of an uncontrollable government they don't even want.
I've been praying for this whole rotten planet, and even began praying for all of reality, in case there are other races out there. The Russians are forced to suffer because of tyrannical leaders. The Chinese are at the mercy of tyrannical leaders. The Iranians, the Afghanis, the Pakistanis... it's not a short list. But bad actors have to be punished without resorting to cruise missiles and all that. I wish that Anonymous would make themselves useful for a change and spend their time picking on these bad governments, and leave businesses and us poor folk alone.

Calling for a peace in Ukraine is a move that ought to be done, but those who demonize every single Russians are in the wrong too, those who do that have Association fallacy and is just an unfair assessment, as there are Russians who are protesting against this war. Guess for anything gotta stop evaluating people based on their occupation, group, or association alone and actually look for what kind of individuals they're.

Good afternoon. I'm just from Russia. I never really get into discussions about inequalities and unnecessary politics. And yes, I don't bother reading the comments. But when I saw the news here about my country, I decided to read it. Thank you all for supporting us casual gamers. And as a big Gran Turismo fan, March 4th was a sad day. I do not want to offend or humiliate anyone with my comment. Know that we are gamers from Russia, just like you are game lovers). All goodness and peace.

Last edited:
It’s very sad that it has gotten this far. I have much to say but I won’t. Warmest thoughts to Ukraine and the common man in Russia. One man with too much power is madness.

I wonder if PD pulls the Russian scapes.

Good afternoon. I'm just from Russia. I never really get into discussions about inequalities and unnecessary politics. And yes, I don't bother reading the comments. But when I saw the news here about my country, I decided to read it. Thank you all for supporting us casual gamers. And as a big Gran Turismo fan, March 4th was a sad day. I do not want to offend or humiliate anyone with my comment. Know that we are gamers from Russia, just like you are game lovers). All goodness and peace.
Casual gamer or not, indifference in the general population let Nazi Germany prosper and people power got rid of the Tsar in 1917.

You may feel "a bit miffed" about your gaming but Russian bombs are destroying hospitals and schools as I type this.

Your Putin is a war criminal and your population should recognise it. If this mad man did not have nukes this would be all over by now.

I am also sure there are gamers in the Ukraine that would love to play without hiding in bomb shelters cowering from Russian missiles >:-(

And before anyone says anything, in the first Iraq war the US could put a bomb through the front door of any house. In the second Iraq war they could put it through the letterbox slit. And current day Russians can't miss a children's hospital?!

Lastly, IF the Russian general population is slightly inconvenienced by sanctions just give a thought to the millions of displaced Ukrainian refugees that have lost everything!

Casual gamer or not, indifference in the general population let Nazi Germany prosper and people power got rid of the Tsar in 1917.

You may feel "a bit miffed" about your gaming but Russian bombs are destroying hospitals and schools as I type this.

Your Putin is a war criminal and your population should recognise it. If this mad man did not have nukes this would be all over by now.

I am also sure there are gamers in the Ukraine that would love to play without hiding in bomb shelters cowering from Russian missiles >:-(

And before anyone says anything, in the first Iraq war the US could put a bomb through the front door of any house. In the second Iraq war they could put it through the letterbox slit. And current day Russians can't miss a children's hospital?!

Lastly, IF the Russian general population is slightly inconvenienced by sanctions just give a thought to the millions of displaced Ukrainian refugees that have lost everything!
There's already anti-war protests that is done by Russian citizens itself smh. Stop the association fallacy.

Usa invaded iraq and afghanistan I dont see anybody calling out Americans to be locked out or sanctioned dont forget how the USA threatened to leave the icc because their war crimes were being investigated.

American wars have also displaced and got thousands killed.

Strong countries will always invade the weak regardless if its the usa or russia.

I thought everybody was against putin but instead all I see is a witch hunt against the average russian citizen.

Lol wtf. You bring up the Iraq war, yet the U.S was responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent Iraqis. Should we have been sanctioned for the decisions of Bush?

Not everyone is a nationalist.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Officially Withdrawn From Russian Market

After mysteriously delaying the digital launch of Gran Turismo 7 to the Russian market at the last moment, Sony has now confirmed that the title — along with all other Sony services and products — is suspended from sale in the country...
Best header image in the story of GT-Planet

Usa invaded iraq and afghanistan I dont see anybody calling out Americans to be locked out or sanctioned dont forget how the USA threatened to leave the icc because their war crimes were being investigated.

American wars have also displaced and got thousands killed.

Strong countries will always invade the weak regardless if its the usa or russia.

I thought everybody was against putin but instead all I see is a witch hunt against the average russian citizen.
I guess this thread should have been in the political forum, but needless to say, sanctions are there to stop the money supply to everything that gives Putin power and in the long run, cripple the military. Food and medicine are as always 100% exempt from any kind of sanctions. The average russian citizen only has Putin to thank.

The unfair generalization of blaming all Russians because of Putin.
“Putin is bad.”
“Putin is a Russian.”
“Therefore all Russians are bad.”
I never said "all Russians are bad". I did give examples of what other citizens have done in the past and I did draw a speculative comparison of the current gaming situation between Russia and Ukraine.

I also want it on the record that disadvantaging the general Russian population will hopefully put pressure on their government to abandon it's current course of action. I could go further and suggest it will be in their own best interests to get rid of their current regime and have a democratically (in reality) elected parliament that reflected their views. If not, and their views are in line with Putin then they deserve what they get.

I also did read your Wiki link. Where the explanation falls down is one Venn diagram circle didn't elect the other one ;-)

People arguing about politics, time for me to leave the chat…. 👍🏾
Here is an example why tyranny can survive. Apathy. "If I don't look at the problem then problem doesn't exist." It is NOT politics, it is a nuclear armed country committing war crimes against another! And we are ALL indirectly involved. Just think about that the next time you fill your car up or buy a loaf of bread.

This is impacting the whole planet!

Its a horrible situation. Its like on school yard, when you watch that a colleague, get horrible beaten up, threaten him not just with punches, but also an knife and even a gun. You are a well trained, good in shape guy watching this, provide the poor beaten guy some tissues to stop him bleeding, while the bully is threaten not to interfere.
So... all other kids are watching you... should you beat the bully, help the beaten one with a baton, or are you super scared that you might get the knife in the chest or be even shoot to death?

Damn because one man prides people who are trying to do good in life and just live gets punished… just imagine being in one of their shoes right now… it’s sad man.

Latest Posts

Back