Gran Turismo 7 Officially Withdrawn From Russian Market

• Thread starter Famine
  • 90 comments
I presume they've pulled it from Saudi Arabia too? Who are bombing Yemen with the help of the US. The fake moralism and grandstanding is pathetic. Be about what you proclaim to be across the board not just for what tgs media focus on.

Casual gamer or not, indifference in the general population let Nazi Germany prosper and people power got rid of the Tsar in 1917.

You may feel "a bit miffed" about your gaming but Russian bombs are destroying hospitals and schools as I type this.

Your Putin is a war criminal and your population should recognise it. If this mad man did not have nukes this would be all over by now.

I am also sure there are gamers in the Ukraine that would love to play without hiding in bomb shelters cowering from Russian missiles >:-(

And before anyone says anything, in the first Iraq war the US could put a bomb through the front door of any house. In the second Iraq war they could put it through the letterbox slit. And current day Russians can't miss a children's hospital?!

Lastly, IF the Russian general population is slightly inconvenienced by sanctions just give a thought to the millions of displaced Ukrainian refugees that have lost everything!

"Its ok when we do it, it's ok when we let our governments bomb children". The general population didbt just let Nazis prosper, they were conditioned by the media. Much like the media today are conditioning people to sympathise and love Ukraine I order to support their war they want. The media have not only conditioned people to think it's ok to view the unvaxxed like vermin, but they're also now encouraging discrimination against Russians and anything related to Russia, like Russian cats, or meerkats in adverts. If you go away after reading this post and only feel emotion towards Ukraine and not Yemen congratulations; the media gave you your latest "thing " to care about.

I feel sorry for all the Russians that have suddenly lost everything, not just luxuries or comforts but even the basics. All because of an uncontrollable government they don't even want.
Yep. No Facebook, no Twitter, no tiktok, no McDonald's, no coke and Pepsi.

Hey hey wait a minute, That's not a punishment!

Sorry that i didn't clear but i said about war in former USSR teritories... Of course there was Yugoslav wars and before that there was the betrayal and the occupation of Cyprus from Turks in 1974 something that Europe and U.S. "forget"...
Chechnya and Georgia say hi.

1646924074118.png

It is funny to read how world got separated in this and that, and I understand why it could not be that simple to co-op. The real fail in soviet diplomacy was not invading, but simply not capable to convince EU and NATO of their reasons to do so.
In any group of minded people no one would support one who taking actions affecting all group in their personal favour. And let's not forget that russia is the one country, not a whole world, at least yet.

As usual, the apples are really oranges crowd has shown up. Hardliners tend to ignore little things like Islamofascism, and greenies also ignore the fact that two countries, China and India, basically one-third of the planet's population in two countries, have an overall industrial level basically in the west's 1970s. Neither country have any intention of following the Paris Climate Accords, and for a while, China was building a new coal power plant a week, and routinely has hazardous levels of air pollution. India's Ganges River is basically an open sewer. But no one mentions that, because my car is killing the planet. This is how badly some people handle facts over truth.

Obama drew a pink line in the sand no one took seriously, not even himself, and as a result Syria slaughtered people. Neville Chamberlain brandished a signed peace treaty with Hitler too. So peace at all cost is just as deadly as war.

In this case, we have a war which is ONLY the result of a former KGB official wanting to control the countries of the former Soviet empire through brute force and invasion. Why don't we lovely humans try to at least stick to being offended by a clear assault on humanity right now?

Last edited:
58% Russians support the invasion/war against Ukraine.
52% of Russians voted for Putin, and I don't just mean 52% of the people that voted, I mean 52% of Russians that are eligible to vote. The likes of Biden and Bojo the clown don't get anything like that kind of clear mandate (Biden 34%, Bojo 29%... the Iraq invasion took place with comparative mandate of 24% for both Bush (US), and Blair (UK)).

I don't believe Russia's elections are 'fair', but those are the numbers.

As usual, the apples are really oranges crowd has shown up. Hardliners tend to ignore little things like Islamofascism, and greenies also ignore the fact that two countries, China and India, basically one-third of the planet's population in two countries, have an overall industrial level basically in the west's 1970s. Neither country have any intention of following the Paris Climate Accords, and for a while, China was building a new coal power plant a week, and routinely has hazardous levels of air pollution. India's Ganges River is basically an open sewer. But no one mentions that, because my car is killing the planet. This is how badly some people handle facts over truth.

Obama drew a pink line in the sand no one took seriously, not even himself, and as a result Syria slaughtered people. Neville Chamberlain brandished a signed peace treaty with Hitler too. So peace at all cost is just as deadly as war.

In this case, we have a war which is ONLY the result of a former KGB official wanting to control the countries of the former Soviet empire through brute force and invasion. Why don't we lovely humans try to at least stick to being offended by a clear assault on humanity right now?
There's a lot of assumptions thrown around here.

I presume they've pulled it from Saudi Arabia too? Who are bombing Yemen with the help of the US. The fake moralism and grandstanding is pathetic. Be about what you proclaim to be across the board not just for what tgs media focus on.

"Its ok when we do it, it's ok when we let our governments bomb children". The general population didbt just let Nazis prosper, they were conditioned by the media. Much like the media today are conditioning people to sympathise and love Ukraine I order to support their war they want. The media have not only conditioned people to think it's ok to view the unvaxxed like vermin, but they're also now encouraging discrimination against Russians and anything related to Russia, like Russian cats, or meerkats in adverts. If you go away after reading this post and only feel emotion towards Ukraine and not Yemen congratulations; the media gave you your latest "thing " to care about.

Yep. No Facebook, no Twitter, no tiktok, no McDonald's, no coke and Pepsi.

Hey hey wait a minute, That's not a punishment!
And to add to that:

I don't want to bring this up but Russia is probably going to become the next North Korea. They're pretty much going to ban everything we take granted for from outside of Russia including video games, brainwash all russian children and force them to go school to mold them into communists, ban all forms of homeschooling, and turn the country into a totalitarian dictatorship, makle military service complusary, make all russians worship Putin as a god (They're probably going to put pictures of Putin eveywhere), and take away all freedoms they have now.

It's sad what this world came to.

Last edited:
In fact, the situation is a little more complicated than many people think. Russia, like America, is an aggressor, albeit to a lesser extent, both of these countries, under various pretexts, invaded and bombed foreign states and civilians, the only difference is that these crimes did not affect the lives of Americans in any way, unlike Russians. Unfortunately, the Russians are now a people who are suppressed and oppressed by their leadership, who are afraid to defend their rights, and no sanctions will change this ...

P.S There are no bad peoples and nationalities, there are bad leaders.

None of this makes any sense to me.

Putin punishes the helpless civilians of Ukraine, so in retaliation the rest of the world punishes the uninvolved civilians of Russia?

Perfectly logical, right?

Last edited:
Usa invaded iraq and afghanistan I dont see anybody calling out Americans to be locked out or sanctioned dont forget how the USA threatened to leave the icc because their war crimes were being investigated.

American wars have also displaced and got thousands killed.

Strong countries will always invade the weak regardless if its the usa or russia.

I thought everybody was against putin but instead all I see is a witch hunt against the average russian citizen.

When the uk invaded Iraq there were over 1.5million protesters marching through London.

Imagine 1.5m Russians protested or did anything about their government?

It would be over for Putin quickly but barely a couple of thousand protest anything. Which enables the center to continue this activity.

Last edited:

Putin punishes the helpless civilians of Ukraine, so in retaliation the rest of the world punishes the uninvolved civilians of Russia?

I have edited your original statement to read correctly and hopefully make sense.

"Putin orders the slaughter of the helpless civilians of Ukraine, so in retaliation the rest of the world punishes the uninvolved civilians of Russia?

BTW have you seen the latest news where a Ukraine maternity hospital has just been bombed and women and children were killed?

So not allowing a handful of Russians to buy GT7 is somehow really punishing them? Hopefully sanctions will draw the attention of the "uninvolved" (read apathetic) civilians to the fact that their leaders are now war criminals. As called out by the members of the EU today.

It is. The idea is to force Russia to surrender & return home by attacking their economy. The citizens may be uninvolved, but they have no one to blame but their own leader for dragging their country into an unnecessary war through lies. If Putin refuses to surrender, the hope is that sanctions force the oligarchs or the Russian people to convince him to end it.

It's a very harsh punishment placed upon Russian citizens, but so far, it beats the alternative of putting more boots on the ground, adding to the death toll, & increasing tension amongst superpowers tenfold.

Good afternoon. I'm just from Russia. I never really get into discussions about inequalities and unnecessary politics. And yes, I don't bother reading the comments. But when I saw the news here about my country, I decided to read it. Thank you all for supporting us casual gamers. And as a big Gran Turismo fan, March 4th was a sad day. I do not want to offend or humiliate anyone with my comment. Know that we are gamers from Russia, just like you are game lovers). All goodness and peace.
Pretty much, I'm feeling uncomfortable talking about politics in public, as it almost guarantees mental-draining, toxic argument.
As for Ukraine, I hope the conflict will be resolved swiftly and peacefully because it's not only has a bad effect on the parties involved and their civilians but also on the world economy as a whole, which has slowly recovered post-pandemic.

Last edited:
I’m curious.

Why am I seeing Russian flags in GT7 lobbies if the game and services have been pulled? Not sure Sony should be making statements they can’t back up.

Last edited:
Well I would hope as a species we could come to a point where we are able to say: this is it. This is how the world is divided. Enjoy, make something beautifull of it. Make it better. And whatever you do, don’t take something that is isn’t yours, or isn’t given to you. Maybe I am naive, but isn’t that what war teaches us every time?

Well I would hope as a species we could come to a point where we are able to say: this is it. This is how the world is divided. Enjoy, make something beautifull of it. Make it better. And whatever you do, don’t take something that is isn’t yours, or isn’t given to you. Maybe I am naive, but isn’t that what war teaches us every time?
Indeed. As Spanish philosopher George Santayana once said: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Punishing normal citizens just for where they were born is wrong. The actions of politicians should not reflect on the people, short of the people explicitly supporting said actions. I am American. The American led coalition in Iraq killed hundreds of thousands (if not a million plus) innocent people in the Iraqi war, a war which was started on false pretenses. To take a stance of moral superiority now when it comes to Russia invading their neighbor (who they are traditionally combined with as one nation) is the height of hypocrisy.

In 1984, Eurasia, Eastasia and Oceania are at constant war at each other, instilling fear and submissive attitudes from the general public, whilst supporting the government and justifying their actions.

The dystopia enveloping the entirety of the western world continues to expand.

I feel sorry for all the Russians that have suddenly lost everything, not just luxuries or comforts but even the basics. All because of an uncontrollable government they don't even want.

if they didn't want this government, they would do something to stop it. As the Ukrainians did in 2014. Therefore, I see no reason to sympathize with them, they themselves are to blame.

Back