Gran Turismo 7 Release Window Changed in Sony's Edited PS5 Video

To keep it short and sweet; PD needs to employ more people and Sony needs to support them (finically more)

I mean Sony will sell huge numbers of PS5 regardless and GT will sell big numbers, but these waits and delays takes the excitement and wow factor away not being launch games.

Last generation I bought PS4 but it took PD so long to make GTSport, Sony had made a new version of the PS4... I don’t make that mistake again... holding off buying PS5 patiently awaiting GT7.... and GTA6

To keep it short and sweet; PD needs to employ more people and Sony needs to support them (finically more)

I mean Sony will sell huge numbers of PS5 regardless and GT will sell big numbers, but these waits and delays takes the excitement and wow factor away not being launch games.

Last generation I bought PS4 but it took PD so long to make GTSport, Sony had made a new version of the PS4... I don’t make that mistake again... holding off buying PS5 patiently awaiting GT7.... and GTA6

I doubt to see GT7 before Summer or Late 2021 so for now I enjoy GT Sport on my PS4 as well as GTA V. Then I buy PS5 next year when GT7 release I will pick it with the console. Patience for now.

As to PD they are enlarging their studio thanks to outsourcing in India so they get new employeers and get bigger, which is a benefit for us

I doubt to see GT7 before Summer or Late 2021 so for now I enjoy GT Sport on my PS4 as well as GTA V. Then I buy PS5 next year when GT7 release I will pick it with the console. Patience for now.

As to PD they are enlarging their studio thanks to outsourcing in India so they get new employeers and get bigger, which is a benefit for us

Same. There is still plenty of play in PS4 and GT sport for me. Some games I still want to plat so I’m good for now. No game is even making me want to buy PS5... thus my point... if GT7 was a launch game I would want to buy it more which would be win win for SONY and PD... so yeah I hold back... wait till the inevitability release and upgraded version of the PS5.

TBH, I think PD gets a good amount of support from Sony. That's the only reason GT is on another level in terms of car model detail, lighting etc. The things that GT does 25-30% better than other games take them 100% longer too. I see more bean counter oriented decision making in the future as PS4 was the second time PD sales dropped significantly from the previous generation.

I don't think rushing racing games at console launch will work with the modest gains in console power across generations. It was possible in the PS2 PS3 era because newer consoles were so much more powerful than the previous one that less than optimal/rushed design, code on the newer console looked a generation ahead of highly optimized games of the previous generations.

IMO, there are 2 factors that will decide when GT7 comes out. Number one is when XBX/PS5 supply capacity starts to exceed demand and number 2 is how well XBX performs then. Lets say there is a surplus of consoles in the market in February, and PS5 starts out selling XBX 2:1, we probably won't see GT7 until 2022. Tilt that Sales performance in favor of XBX 2:1 and we might see GT7 in Oct next year. Being an exclusive, it would be in Sony's interest to keep GT7 for a launch window that would benefit them the most.

TBH, I think PD gets a good amount of support from Sony. That's the only reason GT is on another level in terms of car model detail, lighting etc. The things that GT does 25-30% better than other games take them 100% longer too. I see more bean counter oriented decision making in the future as PS4 was the second time PD sales dropped significantly from the previous generation.

I don't think rushing racing games at console launch will work with the modest gains in console power across generations. It was possible in the PS2 PS3 era because newer consoles were so much more powerful than the previous one that less than optimal/rushed design, code on the newer console looked a generation ahead of highly optimized games of the previous generations.

IMO, there are 2 factors that will decide when GT7 comes out. Number one is when XBX/PS5 supply capacity starts to exceed demand and number 2 is how well XBX performs then. Lets say there is a surplus of consoles in the market in February, and PS5 starts out selling XBX 2:1, we probably won't see GT7 until 2022. Tilt that Sales performance in favor of XBX 2:1 and we might see GT7 in Oct next year. Being an exclusive, it would be in Sony's interest to keep GT7 for a launch window that would benefit them the most.

GT7 IMHO might come at earliest in Q3/Q4 2021 but I think Spring 2022 is also possible. If PS5 sells well they can release GT7 because it's more sales considering more people will have ps5 to play it (milions of ps5 owners gran turismo fans until then so they can really sell a lot unless for a miracle they port it on PS4 too)

One month ago I downloaded original video to my phone via mobile Youtube app ;) I was sure that Sony will update that video in next monthes. So, only one month was left and Sony showed their real face again.
Need to download more such videos.

Delaying it to October/November 2021 wouldn't be a bad idea. I mean, if they're gonna delay it, they may as well get those holiday sales. GT Sport was released in October 2017, if I recall right.

Doubt it. Horizon Forbidden West is meant to release in the later half of 2021 - I don’t think Sony would want to release such big games (i.e. console sellers) so close to each other

Winter 2021 release it is then. What could possibly be the reason for the delay then? Just hope it's something genuinely meaningful and not some random useless feature like driving on the moon.

As far as I'm concerned, the key areas of development for GT7 should be:

1. New tracks. How many to expect? I'd be happy with around 7 if they were all absolute bangers. Hell just give me the holy trinity and consider me satisfied. Surely most of the work is done on this by now? Doubtful reason for the delay.
2. New cars. GT5, GT6 and GT Sport all released with around 150 newly rendered models. PD are outsourcing modelling now so this shouldn't be a problem. Doubtful reason.
3. Dynamic weather and time of day - I could see this being a tricky area to perfect. Would PD build on the tech already utilised during the PS3 era or start from scratch? Seems like a complex thing to model accurately and meet PD's strict quality control standards. My money's on this being a potential roadblock in development.
4. New campaign. Should be the easiest thing in the world to program. Define parameters for like 200 odd custom races and we're good to go. Doubtful reason.
5. Online - Just a case or reusing the netcode from GT Sport? Online in that game was perfect, no need to tinker.
6. Tuning and BOP - I reckon this could be a possible snag for PD. Have they completely redefined the parameters of the PP system or have they just imported it wholesale from GT6? How different is tuning this time compared with previous games. GT6's tuning felt like an evolution of the entire series, will GT7 be something completely new?
7. VR - No idea. Is there a lot of work required for optimisation?
8. Non essential features - museums, YouTube implementation, Vision GT etc. Strikes me as something that takes a lot of time that's not really essential.
9. Possible - track creator - A feature heavily requested by the community but is something I can personally wait on. Not essential for launch.
10. AI - Badly needs addressing. Offline racing is an absolute snoozefest and has been for years. If they delayed the game for this then I'd fully support PD.
11. New physics - I'm satisfied with the physics in GT Sport but then I'm not a hardcore simmer of an iRacing standard. Does it need work?

At the end of the day I'd still be happy if GT7 was essential GT Sport but with more tracks, more cars, a new campaign mode and dynamic weather. Sport was an excellent foundation to build on.

What else am I missing? Folks please enlighten me. AI, dynamic conditions and tuning that's what my moneys on.

It's at this point that I should point out Kaz is a wily cookie when it comes to the reputation of the franchise and Polyphonic Digital.

No need to mention why I say this (Cough Cyberpunk 2077 :cheers:), it is far better for us all NOT to pressure or anticipate the release of the game given the unfinished state of Cyberpunk, Kaz will release it when he's ultimately happy the game is in a fit state for public consumption. :lol:

PD don't want no flack like Sport...

Last edited:
I am really begging for dynamic weather in GT7 because DRIVEClub had made it in that game and they managed to achieve alot with less resources IMO.

Plus PD better not do a "CD Project RED" and patch the crap out of GT7 on day one release whenever that may be.

Last edited:
ZEE
DRIVEClub had made it in tat game and they managed to achieve alot with less resources IMO.
And 30 FPS. Atleast it was on PS4 though so should've been not very difficult to achieve 60 FPS on PS5.

ZEE
PD better not do a "CD Project RED" and patch the crap out of GT7 on day one release whenever that may be.
While PD is quite known for shafting features and content for adding more or back later, they're not known for publishing very buggy and very un-optimized games at start.

Changing it to "In Development" just means they cant 100% guarantee it being released by 2021.

Will PD release a Demo or a GT7: Prologue game like they did with previous GT titles?

Heck even a small tech demo of GT7 with a small handful of cars on trial mountain will boost potential sales due to it building hype.

Winter 2021 release it is then. What could possibly be the reason for the delay then? Just hope it's something genuinely meaningful and not some random useless feature like driving on the moon.

As far as I'm concerned, the key areas of development for GT7 should be:

1. New tracks. How many to expect? I'd be happy with around 7 if they were all absolute bangers. Hell just give me the holy trinity and consider me satisfied. Surely most of the work is done on this by now? Doubtful reason for the delay.
2. New cars. GT5, GT6 and GT Sport all released with around 150 newly rendered models. PD are outsourcing modelling now so this shouldn't be a problem. Doubtful reason.
3. Dynamic weather and time of day - I could see this being a tricky area to perfect. Would PD build on the tech already utilised during the PS3 era or start from scratch? Seems like a complex thing to model accurately and meet PD's strict quality control standards. My money's on this being a potential roadblock in development.
4. New campaign. Should be the easiest thing in the world to program. Define parameters for like 200 odd custom races and we're good to go. Doubtful reason.
5. Online - Just a case or reusing the netcode from GT Sport? Online in that game was perfect, no need to tinker.
6. Tuning and BOP - I reckon this could be a possible snag for PD. Have they completely redefined the parameters of the PP system or have they just imported it wholesale from GT6? How different is tuning this time compared with previous games. GT6's tuning felt like an evolution of the entire series, will GT7 be something completely new?
7. VR - No idea. Is there a lot of work required for optimisation?
8. Non essential features - museums, YouTube implementation, Vision GT etc. Strikes me as something that takes a lot of time that's not really essential.
9. Possible - track creator - A feature heavily requested by the community but is something I can personally wait on. Not essential for launch.
10. AI - Badly needs addressing. Offline racing is an absolute snoozefest and has been for years. If they delayed the game for this then I'd fully support PD.
11. New physics - I'm satisfied with the physics in GT Sport but then I'm not a hardcore simmer of an iRacing standard. Does it need work?

At the end of the day I'd still be happy if GT7 was essential GT Sport but with more tracks, more cars, a new campaign mode and dynamic weather. Sport was an excellent foundation to build on.

What else am I missing? Folks please enlighten me. AI, dynamic conditions and tuning that's what my moneys on.
Arcade Mode - where Polyphony should redefine it as a “free play mode” and give us all the cars in the game to readily use exclusively in that mode (with the added option to use our garage cars from the GT Simulation mode), and hopefully even custom championships as well.

I’ve hated how in the past games, Polyphony has only left us with 50 cars for Arcade Mode in GT5, 20 for GT6 and only eight in GT Sport, and that if we progress in the GT Simulation Modes, we don’t unlock new rental cars either by acquiring or buying them.

If you want to work hard in acquiring cars in collecting them, leave that in the GT Simulation Mode. It’s time Polyphony redefined “free play” in Arcade Mode by allowing players to drive any out of all the cars in the game as a rental/courtesy car.

Again, the added bonus from the GT Simulation Mode is that you have an option to use cars from your Garage in Arcade Mode as well.

I would also love to see a custom championship mode for Arcade Mode to see the power of creating custom races to the next level. And I hope they take inspiration from Assetto Corsa where you can choose your opponents’ cars and even rename your opponents (as well as assigning their nationality).

Last edited:
Will release at Q4 2023 with enhanced features for PS5 Pro and support of PS VR 2. No release for PS4, so it's too early to release it at 2021 just for little amount of PS5 users

Last edited:
Arcade Mode - where Polyphony should redefine it as a “free play mode” and give us all the cars in the game to readily use exclusively in that mode (with the added option to use our garage cars from the GT Simulation mode), and hopefully even custom championships as well.

I’ve hated how in the past games, Polyphony has only left us with 50 cars for Arcade Mode in GT5, 20 for GT6 and only eight in GT Sport, and that if we progress in the GT Simulation Modes, we don’t unlock new rental cars either by acquiring or buying them.

I didnt mind GT1s Arcade Mode where you unlocked more tracks and cars wasn't overly hard and gave you something to really work towards.
Having a "Test Drive" feature would be good.

Sometimes a car looks great on the spec sheet, but it handles like a forklift or stops like the Olympic ocean class liner done a crash stop.

4qrika.jpg

Why does this news surprise anyone? Sony is kinda shooting themselves in the foot by not pressuring Polyphony into finishing the game because it will cost them PS5 sales short term. I cant be the only person on earth who won't be buying a PS5 until GT7 is released, maybe the price will come down by then too. This is typical of Polyphony to give a release date then extend it 3-6 times. Expect another video fall of 2021 that says GT7 release is first half of 2022 then.............

After the release of the firs GT7 vid ,a guessing and wishing " game " started which i can't say it's bad .
Why does this news surprise anyone? Sony is kinda shooting themselves in the foot by not pressuring Polyphony into finishing the game because it will cost them PS5 sales short term. I cant be the only person on earth who won't be buying a PS5 until GT7 is released, maybe the price will come down by then too. This is typical of Polyphony to give a release date then extend it 3-6 times. Expect another video fall of 2021 that says GT7 release is first half of 2022 then.............

The truth is that Sony doesn't have enough consoles to cover the market ,even the next ps5 will go for pre-orders at least where i live .
Another truth is that we don't know if the game is ready or not or do we ?
Right now the " pressure" is to produce more ps5 than focusing on any game release since nobody ( i guess) will buy a game without be able to play it and sounds logical.
By the way ,i also will buy ps5 after GT7 release and be aware of his content first.
Hopefully it want be disappointing as gts was when hit the market but that is up to the short future .

Last edited:
Back