Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,404 comments
I think the game Will come as a launch title....or maybe winter 2021.... PD tease high frame rates and even 8k + Ray tracing a year Ago in tech events..... They allready have allmost 300 cars and 27+ tracks ... Make from Scratch,.... This is not like GT 5 .... They now can add tons of content after launch.... I Hope so.......
I’d be amazed if it’s not out within first 6 months of PS5 launch. There’s a reason it was one of the first trailers shown. Plus, we all know the ease of development, from PS4 to PS5.

No one notice that the mirrors inside the copckit...WORKS!! ;)

gran-turismo-7-ps5-screenshots-4k-19.jpg
And this happens in an interior of Carrera GT.

Guys, stop giving that user attention, he's clearly spouting mostly make-believe conspiracy-level opinions, stating opinions as if they are hard facts, and basically demonstrating why him and his rage-quitting friend will never be allowed to attend or partake in the World Finals.

Am I missing something?

The physics and handling model in GT Sport is one of the titles key strengths. Of course those aspects will be refined and updated with the extra horsepower available. Same with other aspects of the game.

The fundamentals of GT Sport are excellent. The focus needs to be on refinement, content and game structure.
Some people probably just want the physics to move closer to the more hardcore sims. I'm fine with GT Sport's physics, but also understand wanting more realism. The lack of subtlety in weight transfer/grip loss mid-corner make it very hard spin the car; the most you get is understeer. From a multiplayer perspective, the slightly wider margin for error means you have to drive even closer to the limit to stay competitive than you would in more realistic sims.

The big leap from GT Sport which some people may not be considering, is 4K resolution. If you don't have a 4K TV/monitor now, it's hard to appreciate this.
When my boy comes over to play GTS he says it’s like a whole different game. GTS graphically is beautiful I have Samsung 65 4kHDR curve with PS4 pro. I have PC2 and AC... they don’t even come close to GTS visually. GT7 really doesn’t need to focus on the graphics as much... yea clean somethings up to bring out more realism, but I am extremely please how GT looks at is current state.

Same with the side mirrors on the Mono. The reflection of the Subaru in the Viper's bodywork, the trailer with the Porsche, and floor of the garage. Ray Traced reflections?!
I hope to see Digital Foundry do a breakdown of this trailer.

Its kinda pointless because it just looks like an intro thing not even in-game footage.

When my boy comes over to play GTS he says it’s like a whole different game. GTS graphically is beautiful I have Samsung 65 4kHDR curve with PS4 pro. I have PC2 and AC... they don’t even come close to GTS visually. GT7 really doesn’t need to focus on the graphics as much... yea clean somethings up to bring out more realism, but I am extremely please how GT looks at is current state.
Agree, GT7 will be improved a lot since the PS5 is a lot more powerful, but now they should focus more on quantity and additional features, not that much to seek visuals perfection, its really good enough IMO

Im wondering what the frame rate will be this could be a real game changer and bring subtlety and nuance to an already sweet game engine. There's a real good chance with this coming out early that 2 GT games will appear during the PS5 generation...

I cannot stand how they destroyed the flow of the last and first sector of Trial Mountain by tilkedroming its last chicane. :confused: :indiff:

Last edited:
Looking really good so far but the estimated release date was conspicuously absent.

Had to laugh when I saw the console itself as it looks nothing like the renderings we've seen over the last year. A bit worrying seeing a skinny box with the heat it'll inevitably have to deal with but I heard they've made some sort of custom solution to it. With that hardware, it's going to be pushed hard but they must be happy with the thermals. Happy to see the digital only version of it as well.

Most of the game shown didn't have release date and that's good thing so they don't have to delay anything when they don't have date yet and don't feel the need to rush games in time for launch mind you none of the GT game ended up as launch title this one could be no different.
Next month or the month after event should take more focus on the hardware side and also showing more games that are ready for launch.
I’d be amazed if it’s not out within first 6 months of PS5 launch. There’s a reason it was one of the first trailers shown. Plus, we all know the ease of development, from PS4 to PS5.

At their site they mentioned the trailer shown are from the pre-final version.
I wouldn't be surprised they're working on GT7 the moment they shipped GT Sport and was one of the first Sony studio to work on PS5 game with very early access to dev kit.
So they're only few months away from gone gold with the game if everything goes smoothly and if they think it's not essential to make it a launch title and decide to use a bit of time add more content or further polish and release as launch window title say few months after the consoles release instead.
But this is PD they never rush their product probably to a fault.

I don't think the next generation of consoles and computers in general will be defined by a huge leap in polygons like we've seen in the past. I think we're at a point now where models in games like Gran Turismo and Forza don't need to be much better.

Instead it's all going to be about the amount of data that can be loaded and processed at insanely fast rates and remoiving or extending the limitations that previous generations have been bound by. Level design will be opened up in a whole new way with these new processors and hisgh speed SSD's for example. Faster processing speeds, more memory, more things going on in the background.

Of course we will see graphical improvements, ra tracing, higher resolutions etc. But I don't see the visual leap being as big as it has been previousely.

Yeah I agree, I don't know what's the fussing over Livery Editor here. GT Auto is the home of car customization, and Livery Editor would make sense to be there. Actually, one of my wish before was if GT Auto returned, Livery Editor would be inserted there.....

It would be a significant step back for them to completely omit the Livery Editor in GT7. Fans have spent years requesting what has become an immensely popular feature of GT Sport. No amount of reasoning on their part could justify leaving it out, especially for a highly anticipated numbered title.

I cannot stand how they destroyed the flow of the last and first sector of Trial Mountain by tilkedroming its last chicane. :confused: :indiff:

Under more realistic physics engines, that chicane will do nothing but cause problems, whether it's people trying to cut across the grass or rolling over while being too greedy on the right-hander - yes that's going to be their fault for pushing it, but in a race situation = needless pile-ups.

I can also imagine people trying to deliberately force people towards the inside to intentionally make them roll over.

In regards to map differences = the comparison above shows that visually from the on-track POV the distance is about the same, so this possibly goes back to the scaling issues that Kaz Yamuachi referred to in previous interviews.

My guess is that they already tested this and found the same issues, that's why they've have to make the change... also I'm far more concerned about the next-gen version of Loch Ness...

I still find it strange that the PS1 got 2 full blown (numbered) GT games. So did the PS2, and the PS3... But We have had GT Sport on the PS4 only. No numbered games. It feels close to a full GT game with the amount of content included / added, and it still doesn't feel dated, but still...

And the livery editor must stay. I haven't seen anything except for here stating it was going, but it is pretty much the only feature that has actually kept me racing on GT Sport throughout its years.

The red dot above Laguna Seca is Sears Point, change my mind....

Jerome

I still find it strange that the PS1 got 2 full blown (numbered) GT games. So did the PS2, and the PS3... But We have had GT Sport on the PS4 only. No numbered games. It feels close to a full GT game with the amount of content included / added, and it still doesn't feel dated, but still...

And the livery editor must stay. I haven't seen anything except for here stating it was going, but it is pretty much the only feature that has actually kept me racing on GT Sport throughout its years.

The livery editor is mentioned in the Youtube video for the GT 7 Trailer and will be under GT Auto I believe?

One thing I was wondering do you think we will get more night/weather circuit's this time round as GT7 seems perfect opportunity to expand on this part of Sport.

Definitely hope we see more weather in GT7, it came so late in GT Sport! Don't really get why it is limited to certain circuits as well. Especially since it works with the laser scanned circuits rather than the fully original circuits...

Latest Posts

Back