Gran Turismo 7 Review: Return of the King

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 488 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jordan

Very good review !

I have a question : there are championships or endurance races ?

Thank you in advance :)
No sign of endurance races but championships are there and prominently featured. I just wish there were even more of them!

@Jordan what about the multiplayer penalty system? From what I saw it looks like the GTS one, so pretty bad, no penalties for contact etc.
I didn't have a chance to participate in any of the scheduled online race sessions they had, so I can't speak on that part yet.

Last edited:
Awesome review Jordan, thank-you for the effort you have gone to. I was going to leave it a while before purchasing but I may have to think a bit more about that. As a PS4 Pro owner Iā€™m delighted with how the game has landed, no huge compromises to put up with vs PS5.

Awesome review Jordan, thank-you for the effort you have gone to. I was going to leave it a while before purchasing but I may have to think a bit more about that. As a PS4 Pro owner Iā€™m delighted with how the game has landed, no huge compromises to put up with vs PS5.
Thank you, and yes, you'll be very happy with the PS4 Pro version. :)

I didn't have a chance to participate in any of the scheduled online race sessions they had, so I can't speak on that part yet.
So how come you could judge multiplayer for 5 stars out of 5? Oh I know, because you judge features and not the actual game. Fantastic...

In GT SPORT there was an option where you could use the controller as a steering wheel. Is it still present in GT7?

oooooooohh... I have to prepare myself to endure the longest day and weekend of the year :D

OK, tomorrow I will spend my day with my controller, just to find the perfect handling with it. Then, dinner with my TV. And finally, sleep with my PS5...
shhhhhhh GT7, I'm just here, don't be nervous, I checked my best pillows, I can sit with you for a long time.

Yes GT7, I'm ready to the date. I'm only sad you're a digital version, my bed humm...library was spacious enough to receive you.

PS: Thanks to the review :cheers:

1646223031690.png

:eek::bowdown:

So how come you could judge multiplayer for 5 stars out of 5? Oh I know, because you judge features and not the actual game. Fantastic...
That's correct, it's a score for the available features, not the experience. It's clear GT7's online components are from GT Sport.
In GT SPORT there was an option where you could use the controller as a steering wheel. Is it still present in GT7?
Yes, I believe I saw that option.
The biggest question:
Does have engine swap?
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, if the feature is there, I wasn't able to figure out how to actually do it.

Regarding the game throwing too many cars, aren't that a case in previous games too? The first events will also give prize cars. GT7's prize cars seem to be like GT2 though, some single events have it but some other single events don't.
Interesting review, thanks. So it's pretty much all good, except for the disappointing AI.
More like a case of unfinished game as Sophy isn't implemented.
Wow and I actually thought I would be buying this one... Not gonna bother with chase the rabbit, etc.

Maybe in a future update with Sophy implemented, but I doubt they will update the career with it.
There's this:
1646223816036.png

1646223837526.png

Great review. And anyway, it is still fine to use "artificial-intelligence". It is still AI no matter how dumb they are.

Current era AI that we often hear right now has machine learning scope in the back. And this is where Sophy goes.

Regarding the game throwing too many cars, aren't that a case in previous games too? The first events will also give prize cars. GT7's prize cars seem to be like GT2 though, some single events have it but some other single events don't.

More like a case of unfinished game as Sophy isn't implemented.

There's this:
View attachment 1119147
View attachment 1119148

Is this career? It doesn't change much if the AI is as slow as a turtle.

Is this career? It doesn't change much if the AI is as slow as a turtle.
Yes it's Career. It's written "Clubman Cup Plus" smh.

And no for this one. The AI in that race is also livelier.

Though for this, there'd be chilis in the event menu (for this race, there's 4).
1646224466257.png

Disappointed, yet not surprised, by the rubbish AI.
Still desperate to get my hands on it now, as long as I can win credits, buy cars, do license tests, modify cars, win more credits, buy more cars and on and on... I'm a happy bunny.

So the AI is still terrible?

Weren't they bragging about a whole new AI system? šŸ˜‚

It's a shame, the rest of it looks top marks.

Sadly, I don't think I can justify hundreds of Ā£'s on a new console just for one game, so I won't get to play this one for a while.

Actually, I don't know why I'm even here. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Last edited:
Very well-put review, @Jordan! I enjoyed reading every part of it. I might've been hit by the hype of the review and might've went too fast but... is there engine swaps and drivetrain swaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back