Gran Turismo 7 Review: Return of the King

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 488 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im finding this game in the early stages a bit irritating, driving jank cars slowly is truly tedious. Im dipping back into Project cars 3 for a couple of laps of the green hell in a Mclaren F1 GTR... I need some speed!

GT 7 is cool. Too late, but cool game. I was expecting for this the whole PS4 generation, but better later than even later. GT Sport was just a "platform" without any content. (see the GT4's track's list and compare). Sport is so empty and dull... GT 7 seems to deliver what Sport didn't in 5, 6 years: it has more variety of tracks and climate conditions. I love the wet tracks by night. The Music Rally is crazy but fun. (some kind of Bust a Move with cars running, crazy stuff), also the soundtrack is bigger and better, and this is an important part of GT series. This is a musical/encyclopedic/historical/racing game. Big game. The graphics are very crisp because the good work of Polyphony, even using the base PS4. Short loading times! The illumination is very well made. Looks beautiful and real, while Forza 5 looks like The Sims, even on the series S/X.. GT 7 is a very passionate game. Lovely the details. Didn't like the Tic Tok's logo being used as the musicals note's simbol.

Obviously most of you in here have read this review already (and watched a million others), but just wanted to say my review here is (finally) available in video form. It's a bit of a monster at 40 minutes and is available in 4K/60fps.

One extra goody that I'm particularly fond of is a simulated 36-hour time-lapse video at the Nurburgring.

Watch for it around the 29:03 mark:

Obviously most of you in here have read this review already (and watched a million others), but just wanted to say my review here is (finally) available in video form. It's a bit of a monster at 40 minutes and is available in 4K/60fps.

One extra goody that I'm particularly fond of is a simulated 36-hour time-lapse video at the Nurburgring.

The time lapse really was inspired really shows off the lighting and track conditions evolving, gonna have to unlock the green hell today, anyone know what opens it up? i'm guessing a later cafe menu?

So, haven't got any replies to my question. No endurance races at all?
Only in customize races you can make endurance race.. I don’t think there is a series.

Only in customize races you can make endurance race.. I don’t think there is a series.
Ah, such a shame. But how about total event number? 60+ like Gt5 at least? And from what I've seen so far, is it true that Cafe is the career central for us, unlike the previous GTs where we can just choose which series first (depending on our licence)?

Thank you for the reply, btw :)

Ah, such a shame. But how about total event number? 60+ like Gt5 at least? And from what I've seen so far, is it true that Cafe is the career central for us, unlike the previous GTs where we can just choose which series first (depending on our licence)?

I’m kinda new in the game but what happens is when you go to the circuit it give you option to do a couple of races such as Sunday cup… and it gives us the option to do arcade mode, trials, custom race… for each track all the option are right under it… I personally like it!

I’m kinda new in the game but what happens is when you go to the circuit it give you option to do a couple of races such as Sunday cup… and it gives us the option to do arcade mode, trials, custom race… for each track all the option are right under it… I personally like it!
Ah, I think I understand the concept now. Thank you for the answer!

When the reviewer said the Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro felt underwhelming, I'm curious if they were using the standard power supply or the upgraded boosted power supply? That one should have a stronger feel of the road.

In addition, I don't think the graphics are five stars. I'm playing it in the prioritize frame rate mode (PS5) and I noticed level of detail issues where the car I'm looking at at the distance all of a sudden gets more detailed. I also see issues with the depth of field focus being too strong. I see shadow issues and I see polygons on circular objects.

So you have to artificially hamstring your car? It’s also not just the speed but the I in AI seems completely absent.
The PP reference is a suggested number. You don't have to follow it.

I won a 600 championship with a 497 Evo VI.

Last edited:
We played Multiplayer last night for the first time as a group... and how GT Planet can give it a 5 Star rating is beyond me. You have to back out of the lobby and create a new one every single time you want to change something, including the track.

Sport Daily races have not evolved. Why cant we have more than 2 Daily Races.

Why can't we have online PP limited races that stay forever?

Look at what Forza Motorsport has on offer at launch for MP, and compare it to this. Its nonsense.

5 Stars? 1 Star more like.

Well, don't forget that they will probably add endurance races and endurance series with DLC's since many events are coming with updates and more stuff

Well, don't forget that they will probably add endurance races and endurance series with DLC's since many events are coming with updates and more stuff
I really hope they will, because this is what disappointed me the most about GT6, even though it has Goodwood and Moon and all those GT Visions which I like, but not as much as endurance :D

I’ve been playing gt7 for awhile now it’s a cool game but acc in my op has this beat in so many ways mostly in realism car handling after playing acc on ps5 just can’t play gt7 hope acc fixes bugs

I really hope they will, because this is what disappointed me the most about GT6, even though it has Goodwood and Moon and all those GT Visions which I like, but not as much as endurance :D
Since we have dynamic time and dynamic real weather, and since bspec will maybe come in an update that could indicate that longer endurance races might come back with a decent chance

Best review I've seen so far. But I won't be buying just now because of the grind and AI. Looks gorgeous at least.

Since we have dynamic time and dynamic real weather, and since bspec will maybe come in an update that could indicate that longer endurance races might come back with a decent chance
well, fingers crossed. Thank you for the reply, btw.
Best review I've seen so far. But I won't be buying just now because of the grind and AI. Looks gorgeous at least.
That, and endurance and bspec. Once they bring those two in, I'll buy it right away.

Im finding this game in the early stages a bit irritating, driving jank cars slowly is truly tedious. Im dipping back into Project cars 3 for a couple of laps of the green hell in a Mclaren F1 GTR... I need some speed!
Don't understand the appeal of Project CARS 3? I've played PCARS 2 and thought the simulation aspects were great for a console, but with 3? They've removed all the good stufff!

We played Multiplayer last night for the first time as a group... and how GT Planet can give it a 5 Star rating is beyond me. You have to back out of the lobby and create a new one every single time you want to change something, including the track.

Sport Daily races have not evolved. Why cant we have more than 2 Daily Races.

Why can't we have online PP limited races that stay forever?

Look at what Forza Motorsport has on offer at launch for MP, and compare it to this. Its nonsense.

5 Stars? 1 Star more like.
Perhaps GT planet has to ensure that it remains relevant, so they'll never down rate a main GT title...?
Come on now... It's at least a 4/5 star game. Yes there are some issues but it's doing great for a launch title.

Perhaps GT planet has to ensure that it remains relevant, so they'll never down rate a main GT title...?
Come on now... It's at least a 4/5 star game. Yes there are some issues but it's doing great for a launch title.
The Multiplayer, not the game. The MP is not 4/5 either.

It’s cool how the flag, in the background, changes direction as well.

I'm not worried about the sounds, some cars are okay others aren't. To me most sound synthesized, and not mechanical, engine sound, gearshift sounds, etc. all a bit fake like always had.

I care much more about the driving physics.
Your issue is with the samples not sounding exactly as you'd like?

My complaint with GT6 and GT Sport is how clerical it's graphics have been, just too clean and sterile, lacking emotion almost, but with GT7 I think that's changed.

The current sounds in Gran Turismo are a vast improvement over anything from the PS3 era and before. There's still quite a bit of room for improvement, though.

Don't understand the appeal of Project CARS 3? I've played PCARS 2 and thought the simulation aspects were great for a console, but with 3? They've removed all the good stufff!
Project cars is now completely obsolete in all regards ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back