Gran Turismo 7 to Host Honda's First Official Esports Event

• Thread starter Famine
  • 56 comments
well that really burns my incentive, I would like to try this but I DO NOT LIVE IN JAPAN (anymore, used to be in Okinawa but that was back in 1983-85)

Really cool. This is the kind of events the game needs. Maybe no GT Academy but still a nice bridge between videogame and real world.

I’d be pissed if i were honda atm. Wonder how much sponsorship cost them. I can imagine being told how great the timing would be, on the back of a successful movie and all that…

You mean we can get certificates?!?!?
Yes a e-mail certificate saying how good you are, If you can't wait till then please take my certificate attached below

Attachments

• a cert.png
    a cert.png
    169 KB · Views: 24
Is there anything stopping us from signing up for both categories on one account?
Good question. Waiting for someone else to try it first! I don't want to get my account-wrist slapped for basically lying on one of the two entries. I already signed up for Nord but would like to make some credits off Suzuka as well. That being said, a bird in the hand and all that...

Good question. Waiting for someone else to try it first! I don't want to get my account-wrist slapped for basically lying on one of the two entries. I already signed up for Nord but would like to make some credits off Suzuka as well. That being said, a bird in the hand and all that...
I signed up for both so you're welcome to watch me be a guinea pig. 4 mil creds a'comin'ma'way.

I've done it. On the Nordschleife, I am a 24 year old Englishman. On Suzuka, I am a 0-4 years old Company Worker who hasn't heard of Honda but wants to buy "Car".

Seems fine. It's not like I'm good enough to be in a position that it will cause trouble, though I'd argue the onus is on them for letting us fill out both anyway. I wonder how they'll properly filter the end results to the people who are actually eligible.

Last edited:
Same here.

Driving the new Civic around was fun.

Who else thinks that the new 2022 Type R(Fl5) handles better than the 2020 Type R? I drove both of them back-to-back around Fuji, and the FL5 handles much better imo.

If you argee, cool!
If you disagree, why and what's the reason?

Last edited:
Am I supposed to believe that the factory pilots who set the record laps were on "Sports Hard" equivalent rubber? [snorts]

Does anyone know if we can enter the "under 17" challenge at Suzuka even though I'm 31? I'm just attracted by the target time reward...😅

When writing the Honda form, I would clearly have to lie about my age, thus having me to "cheat" in some sort of ways. Has anybody tried it? Don't wanna get my account suspended for that.

Edit: Just saw the same question being asked a few posts above... Sorry bout that:banghead:

Does anyone know if we can enter the "under 17" challenge at Suzuka even though I'm 31? I'm just attracted by the target time reward...😅

When writing the Honda form, I would clearly have to lie about my age, thus having me to "cheat" in some sort of ways. Has anybody tried it? Don't wanna get my account suspended for that.

Edit: Just saw the same question being asked a few posts above... Sorry bout that:banghead:
I'm 32 and didn't even get an option for any ages over 17 so I am now in the U17 at Suzuka 🤦🏻‍♂️

Whats going on with the different lower power engine in game to the one that set the record of 7.44 in reality?
in gt7 i get 240kmh on the straight 252/253 max just after. The actual car on the lap does 248kmh on straight and 258kmh just after on the downhill bit.

Driving fast normally without crazy kerb/corner cuts I get a 7.52.
I need the missing power to get the real life 7.44.

On the gt7 replay I have noticed a headwind of 4.2m/s for the straight. I wonder if it could be that.

The BOP takes it down from 348bhp to 325bhp. That might be a reason too.

Last edited:
On the gt7 replay I have noticed a headwind of 4.2m/s for the straight. I wonder if it could be that.
I never thought about the wind factor, great question right there. I suppose it could help, but it wouldn't save more than a second or two on the final straight. These aliens at the top of the leaderboard are on a different level, it's insane how they can reach below 7'40

Its difficult because the real lap is in the road version without roll cage and this time trial has a non standard caged car with BOP.
I have looked at more parts of the lap now and i am still thinking gt7 car is down on power compared to the record holding real car.
Or it has downforce.

Another factor is full fuel tank, this is a power to weight issue.

The gt7 civic in brand central has 100litre tank so is carrying 70kgs fuel .

could estimate perhaps a minus 50kgs in tuning to replicate enough fuel to do a lap or so.
so 1380kgs and 325bhp could be right.

From a bit of a test the minus 50kgs works out. in terms of power/weight, keeping it at 325bhp.

Last edited:
Its difficult because the real lap is in the road version without roll cage and this time trial has a non standard caged car with BOP.
I have looked at more parts of the lap now and i am still thinking gt7 car is down on power compared to the record holding real car.
I doubt the conditions were good either, cold weather and possibly no rubber. Plus in real life you don't abuse the kerbs as much as in the game.

I certainly noticed the top speed was a little higher. The car might have less power just to provide a bit of challenge, otherwise more casual players could destroy the record with a little effort.

And like Nebuc said, the fear/damage factor is there IRL, while in the game you can keep hammering away.

Last edited:
Real life doesn't let you restart as many times as you need to if you make a mistake and has the added pressure of not wanting to crash incase you break the car or actually die.

The car might not be 1:1 but there's more advantages to driving the car in the game than a small deficit in power denies you. Else, the WR wouldn't be 8 odd seconds faster than the real lap time.

I've just snuck a tenth under after a few hours around 1.5% behind the top times. This was the gold mark for the Olympic TT as well, so I'd imagine that's the threshold PD aim for. I think they've balanced it pretty well all things considered.

Question: is there a way to see the tuning parts that I’ve been added to the car you could clearly see it has the racing exhaust, do you think it’s running a stock suspension? I am unable to see the spec sheet.

Back