Gran Turismo 7 track path editor

How do you feel about bringing back the track path editor for GT7?

• Definitely needs to come back!

Votes: 138 82.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • I don't like things that are fun

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
God I hope so. I loved the track editor in GT5, as primitive and crappy as it was, those short test courses were mine. I'd create courses specifically to test tuning instead of using High Speed Ring or Trial Mountain to test.

If it was to return, I'd hope to see it more fleshed out so you can make a narrow, winding Touge run or a mock-FIA race track to everything in between. More environment settings, finer controls, more control in general for that matter would be a blessing.

100% it needs to comeback and it needs to be fully operational offline with import / export via USB.

The way they introduced it in GT6 then took it away from the user with the server closure was disgusting.
If it was built into the game & didn’t require a external app to function I would want it back, my preference would be that it didn’t need online & continue beyond GT7 server lifetime.
100%, vehement agreement here guys.

Apart from losing everything in GT6 when the servers shut down, I wasn't able to create tracks anyway 'cause I've never owned and likely never will own a mobile 'phone (can't use them, long story). Went mad with it in GT5 'though and loved it even 'though it was pretty-basic.

Been drivin' GT6 now for 9 years and for sure those extra, missing tracks would go a long way towards keeping me entermatained until GT7 arrives. If PD requires an external app / 'phone for this in GT7 I'll be beyond-bummed. Just find a way to implement it in-game using the controller and I reckon most will be very-happy.

I would love to see it added to GT7 I would also love to have the app that was promised but never appeared which allows us to record a route in real life driving via GPS then upload & edit it. There are some amazing roads that could be recreated.

I would prefer that PD dedicate themselves to bringing real circuits and new circuits with personality, like Dragon Trail and Maggiore.

However, I'm sure the fanbase would do a better job than the generic Alsace and St. Croix.

Last edited:
They showed of some technology of generating cities and land a while ago after GT Sport launched.

Kazunori even said he was trying to put it in GT Sport when he was once asked.
GOOD LORD. Now I have to scour the internet to see if there's a video leak. This would've been massive and truly given GT Sport longevity, my only guess is THE KAZ has saved this bad boy for GT7 as his "last resort" in this war of microtransactions

With double the RAM and an SSD if they made it a PS5 exclusive feature it could be much more robust and probably easier to program as well.

Meh

Here's why.
When the track creator was in game and anyone could use it, it was a fun thing to play around with. Then it went to a app base for only Apple. That left most of the world without the ability to use the feature and you were completely out of luck if you used the game solely offline. The dependence on the internet for everything in GT7 world make it a internet only thing.
We do have plenty of tracks in this version that I believe some have roots in the course editor. (Sardegna) PD liked to use it for the weekly races in GT5. There was always one death hairpin in their tracks.
Honestly, I would rather spend time grinding real tracks to lean their layouts vs spend time building "Let's find the top of the box!" jump tracks. GT5 filled that hole for me. I would play around with it if was there however, CODA, Thermal Club or, others are higher on my list.

My dream would be the ability to snip anything from Google Maps and then be able to alter the height of the terrain to match the map. I wouldn't care if the scenery didn't match it would be amazing to make a track of my hometown or something.

Track Editor doesn't appeal to me at all. I prefer that PD brings the greatest possible number of classic original circuits of the franchise and real ones from the most diverse continents. I prefer it that way to provide multiple options for Sport Mode and Multiplayer.

There are also android emulators for PC.
And now that I I'm in a better place for using a separate system, that is not a hold back for me.
My hold back is now a lack of time to do just what is in the game now. Adding building my own tracks is a bit like jumping in the hole with a shovel expecting to dig yourself out. At least for me.

Back