Gran Turismo 7 Tuning Shop & GT Auto

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 465 comments
The widebody makes me wonder if cars will become eligible for a race category after modification. It would be pretty nifty to have an endless supply of Gr4 cars.
Or an customized racing series, as you said gives us another group of cars!

Last edited:
I'm curious to see the extent of the exhaust options as well. Purchasing the part does state that it will change the look (like it did in GT5 and GT6, I think), and the Mustang is shown with two different exhausts in the context of "Car Customization". Considering that the HP changes from 770 to 780 between the two shots, it's likely that the exhaust visual is tied solely to which exhaust is installed (ie: can't be changed visually independent of performance).

View attachment 1111066

View attachment 1111067

View attachment 1111068
There's also a new Gran Turismo branded tyre. Still wonder if we'll get raised white lettering and apply tyre branding.

There's also a new Gran Turismo branded tyre. Still wonder if we'll get raised white lettering and apply tyre branding.
I always wanted different style tires within each group of tires Would be cool!

If PD really want to get nasty, that 1964 Abarth 500 awaits:
1643939931373.png

I wonder if we'll be able to recreate cars like the Murcielago GT1, Viper GTS-R, Diablo GT-R, C6 GT1, M3 GT-R, 430 GT2, 911 (997) GT2 RSR, R33 GT-R LM and the Group A R32 GT-R. I don't see why not considering the modifications you can perform now.

Last edited:
The presence of anti lag upgrades are very intriguing.

As far as I can tell in GT Sport, turbo lag very pronounced in any car at any power level. I don't recall if earlier numbered games ever simulated turbo lag. Is turbo lag new to the series? I wouldn't mind... finding ways to replay older GT titles just to feel the lag if it were ever simulated. (And no, I don't mean the torque curve being peaky at high rpm ranges, but rather the throttle response.)

I wonder if Gr.3 cars that have small engines, such as the 4C and Atenza, will suffer greatly from turbo lag now that GT7 simulates it. Wouldn't it be a shame if we have the same fixed setup FIA races and PD doesn't give them the appropriate anti lag upgrades that they need?

The presence of anti lag upgrades are very intriguing.

As far as I can tell in GT Sport, turbo lag very pronounced in any car at any power level. I don't recall if earlier numbered games ever simulated turbo lag. Is turbo lag new to the series? I wouldn't mind... finding ways to replay older GT titles just to feel the lag if it were ever simulated. (And no, I don't mean the torque curve being peaky at high rpm ranges, but rather the throttle response.)

I wonder if Gr.3 cars that have small engines, such as the 4C and Atenza, will suffer greatly from turbo lag now that GT7 simulates it. Wouldn't it be a shame if we have the same fixed setup FIA races and PD doesn't give them the appropriate anti lag upgrades that they need?
I’m sure the smaller engine cars will have lag that noticeable. Modern turbo fours that spool quickly. Turbo lag may be more noticeable in the F40 and 930T. The Peugeot rally car. Probably Group C turbocharged cars.

Last edited:
Also, I'm pretty sure this was decided long ago but it's never been clear to me. That track is definitely in Arizona. That background looks exactly like the surroundings of Phoenix. Why there's a massive track and airport right next to the Mexican border I have no idea but that's definitely Arizona.
Phoenix isn't next to the border though lol. And I think there's already a rally track in GT Sport coming to GT7 that is in AZ. This one does look like the desert southwest, but location unknown.

I wonder if we'll be able to recreate cars like the Murcielago GT1, Viper GTS-R, Diablo GT-R, C6 GT1, M3 GT-R, 430 GT2, 911 (997) GT2 RSR, R33 GT-R LM and the Group A R32 GT-R. I don't see why not considering the modifications you can perform now.
That would be awesome, I generally feel like you can break down race mod cars in GT into 3 types:

1. The Improvised(these are my favourite types, this is just what RM is about:sly:)

Suzuki_Cappuccino_(EA21R)_RM_'95.jpg

2. The Inspired(my 2nd favourite, not quite replicas but similar)

Acura_NSX_LM_Race_Car_%2791.jpg

3. The Replicas(The actual car just with a different name)

Chevrolet_Corvette_ZR1_(C6)_RM_'09.jpg

From past games, PD only tend to allow us to recreate replicas when the company struggle to get the official licensing for those particular cars. They've been doing that since GT2. Last time it was applied to GT5 with the C6.r's that were renamed Z06 and ZR1 RM's. (the Z06 should of used the GT1 body but whatever) It's the only time race modifying replicas makes sense to me.

RM has always been a cool way of acquiring unlicensed replica's in GT games, even despite having them renamed to avoid allegations. It happens in real life too, privately at least. Generally, I've known owners to refrain from referring to their replica race cars as the car it's based on for the same reason. But that's why I generally like this approach as the end product-although inspired by the official race car-truly feels like your own project.

On the other hand I think if PD can get the licensing for the cars you mention in future then there is no need to 'create' them. The concept of RM replicas then falls on it's head at that point, because it could be rightly refuted with the argument, "well why go through the trouble of creating them when they are ready available to purchase?".

Something I noticed in the State of Play for GT7. Being able to remove oil stains, dust, dents, scratches and lens cracks in photo mode. How are these oil stains going to be formed I wonder? Will they stay on the car after the race? Which would finally give a reason for being able to wash your car... 😁

View attachment 1111644View attachment 1111645View attachment 1111664

From the member @Kazz looks like we might really need the boys at the GT Auto shop to maintain our cars… I know it’s not for all but I would like to keep damage, dirt grime, etc on my cars after the race!

Last edited:
So as the website talked about GT7 having 60+ tuning parts, I'm comparing it on how many tuning parts on GT3 and GT4 (I knew GT5 had reduced tuning parts however):

Muffler/Air Cleaner/Engine
  1. Sports
  2. Semi-Racing
  3. Racing
  4. Stage 1: NA
  5. Stage 2: NA
  6. Stage 3: NA
  7. Port Polish
  8. Full Balance Tune
  9. Soup Up
  10. Sports ROM
Suspension & Brakes
  1. Sports Suspension
  2. Semi-Racing Suspension
  3. Full Customization Service
  4. Racing Brake
  5. Brake Balance Controller
Drive Train
  1. Big Single Clutch
  2. Twin Plate Clutch
  3. Triple Plate Clutch
  4. Sports Fly Wheel
  5. Semi-Racing Fly Wheel
  6. Racing Fly Wheel
  7. Carbon Propeller Shaft
  8. Sports Transmission
  9. Semi-Racing Transmission
  10. Full Customization Service
  11. 1way LSD
  12. 1.5way LSD
  13. 2way LSD
  14. LSD Full Customization Service
Turbo
  1. Stage 1
  2. Stage 2
  3. Stage 3
  4. Stage 4
  5. Sports Intercooler
  6. Racing Intercooler
Tires
  1. Sports Tire
  2. Racing Tire
  3. Dirt Tire
  4. For Professional Tire
Miscellaneous
  1. Stage 1 Weight Reduction
  2. Stage 2 Weight Reduction
  3. Stage 3 Weight Reduction
  4. AYC Controller
  5. VCD
Total = 10 + 5 + 14 + 6 + 4 + 5 = 44

Exhaust
  1. Sports
  2. Semi-Racing
  3. Racing
Transmission
  1. Close
  2. Super-Close
  3. Full Customize
Clutch
  1. Sports
  2. Twin-wheel
  3. Triple-Plate
Flywheel
  1. Sports
  2. Semi-Racing
  3. Racing
Limited Slip
  1. 1-way
  2. 1.5-way
  3. 2-way
  4. Full Customize
Drivetrain
  1. AYC Controller
  2. Carbon Driveshaft
Tires
  1. Economy
  2. Comfort
  3. Road
  4. Sports Hard
  5. Sports Medium
  6. Sports Soft
  7. Racing Super Hard
  8. Racing Hard
  9. Racing Medium
  10. Racing Soft
  11. Racing Super Soft
  12. Dirt/Snow
Brakes
  1. Racing Brakes
  2. Brake Controller
Turbo
  1. Kit Stage 1
  2. Kit Stage 2
  3. Kit Stage 3
  4. Kit Stage 4
  5. Sports Intercooler
  6. Racing Intercooler
  7. Supercharger
Engine
  1. NA Stage 1
  2. NA Stage 2
  3. NA Stage 3
  4. Port Polish
  5. Engine Balancing
  6. Displacement Up
  7. Racing Chip
  8. Nitrous
Suspension
  1. Sports
  2. Semi-Racing
  3. Full Customize
Others
  1. VCD Controller
  2. Weight Reduction Stage 1
  3. Weight Reduction Stage 2
  4. Weight Reduction Stage 3
  5. Increase Rigidity
  6. Rigidity Refresher Plan
Total = (3x4) + 4 + 2 + 12 + 2 + 7 + 8 + 3 + 6 = 56

So there'd be at least 4 to go from GT4's list. 1 of them would be Engine Swaps, and the remaining 3 are then....

GT6 would have been a better comparison I feel. Guess you could add widebody, anti-lag, and possibly 4 wheel steering and piston mods based on the tuning screens. 4 wheel steering could of course simply be an adjustment option for cars that have it. There's also a handbrake option listed which again could simply be a pressure adjustment but could also hint at hydraulic drift/rally style handbrake mods.

There’s a restrictor part for purchase as well.
I just saw that intake restrictor after re-watching. I assume this means we can adjust our power levels down and/or have BoP do it automatically in order to fit within regulations, but we first have to buy the part. So that might be a necessary buy for all our favorite cars. A simple way to avoid have to change various combinations to meet PP levels.

GT6 would have been a better comparison I feel. Guess you could add widebody, anti-lag, and possibly 4 wheel steering and piston mods based on the tuning screens. 4 wheel steering could of course simply be an adjustment option for cars that have it. There's also a handbrake option listed which again could simply be a pressure adjustment but could also hint at hydraulic drift/rally style handbrake mods.
Like the note on GT5 there, GT6 too had reduced parts so yeah probably won't be as much as GT3/4's perhaps. I guess you filled up the remaining 4 albeit dunno if the other parts line up are the same as GT4's.

Wide body is GT Auto's property (and probably didn't increase performance) though so doesn't count for the Tuning Parts lineup.

The widebody makes me wonder if cars will become eligible for a race category after modification. It would be pretty nifty to have an endless supply of Gr4 cars.
Should be able to get same performance easily. That Boss 429 shed weight to about 1100kg.

So we have bodykits, rollcages, and engine swaps now. Imagine having steering wheel customization! Maybe even a partnership with MOMO? Based on footage from someone with a modded PS4, car models can have their steering wheel stock removed.
1644121830065.png

Back