Gran Turismo 7 Tuning Shop & GT Auto

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 465 comments
I'm curious to see the extent of the exhaust options as well. Purchasing the part does state that it will change the look (like it did in GT5 and GT6, I think), and the Mustang is shown with two different exhausts in the context of "Car Customization". Considering that the HP changes from 770 to 780 between the two shots, it's likely that the exhaust visual is tied solely to which exhaust is installed (ie: can't be changed visually independent of performance).

View attachment 1111066

View attachment 1111067

View attachment 1111068
The picture with the exhaust just after the front wheel also shows a very nice changed front bumper!

The picture with the exhaust just after the front wheel also shows a very nice changed front bumper!
There appear to be a few changes between the two pictures (in addition to the exhaust): Front bumper/Splitter, Hood Pins, Fender Flares, Brakes (not just the color, but the calipers and rotors themselves), and it just occurred to me just how low that Mustang is.

Last edited:
There appear to be a few changes between the two pictures (in addition to the exhaust): Front bumper/Splitter, Hood Pins, Fender Flares, Brakes (not just the color, but the calipers and rotors themselves), and it just occurred to me just how low that Mustang is.
I'm gonna say it very quite, maybe it is a widebody kit...

Will tuning make the daily races more diverse? I’ve only played gt sport and it seems like you usually only see the same meta car used.

Will be nice to make some touring cars from the Focus ST, FK8, FK2, Golf VII. Hopefully, a replica MINI Challenge Cooper S.

As for this question.
Will tuning make the daily races more diverse? I’ve only played gt sport and it seems like you usually only see the same meta car used.
We'll have to see how the PP works. Physics, tunes, race conditions. What players share what tunes, etc.
Probably the lower DR, maybe the more diverse.

maybe it’s because I haven’t read all pages in 100% detail, but did anyone notice there are 3 wide body options?

531188CF-AF1B-4CA8-91A6-6ABA4BD0E458.pngC00966AC-4E08-4658-BFD4-AFF0BFDA5E6A.png

Say stage 1 is light widening, like rolled fenders. Stage 2 might be fender flares or something similar, and finally stage 3 more like a race car kit. (Based off of the CSL, Mustang and Z432)

Last edited:
maybe it’s because I haven’t read all pages in 100% detail, but did anyone notice there are 3 wide body options?

View attachment 1114263View attachment 1114264

Say stage 1 is light widening, like rolled fenders. Stage 2 might be fender flares or something similar, and finally stage 3 more like a race car kit. (Based off of the CSL, Mustang and Z432)
There isn't 3 stages of anything. There's 3 options of changing the camera angle.

There isn't 3 stages of anything. There's 3 options of changing the camera angle.
Crap. Yeah I saw that just before I read your post. Wishful thinking, I guess! 🥺

It would be nice though. But.. yeah. Not so realistic at the moment, is it.

Last edited:
So as the website talked about GT7 having 60+ tuning parts, I'm comparing it on how many tuning parts on GT3 and GT4 (I knew GT5 had reduced tuning parts however):

Muffler/Air Cleaner/Engine
  1. Sports
  2. Semi-Racing
  3. Racing
  4. Stage 1: NA
  5. Stage 2: NA
  6. Stage 3: NA
  7. Port Polish
  8. Full Balance Tune
  9. Soup Up
  10. Sports ROM
Suspension & Brakes
  1. Sports Suspension
  2. Semi-Racing Suspension
  3. Full Customization Service
  4. Racing Brake
  5. Brake Balance Controller
Drive Train
  1. Big Single Clutch
  2. Twin Plate Clutch
  3. Triple Plate Clutch
  4. Sports Fly Wheel
  5. Semi-Racing Fly Wheel
  6. Racing Fly Wheel
  7. Carbon Propeller Shaft
  8. Sports Transmission
  9. Semi-Racing Transmission
  10. Full Customization Service
  11. 1way LSD
  12. 1.5way LSD
  13. 2way LSD
  14. LSD Full Customization Service
Turbo
  1. Stage 1
  2. Stage 2
  3. Stage 3
  4. Stage 4
  5. Sports Intercooler
  6. Racing Intercooler
Tires
  1. Sports Tire
  2. Racing Tire
  3. Dirt Tire
  4. For Professional Tire
Miscellaneous
  1. Stage 1 Weight Reduction
  2. Stage 2 Weight Reduction
  3. Stage 3 Weight Reduction
  4. AYC Controller
  5. VCD
Total = 10 + 5 + 14 + 6 + 4 + 5 = 44

Exhaust
  1. Sports
  2. Semi-Racing
  3. Racing
Transmission
  1. Close
  2. Super-Close
  3. Full Customize
Clutch
  1. Sports
  2. Twin-wheel
  3. Triple-Plate
Flywheel
  1. Sports
  2. Semi-Racing
  3. Racing
Limited Slip
  1. 1-way
  2. 1.5-way
  3. 2-way
  4. Full Customize
Drivetrain
  1. AYC Controller
  2. Carbon Driveshaft
Tires
  1. Economy
  2. Comfort
  3. Road
  4. Sports Hard
  5. Sports Medium
  6. Sports Soft
  7. Racing Super Hard
  8. Racing Hard
  9. Racing Medium
  10. Racing Soft
  11. Racing Super Soft
  12. Dirt/Snow
Brakes
  1. Racing Brakes
  2. Brake Controller
Turbo
  1. Kit Stage 1
  2. Kit Stage 2
  3. Kit Stage 3
  4. Kit Stage 4
  5. Sports Intercooler
  6. Racing Intercooler
  7. Supercharger
Engine
  1. NA Stage 1
  2. NA Stage 2
  3. NA Stage 3
  4. Port Polish
  5. Engine Balancing
  6. Displacement Up
  7. Racing Chip
  8. Nitrous
Suspension
  1. Sports
  2. Semi-Racing
  3. Full Customize
Others
  1. VCD Controller
  2. Weight Reduction Stage 1
  3. Weight Reduction Stage 2
  4. Weight Reduction Stage 3
  5. Increase Rigidity
  6. Rigidity Refresher Plan
Total = (3x4) + 4 + 2 + 12 + 2 + 7 + 8 + 3 + 6 = 56

So there'd be at least 4 to go from GT4's list. 1 of them would be Engine Swaps, and the remaining 3 are then....
I believe there are now 5 stages of weight reduction in GT7, so that would be another 2, assuming everything from GT4 has made it over, but I'd guess that's not the case as we also have a selection of different disk brakes in GT7 as well as the anti-lag systems which takes it over 6 if we're just adding it on to GT4's options.

Rigidity refresher (or whatever it's called in GT7) appears to be in GT Auto now, not in the tune shop so that may not count as a tuning option. It'll be interesting to find out the full selection, I don't think any of the Extreme options have been shown yet.

Last edited:
I believe there are now 5 stages of weight reduction in GT7, so that would be another 2, assuming everything from GT4 has made it over, but I'd guess that's not the case as we also have a selection of different disk brakes in GT7 as well as the anti-lag systems which takes it over 6 if we're just adding it on to GT4's options.

Rigidity refresher (or whatever it's called in GT7) appears to be in GT Auto now, not in the tune shop so that may not count as a tuning option. It'll be interesting to find out the full selection, I don't think any of the Extreme options have been shown yet.
There is Carbon brakes in one screen. Since Racing brakes are under Racing tab, Carbon ceramics must be under Extreme. I swear I saw somewhere else that there was a drop down on turbos and there was Low, Mid, High, and Ultra High RPM turbo that could be seen.

Something else that's of note on this Aventador livery scene

PohEGAr.jpg

Last edited:

True, the Extreme options has never been shown so far.
It seems that so far, the Turbo Kit is returning into 4 choices:
1644912658468.png

But it doesn't seem to be the case for the tyres, there are no Super Hard/Soft, so that'd mean not every GT4's options carry over:
1644912641543.png

We also have confirmed for GT7, both the Silvia Q's and K's.
I know I'm late to this thread but I'm the kind of person who will use the Silvia Q's to create a high revving, responsive NA track car which will behave differently to the K's. Gran Turismo gives people these options which makes it unique. Same goes for GTS model Skylines (which I know aren't in anymore). They're rear wheel drive and much more ideal and realistic for drift builds.

The Power Restrictor is a good buy, if you’re trying to detune high BHP cars. I’m able to drop the ZL1 from 689BHP/627.78PP to 483BHP/590.25PP. Add the ECU and it drops to 338BHP/545.81PP. All at its stock 1732kg. Nice car to add in your Gr.4 Custom Race.

Last edited:
Gifted a Racing Crank Shaft for the A110 ‘17. Retails for 14,400.
What makes Racing Crank Shaft worthy of the Extreme tab?
The Power Restrictor is a good buy, if you’re trying to detune high BHP cars. I’m able to drop the ZL1 from 689BHP/627.78PP to 483BHP/590.25PP. Add the ECU and it drops to 338BHP/545.81PP. All at its stock 1732kg. Nice car to add in your Gr.4 Custom Race.
I don't know why muscle cars like ZL1 had PP so high (Hellcat was rather high too), like from what I see, those muscle cars' performance aren't on supercar's levels despite big hp.

Adding most parts in GT Auto doesn't give you any information on whether they will increase or reduce your PP.

I really wish they would change this. I love the parts selection, it's an amazing improvement, but I'd like to know what it will do exactly before buying. Widebody is the one exception, but oddly, I was told it would reduce PP before installing it on a R32 GT-R, then when I came back to actually do it was told it would increase PP. Honestly it should reduce PP until you fit wider/offset wheels.

On top of this weight never changes with any of these parts, including roll cages. Roll cages seem to reduce PP so clearly it is being calculated, but weight is reported as the same.

So far, Weight Reduction Stage 5 is also not seen in the Tuning Shop (Stage 4 is also an N/A), are that also a part that exclusively obtained from Roulette Tickets too?
1646560793327.png

Is there a thread for unique or interesting GT Auto parts? For example, the wide body mod for most cars is a seamless extension of the bodywork, but with the AE86 Levin you get an N2 body kit which looks absolutely awesome. Just wondering what else might be out there, I'm on a PS4 Pro so checking things one by one is kind of slow.

Also, on a related note, is anyone else annoyed by the fact that you can't change which section of the GT Auto shop you're looking at without going back to the world map?

Is there a thread for unique or interesting GT Auto parts? For example, the wide body mod for most cars is a seamless extension of the bodywork, but with the AE86 Levin you get an N2 body kit which looks absolutely awesome. Just wondering what else might be out there, I'm on a PS4 Pro so checking things one by one is kind of slow.

Also, on a related note, is anyone else annoyed by the fact that you can't change which section of the GT Auto shop you're looking at without going back to the world map?
Someone made a widebody thread. There's also an engine swap thread pinned to the forum.

Was hoping the N2/GT300 kit would return from GT1. PD delivered. :)

The customization in many of the less popular cars leaves a bit to be desired. I don't think it can be excused that not all cars have a rollcage option. Completely custom license plates would've been appreciated as well.

Where GT7 wins against similar games is that, despite the low selection of parts, 99% of them are tasteful. The standard kits look very nice most of the time. Most widebodies are flared fenders, which makes more sense than paying big bucks to LB so they mercilessly cut your car's body.

Another thing I appreciate is the realism of the Tuning Shop. The game differentiates between bolt-ons and deep modifications. Anything you need to machine (cylinder bore, polish, crankshaft) requires a fresh new engine to get rid of. Anything you just tack onto the engine like exhaust, ECU and turbo can be easily replaced when necessary. This is what sold me on the game and I'm wondering if GT6 already had this.

Building a car in Gran Turismo is much more difficult than in Forza, but much more lifelike as well. Except for wheels, everything else matters and their tweaks also matter. Downforce, ECU map, even differential lock affects your PP. That's simply fantastic.

Last edited:
So far, Weight Reduction Stage 5 is also not seen in the Tuning Shop (Stage 4 is also an N/A), are that also a part that exclusively obtained from Roulette Tickets too?
View attachment 1120545
So maybe some N/A parts at the Tuning Shop you need to win through a Roulette?

Personally I still don't see why an Integra can't equip a supercharger but a Miata can smh. Maybe this is one way to get around it?

Yes.

Also annoyed that you can't install a roll cage in the C63 coupe. Wanted to make a GT4 car out of it and that ruined the fun.

Back