Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (1.23)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 70 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Gran Turismo 7 Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For every update released, there is the potential for changes not listed in the initial patch notes. Please report any undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible, either through videos or images.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs & Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png
Thread Icons (Engines).png

Update (1.23)​

Documented Changes

1. Cars
 - The following three new cars have been added:
  ・Nissan Silvia K's Type S (S14) '94 (Purchasable at 'Legend Cars' from 29 September)
  ・Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Spyder
  ・Volkswagen ID.R '19

2. Café
- The following Menu Book has been added:
 ・Menu Book No. 45: 'The Silvia Sisters' (Collector Level 27 and above)
- The following two Extra Menus have been added:
 ・Extra Menu No. 8: 'Collection: Corvette' (Collector Level 20 and above)
 ・Extra Menu No. 9: 'Collection: Mid-engine Porsche' (Collector Level 45 and above)

The new Menu Books and Extra Menus will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 ('Championship: World GT Series') and having watched the ending.

3. World Circuits
 - The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
  ・Silvia Sisters
   - Willows Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs
   - Tsukuba Circuit
   - Deep Forest Raceway Reverse
  ・Japanese FR Challenge 450
   - Autopolis International Racing Course
  ・American Clubman Cup 700
   - Trial Mountain Circuit
  ・World Touring Car 800
   - Tokyo Expressway East Clockwise

‘World Touring Car 800’ will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 ('Championship: World GT Series') and having watched the ending.

4. Scapes
 - The ‘California II’ and ‘Tokyo II’ locations have been added as featured Curations in Scapes.

5. Livery Editor
 - Added six MAZDA SPIRIT RACING logo decals. These can be selected in the Livery Editor when the current car is a Mazda.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Lobby / Meeting Place / Sport
 - Improved network connectivity
 - Fixed an issue wherein the car would not move again if stopped using the handbrake in the pitlane during a Practice on the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Rallycross Layout;
 - Fixed an issue wherein the ‘My Record’ time displayed during a race would be incorrect in an Online Time Trial
 - The cursor will move to 'Exit' when pressing the cancel button in the Quick Menu. When selecting 'Exit' the dialogue 'Do you want to quit?' will now be displayed.

2. Race Screen
 - Fixed an issue wherein the refueling indicator would be incorrect in races with fuel consumption enabled.

3. License Centre
 - Fixed an issue wherein the ghost car would be positioned in a different starting position to the player if 'Display Demonstration Ghost' was turned on in License 'S-8' and 'S-10.'

4. Car Settings
 - Changed the calculation of the Performance Points (PP) in ‘Car Settings’ so that measurements are taken with stock Differential Gear (LSD) and Suspension settings.

5. Garage
 - Fixed an issue wherein changing the settings of the current car in 'Garage' would cause that car to be listed at the top even when the sorting order was set as 'By Date Acquired'
 - Fixed an issue wherein the sorting order was incorrect when ‘Last Used’ was selected from the ‘Change Car’ menu.

6. Steering Controllers
 - Added support for the Logitech® G PRO Racing Wheel
 - Added a button configuration menu for the Fanatec® Podium in ‘Options’ > ‘Controllers'
 - Added the ability to connect to a different shifter from the one currently being used for Fanatec steering controllers
 - Added rotary encoder support for Fanatec steering controllers. (Models which feature rotary encoders such as the Clubsport Steering Wheel Formula V2 can be used)

7. Others
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Undocumented Changes
  • The "SR20DET-Silvia" has been renamed "SR20DET-Silvia-S15"
  • The pit lane exit path at WTC800 Sardegna has been adjusted
  • The duplicate Inostroza AI in Gr.1 Prototype Series has been renamed "T. Hoshino".
  • Replays between 50MB and 200MB are now shareable
  • The Hood/bonnet cam of the Ferrari 500 Mondial has been adjusted.

Last edited:
Might be wrong but it seems the force feedback has received an update. At least it feels more responsive and detailed on my Logitech G29. Can anyone else weigh in on this?

The Silvia races at least. Might just be a Cafe thing.
Those jingles were always there, but only for specific events. If it's the one I'm thinking of (the one where the finish jingle is the Standard car theme from GT5), that that jingle can play in:
  • American Clubman Cup 700 events
  • European Clubman Cup 600 events
  • Japanese Clubman Cup 550 events
  • Most, if not all chilli events
There's another jingle that's exclusive to these events, which I like to call "epic guitar riff".

Last edited:
Those jingles were always there, but only for specific events. If it's the one I'm thinking of (the one where the finish jingle is the Standard car theme from GT5), that that jingle can play in:

• American Clubman Cup 700 events
  • European Clubman Cup 600 events
  • Japanese Clubman Cup 550 events
  • Most, if not all chilli events
Been a hot minute since I played GT5, so maybe.

Gosh if only the developers of the game could take the time to explain any game changing global physics and FFB changes.
Don't be absurd, that's completely impossible.

Oh, no, turns out it's very simple if you actually care. As you were.

Last edited:
They finally added Wipers functionality, before it was automatic with weather but since I have that button mapped in my controller, pressing the wipers finally turns them on/off

Before this update you pressed the wipers and it did nothing!
Also cars with DRS have a new alert on the HUD’s display whenever is activated by yourself or the car!
image.jpg
4252149B-9CBE-4AF2-BAB9-53997B5599AF.jpeg

They finally added Wipers functionality, before it was automatic with weather but since I have that button mapped in my controller, pressing the wipers finally turns them on/off

Also cars with DRS have a new alert on the HUD’s display whenever is activated by yourself or the car! View attachment 1196265View attachment 1196269
Where did you map the wipers?

Also cars with DRS have a new alert on the HUD’s display whenever is activated by yourself or the car! View attachment 1196265View attachment 1196269
mines been mapped since day 1.

Might be wrong but it seems the force feedback has received an update. At least it feels more responsive and detailed on my Logitech G29. Can anyone else weigh in on this?
Yes it has changed. DDPro 8 had to adjust my settings a bit but overall level reduced slightly, big but subtle notchiness gone, improved feel. Not as good as 1.15 yet but better than it was

Hmm. Has the tyre model changed? I loaded GT7 up for the first time I ages to try the update and tried a wtc800 race. I was merrily saving fuel lapping comfortably and my tyres got into full red... Then immediately the car was completely undriveable. Completely. It was like I suddenly had a double rear puncture.

Admittedly I I haven't tried full red tyres in a month but I swear it wasn't this bad.

I'm having the feeling that sounds when you crash into something have a lot more variety to them.

Not sure if this is for all cars, but the Porsche 911 GT3RS would notnallow me to adjust cockpit view settings.

Not sure if this is for all cars, but the Porsche 911 GT3RS would notnallow me to adjust cockpit view settings.
Did you notice how the view bobbles more than ever in the cockpit? I thought it was only me but i haven’t messed with the settings

I can now look left and right with the properly mapped buttons via a wheel when in hood/roof cam.

Jerome

Back