Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (1.23)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 70 comments
Check my memory onn this one.....

There is typically only up to 30 cars listed in the Used Car Dealership, right? I ask because today I noticed an extra car at the bottom. I added them up and there were 31. .....not sure if this is anomaly, has happened before or.....?

Check my memory onn this one.....

There is typically only up to 30 cars listed in the Used Car Dealership, right? I ask because today I noticed an extra car at the bottom. I added them up and there were 31. .....not sure if this is anomaly, has happened before or.....?
The "Hot Car" in the UCD (in this case the new S14) takes up an extra slot.

• Manual Windshield Wiper functionality has been added.
What do you mean? I used wipers long before this update... mapped them to a
1664523415723.png
button.

They finally added Wipers functionality, before it was automatic with weather but since I have that button mapped in my controller, pressing the wipers finally turns them on/off

Before this update you pressed the wipers and it did nothing!
Also cars with DRS have a new alert on the HUD’s display whenever is activated by yourself or the car! View attachment 1196265View attachment 1196269
Aside from manual wiper activation has actually been there since day one as many have pointed out, I don't think you actually activated DRS in both screenshots. The DRS icon greys out to indicate it's unavailable due to low speed/braking, and it turns white only to indicate it's now available, you have to activate DRS manually by holding boost/nitro button, which isn't mapped by default, and then the icon will become red to indicate it's actually activated.

Hmm. Has the tyre model changed? I loaded GT7 up for the first time I ages to try the update and tried a wtc800 race. I was merrily saving fuel lapping comfortably and my tyres got into full red... Then immediately the car was completely undriveable. Completely. It was like I suddenly had a double rear puncture.

Admittedly I I haven't tried full red tyres in a month but I swear it wasn't this bad.

It was update 1.20.
Changed the tire model (the progressive wear doesn't take much grip but you have a massive drop when the infographic goes full red) and the way tire wear is represented in the graphic.

The DRS icon in the HUD has been there from Day 1, was in GT Sport as well.

One thing I noticed yesterday is that tire smoke seems to be less, as in, it takes longer for it to appear. There was no smoke until the tire indicators turned red. Might need to further test it, but was a observation last night.

I've heard all the jingles, and this sounds new. I'm not crazy.
When you enter the race, does it start with a drum roll, then go "DUN DUN DUNNNN, DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN....." and then fade out?
My apologies, but that's the only way I can describe it.

I actually heard another one. I recorded both start jingles:

Those two have been in the game since launch, but they only play in specific events. I've listed them before, but it's exclusive to the Clubman Cups and the chilli races. (And I suppose this new Silvia event too.)

The first jingle you posted becomes the GT5 standard car theme when you finish the race, and the second jingle is actually the one I mentioned above for its drum roll. The finish jingle for that one is my personal favourite, for the epic guitar riff at the end.

This is a very, very minor change or maybe it's was just bugged before.

Now you can see the "current" PP value when you go to your collection in the garage. Before it was only showing the PP from day 1 of release.

The Camaro SS had originally 553pp. After the update (which one, I can't remember) the car had it's pp down to 549, but even though the stock settings was 549, in the collection it would stay at 553.

Today, before picking the same car I checked the collection and it was still 549. Then I picked the car, went there again and the values got updated to 549.03.

Kinda useless, but there ya go.

This is a very, very minor change or maybe it's was just bugged before.

Now you can see the "current" PP value when you go to your collection in the garage. Before it was only showing the PP from day 1 of release.

The Camaro SS had originally 553pp. After the update (which one, I can't remember) the car had it's pp down to 549, but even though the stock settings was 549, in the collection it would stay at 553.

Today, before picking the same car I checked the collection and it was still 549. Then I picked the car, went there again and the values got updated to 549.03.

Kinda useless, but there ya go.
The PP doesn't get updated till you actually get into the car, this has been the case since launch.

Aside from manual wiper activation has actually been there since day one as many have pointed out, I don't think you actually activated DRS in both screenshots. The DRS icon greys out to indicate it's unavailable due to low speed/braking, and it turns white only to indicate it's now available, you have to activate DRS manually by holding boost/nitro button, which isn't mapped by default, and then the icon will become red to indicate it's actually activated.

I’ve always had the wipers set to the the triangle button. They’ve always been functional in dry conditions.
I’ve had it mapped to different buttons since i got the game and it had never ever worked for me, i must had pushed it plenty of times and nothing. All of a sudden with this update it works on a whim, which was weird for me.

The way your car exits pit lane at WTC800 Sardegna has changed. As you exit pit lane the car changes to your race view quicker and the car is positioned to the far right of the exit lane when you take control of it. I assume this is to avoid the AI that always crashed into your car when you exited.

What do you mean? I used wipers long before this update... mapped them to a View attachment 1196430button.

As I still don't have the game, I pretty much am at the mercy of only being able to go off what everyone else who has it posts so I myself was definitely unaware it's been there (Same with the DRS indicator). Multiple people seem to confirmed that its in fact been there since day 1 so I'll remove those.

The way your car exits pit lane at WTC800 Sardegna has changed. As you exit pit lane the car changes to your race view quicker and the car is positioned to the far right of the exit lane when you take control of it. I assume this is to avoid the AI that always crashed into your car when you exited.
So no more jumpscare? :lol:

I believe they have fixed the bug in a custom race at the nurburgring where the cars were pulling over. (Should only happen on the tourist track option).

Does anyone feel like the AI is weirdly aggressive now? For photo mode shots I generally load a track with only 1 AI and do a lap but in the few I've done post update the other car keeps crashing into me and spinning me out. I know the AI has always had issues with becoming selectively blind but I don't remember it being this bad.

I had the AI just stopped in the middle of the track at Suzuka, Sardegna, and Daytona today.
I've noticed this too, it seems like there is always one car running out of fuel and not pitting in Sardegna and LeMans, don't recall seeing this happen in Tokyo though.

Does anyone feel like the AI is weirdly aggressive now? For photo mode shots I generally load a track with only 1 AI and do a lap but in the few I've done post update the other car keeps crashing into me and spinning me out. I know the AI has always had issues with becoming selectively blind but I don't remember it being this bad.
I don't know if it has changed, but I do find the AI annoyingly aggressive and blind. Divebombing, pushing the back of your car to cause a spin, ignoring blue flag etc.

I don't know if it has changed, but I do find the AI annoyingly aggressive and blind. Divebombing, pushing the back of your car to cause a spin, ignoring blue flag etc.
Definitely something noticeable on the Silvia Sister races. Overtaking on turns, or coming up fast causes the AI to nearly spin.

It's actually kinda funny, because it's giving me Forza "Stuck looking in the rearview camera" vibes. :lol:

Feels the same to me. Which settings are you running?
Been trying out a couple of my usual combos (cars + tracks) and yeah, I think you're right, it hasn't changed after all. First thing I did after the update was dive into the new online time trial and something about that F1 car just feels really good re/ force feedback, much better and livelier than what I remembered. Sorry for jumping to conclusion.

No-one noticed this till now (based on this GT Wiki edit), but in version 1.21 (not 1.22 like it says on the edit, as that version number was skipped) the duplicate Inostroza in Gr.1 Prototype Series has now been fixed - the N 2025 Gr.1 driver is now named "T. Hoshino".

I think they tweaked the daily mileage reward tickets a little. Since the update I have been getting 5 star tickets. I do not recall getting anything higher than 3 or 4 star tickets up to this point.

Back