Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.13)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 194 comments
Not sure if this was already mentioned but it seems most cars have their PP and performance calculated slightly different than before.

For example take the new Mitsubishi GTO in the UCD, it used to be 456.59 PP stock. Now since 1.13 it‘s 468.32. That happened with a lot of cars.

Also the measured performance metrics from the detailed car settings (acceleration, stability, rotational G) are also different.
GTO before 1.13 :
0-4000-1000100-150lowhigh60.00120.00240.00
14.3926.066.76-0.18-1.000.971.001.01

GTO post 1.13 :
0-4000-1000100-150lowhigh60.00120.00240.00
14.3926.046.75-0.19-1.000.991.041.04

Slight changes but it‘s there ☺️

Last edited:
The first lap of a race is no longer able to be the fastest lap.

This is probably in part because of the Spa 24h layout having a different timing line to it's start line, so the first lap can be as much as 20 seconds faster.

I'd seen the patch notes but didn't realise every car was affected ? I've still got plenty of cars tuned for various events that are still under the limit for those races, whereas I noticed the Radical as it is now over the 550 limit I'd tuned it for one of the endurance events.
I've noticed that a lot of cars are not recalculated while in the selection screen. But once you select them you can sometimes no longer enter the race and need to drop approx. 5 PP.

Not sure if I'm missing something but isn't this:
  • The countdown timer on a timed race has moved from above the MFD to top centre of the screen.
The same as this:
5. Race Screen
 - For races with time limits, moved the remaining time display to the center of the screen and adjusted the design.

• The countdown timer on a timed race has moved from above the MFD to top centre of the screen.
The same as this:
5. Race Screen
 - For races with time limits, moved the remaining time display to the center of the screen and adjusted the design.

Yeah, I'm not sure why this was added to the original post despite being previously pointed out

Last edited:
The same as this:
5. Race Screen
Yeah, I'm not sure why this was added to the original post despite being previously pointed out
My mistake, its been removed.

The new body colours from the new cars added in the update have not been made available in the real car paints section in the customisation part of GT Auto, as they would have been expected to be. Either this is a dev oversight, a bug, or new paints will not be arriving when new cars do. I imagine if they do eventually get added, that'll be a future undocumented change...

The new body colours from the new cars added in the update have not been made available in the real car paints section in the customisation part of GT Auto, as they would have been expected to be. Either this is a dev oversight, a bug, or new paints will not be arriving when new cars do. I imagine if they do eventually get added, that'll be a future undocumented change...
Unless someone makes a list of what colors were available at launch, we won't know. they added the jeep olive color in an update.

Unless someone makes a list of what colors were available at launch, we won't know.
Cappuccino:
  • Cordoba Red
  • Satellite Silver Metallic
BRZ:
  • Crystal White Pearl
  • Ice Silver Metallic
  • Magnetite Gray Metallic
  • Crystal Black Silica
  • Ignition Red
  • WR Blue Pearl
  • Sapphire Blue Pearl
The BRZ colors are probably all available already as Toyota colors, except for WR Blue Pearl which would be available in the Subaru colors.

Here's something I've noticed and wish would change ASAP...

Every single time I go to the main map now, god damn Chariots of Fire plays. I used to get cool songs like something from Lenny Ibizzare or Khruangbin's Summer Madness, but now its only Chariots of friggin fire. Every. God forsaken. Time.

Anyone know how to manipulate menu tracks?? I don't want to mute it because I genuinely like most of the songs in the game, but Chariots is such a stupid, played out, long intro piece of crap I feel like turning the PS off as soon as I hear it.

It's the same cliche song that everyone uses in a "champion" aspect, or when someone is running in slow motion. It's a trope.

I hate it.

PD messed with mother nature, when in the WTC700 at lemans the weather dynamically changes according to what tyres you have on, example: you stay out with RH and a monsoon suddenly appears, or you jump in pits when the first rain comes and get wets installed and when exiting pit lane it STOPS raining, next lap is sunny so you change back to RH and its pouring when you leave pit lane.
This weather was not as drastic pre 1.13

Here's something I've noticed and wish would change ASAP...

Every single time I go to the main map now, god damn Chariots of Fire plays. I used to get cool songs like something from Lenny Ibizzare or Khruangbin's Summer Madness, but now its only Chariots of friggin fire. Every. God forsaken. Time.

Anyone know how to manipulate menu tracks?? I don't want to mute it because I genuinely like most of the songs in the game, but Chariots is such a stupid, played out, long intro piece of crap I feel like turning the PS off as soon as I hear it.

It's the same cliche song that everyone uses in a "champion" aspect, or when someone is running in slow motion. It's a trope.

I hate it.
Finish the championship from your menu.

Whaaaaat?! I'm at the final menu book with the WTC800 Gt Series and haven't done it yet because I need a good chunk of time to knock it out. That's the reason for the music! Mind blown.

Thank you very much you kind person!

Last edited:
PD messed with mother nature, when in the WTC700 at lemans the weather dynamically changes according to what tyres you have on, example: you stay out with RH and a monsoon suddenly appears, or you jump in pits when the first rain comes and get wets installed and when exiting pit lane it STOPS raining, next lap is sunny so you change back to RH and its pouring when you leave pit lane.
Is it me, or does the road suddenly become slippery? It was raining at Lemans for me last night, first half of the track no difference. Then, just before the Porsche curves, traction almost instantly went to 0 and the car became undrivable

Did you come off the proper racing line? The road "dries" based on where cars have been driving. If you saved the replay, when you rewatch it, you'll notice the "wetness" bar on the far left of the HUD spike when you come off the line.

Did you come off the proper racing line? The road "dries" based on where cars have been driving. If you saved the replay, when you rewatch it, you'll notice the "wetness" bar on the far left of the HUD spike when you come off the line.
It was still belting down with rain. I know about the driving line while it is drying.

It went from barely noticing the rain (I switched to the cockpit view to be sure) to sliding uncontrollably almost instantly. The AI were all spinning out as well.

It's done it before too, where I've thought "I'll push another lap, I am sliding but this is manageable" to suddenly borderline uncontrollabe driving on ice.

:lol: Yep.

It was still belting down with rain. I know about the driving line while it is drying.

It went from barely noticing the rain (I switched to the cockpit view to be sure) to sliding uncontrollably almost instantly. The AI were all spinning out as well.

It's done it before too, where I've thought "I'll push another lap, I am sliding but this is manageable" to suddenly borderline uncontrollabe driving on ice.
Most of the mission and World Circuits races have accelerated time, so tracks become wetter far faster than they would in real life (intentionally). You can create a custom race and set the time scale to 1x to see the "realistic" effect.

Unless someone makes a list of what colors were available at launch, we won't know. they added the jeep olive color in an update.
The Jeep olive colour was available at launch, just wrongly assigned to BAC. A few colours were wrongly assigned, such as Honda's Championship White under Abarth.
The BRZ colors are probably all available already as Toyota colors, except for WR Blue Pearl which would be available in the Subaru colors.
Good point about the BRZ colours. It's not like it's even a vitally important thing. I just thought tonight, I wonder if the new colours are added with the cars so I checked and they weren't there.

Whaaaaat?! I'm at the final menu book with the WTC800 Gt Series and haven't done it yet because I need a good chunk of time to knock it out. That's the reason for the music! Mind blown.

Thank you very much you kind person!
It's always fun when new people discover this musical disaster. It was raged about every few posts for weeks on the bugs thread for a while.

I’m lucky! I was on holiday from work in the first week of GT7 so finished the last 3 or 4 menu books in one sitting so didn’t get a chance to notice Chariots of Fire! 😂

Guard Red for the Carrera GT hasn't been available since launch.

It's always fun when new people discover this musical disaster. It was raged about every few posts for weeks on the bugs thread for a while.
I guess my brain is wired a bit different because I figured this out about the third time I went back into the World Map. :lol: It never played prior to Menu Book 39 becoming available so I figured it was tied to the last Book.

So apparently the An-225 in SSRX has been replaced with C-5/C-17, probably because of one particular conflict:

Well that's sad. I was fine with seeing an actual aircraft there but its back to the GT Sport hodgepodge I guess :(

There is definitely a new animation for winning high money in roulette tickets. I won 30k and there was a shiny effect when it stopped on it.

Don't know if it's been like this already, never won anything higher than 10k until now.

Latest Posts

Back