Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.13)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 194 comments
I know but a most software tends to just use GB when they should use GiB
Fair, but you're either saying the install size is 108.9 GB and listing it incorrectly, or you're saying that it's 101.421 GB and have converted it?

Not massively helpful for anyone on here by listing it as GiB.

Last edited:
Fair, but you're either saying the install size is 108.9 GB and listing it incorrectly, or you're saying that it's 101.421 GB and have converted it?

Not massively helpful for anyone on here by listing it as GiB.
I would suspect that the PS5 uses the wrong units, just like Windows does.

I suspect all turbo race cars have it now, but I need to check.
Will report back here. EDIT: Only the Supra and GT-R GT500 have it.

Only at the Spa 24h layout tho.

I can confirm the anti-lag sounds now also work on the R32.

They were missing prior to the update with the Race Exhaust, manifold and High RPM Turbo.

20970371187952485.jpg

Thanks for this whole discussion on weather/rain. It helped me sort things out in my own head. I think the confusion stems from a lot of articles talking about dynamic weather not being on all tracks. However, strictly speaking, dynamic weather is simply any change in the weather. Even if it goes from clear skies to partly cloudy, that is dynamic weather. And as far as I can tell, dynamic weather exists on most (if not all tracks). The weather component that DOESN'T exist on all tracks is rain. So at spa, if it is a long enough race, it could go from clear to cloudy to rainy to drizzle to clear to rain again. But at a track where there is no rain - you'll still get dynamic weather going from clear to partly cloudy to thick clouds with the associated changes in track temps and grip, but it won't rain.

The other thing I was confused about was the day-night cycle. The only tracks where it can go from day-night-day again-night again and so on are Sarthe, Nurb 24 and now Spa 24. All other tracks can go from day-night (but once it gets to night, that's it. it wont become day again).

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above.
My quoted post isn’t 100% accurate on the following points:

1. As others have pointed out, there are more tracks with a full day/night than just the 3 listed in my post. I haven’t verified this myself.

2. On a track that DOESN’T have a full day/night, I’m wondering if the TOD at the track just cycles through all the available options for TOD at that track rather than just getting dark and staying dark. We spent quite a bit of time at St. Croix Layout B last night and started the race in the evening. It continued to get darker (but never pitch black), and then started to get lighter.

I’ll have to investigate some more.

I dont know if is just placebo but I notice fps improvements on PS4: on race and replays, It rare to encounter drops, not like was before (nothing critical but was there).
On the new "24h" at Spa I got a lot more framerate drops than when I raced there on the daily two weeks ago.

Maybe the number is cars is different, or the calculations of the dynamic weather...

The BoP stats for the Alfa Romeo 155 GR.4 changed.

-1.12 : 322BHP 1210KG ~595PP

1.13 : 330BHP 1610KG 619.04PP

+8BHP -50KG

I dont have a screenshot that shows the old BoP Stats, but i used this car over 30 times in Sportmode. Thats why i noticed the changes.

The BoP stats for the Alfa Romeo 155 GR.4 changed.

-1.12 : 322BHP 1210KG ~595PP

1.13 : 330BHP 1610KG 619.04PP

+8BHP -50KG

I dont have a screenshot that shows the old BoP Stats, but i used this car over 30 times in Sportmode. Thats why i noticed the changes.
I think your 1.13 weight figure is off. 😉

View attachment 1142194
Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For every update released, there is the potential for changes not listed in the initial patch notes. Please report any undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible, either through videos or images.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

View attachment 1142196
View attachment 1142197
View attachment 1142198
View attachment 1142199

Documented Changes

Update (1.13)​

1. Cars
 - The following three new cars have been added:
  ・ Subaru BRZ GT300 ’21 (Purchasable at Brand Central)
  ・ Subaru BRZ S ’21 (Purchasable at Brand Central)
  ・ Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) ’91 (Purchasable from 26 April at the Used Cars dealership.)

2. Tracks
 - Spa-Francorchamps 24h Layout has been added.

3. World Circuits
 - The following three events have been added at Spa-Francorchamps:
  ・European Sunday Cup 500
  ・Japanese Clubman Cup 550
  ・World Touring Car 800

4. Scapes
 - The "Gassho-style Houses in Ainokura" and "Cherry Blossoms at Night" locations have been added to the featured section of Scapes;
 - A slideshow option has been added to Auto-Demo.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Title Screen
 -"Topic News" is now shown in the centre of the screen.

2. Used Cars Dealership
 - A "New" label is now displayed for new cars available to buy that day;
 - The Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) ’91 will be on sale from 26 April as the "HOT" car.

3. Legend Cars Dealership
 - A "New Stock" label is now displayed for new cars available to buy that day.

4. Garage
 - "Wide Body" is now displayed on all cars in your garage that have been modified with a wide body;
 - An engine start-up sound now plays when changing cars.

5. Race Screen
 - For races with time limits, moved the remaining time display to the center of the screen and adjusted the design.

6. Rival Cars (AI)
 - Adjusted the driving line of rival cars at the Nürburgring.

7. Sport
 - It is now possible to enter some events by renting Event-Specified Cars, or with Garage Cars;
 - Videos are now played before the Finals of the Nations Cup and Manufacturers Cup.
 - The following information is now displayed in the Event Screen displayed before each race:
  ・Tire Wear Rate
  ・Fuel Consumption Rate
  ・Temperature
  ・Start Type
  ・Required Tires (Only displayed if set)
  ・Required Pit Stop (Only displayed if set)
 - A racing etiquette video is now played when entering Sport mode for the first time. This video introduces important driving recommendations for competing in races;
 - Added a "Race Details" screen. The following information can be checked from the "Race Details" icon on the right of the race entry screen.
  ・Basic Information
  ・Qualifying Settings
  ・Race Settings
  ・Penalty Settings
  ・Driving Option Restrictions
  ・Regulations

8. Livery Editor
 - Added a "Default Decal Color" in Editor Settings. "White" or "Newest Color Used" are now selectable and by selecting Newest Color Used the newest color that was last used will be selected.

9. Replay
 - Added the option to filter by genre or artist when selecting a Music Replay song;
 - For new replays, it is now possible to fast forward to the next lap.

10. Car Settings
 - Fixed an issue wherein the name of a Settings Sheet would disappear;
 - Fixed a Performance Points (PP) issue that would occur due to a Power Restrictor adjustment;
 - Fixed an issue wherein Performance Points (PP) would not be added correctly if certain settings or operations were performed. (The Performance Points may not calculate correctly in certain conditions such as if high-grip tires are added to some cars.)

11. Car Behavior
 - Adjusted the geometry calculations algorithm for the suspension. This has resulted in improved traction for rear-wheel drive cars and lessened reactions to weight transfer;
 - Adjusted the relationship between the controller inputs (Analogue stick, R2 button, Accelerator pedal on a steering wheel controller) and the position of the throttle.
 - Adjusted the steering speed of the analogue stick;
 - Adjusted the force feedback in the following steering wheel controllers:
  ・Fanatec® Podium
  ・Fanatec® GT DD Pro
  ・Fanatec® GT DD Pro + BoostKit

- Adjusted the brake pressure control for all four brakes when entering a corner. As a result, the braking distance is reduced in general;

12. Settings (Controller Settings)
 - The strength of the trigger effect can now be adjusted from the Quick Menu displayed during a race, or from [Settings] > [Controller Settings] in the Pause Menu. Trigger effect 1P (Accelerator) and Trigger effect 1P (Brakes) can both be set to Off, Weak or Strong;
 - Changed the upper limit of the Controller Steering Speed Correction from 7 to 10 in [Settings] > [Controller Settings] > [Controller Steering Sensitivity] in the race Quick Menu, and Pause Menu.

13. Settings (Sound Volume)
 - The following eight sound options can now be adjusted from [Settings] > [Sound Volume] in the race Quick Menu and Pause Menu:
 ・ Race Sound Mode (Balanced BGM and Sound / Enhanced Sound / Race BGM Focus)
 ・ Play Race BGM (On / Off)
 ・ Race BGM (Volume)
 ・ Race Sound Effects (Volume)
 ・ Player Engine Noise (Volume)
 ・ Transmission Noise (Volume)
 ・ Tyre Squeals (Volume)
 ・ Rivals Engine Noise (Volume)

14. GT Auto
 - Fixed an issue wherein it would be possible to perform an oil change on a car that didn't require one.

15. Cars
 - Fixed various issues with the following four cars:
  ・Honda Fit Hybrid '14: the car's body color would not be applied to some parts on the underside;
  ・Jeep Willys MB '45: the interior paint would not be applied when set;
  ・Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition (FK8) '20: the decal graphic would become distorted when the decal was added from [Custom Parts] > [Front] > [Type A] in the livery editor;
  ・Ferrari 458 Italia '09: the number decal would appear distorted when added to a car with a wide body modification.

Undocumented Changes
  • Adjustable Event and Penalty settings have been added to Time Trial.
  • Smoke from severe crashes have been adjusted.
  • Anti-Lag System has been added to the Toyota Supra GT500.
  • New animations have been added for pit stop sequences.
  • It is now possible to use more tire compounds in the World Tour Challenge 700 Event.
  • The Song "GT" by AKIHISA YAMAGUCHI has had its name corrected to "Cube".
  • The artist "TRACKS OF DREAM" has been corrected to "NORIHITO SUMITOMO"
  • The Lexus "PETRONAS TOM'S SC430" has renamed "SC430 GT500"
  • World Tour Challenge 700 at Circuit De La Sarthe event card has been corrected to properly display 30 Minutes instead of 8 laps.
  • The countdown timer on a timed race has moved from above the MFD to top centre of the screen.

The stock pp for the radical has jumped from 521 to 544 following the update...

I thought there was another update at the end of April as well with new cars and a new track
That's what we got the other day, 3 new cars the Suzuki Cappacuino, BRZ '21 and the GT300 BRZ. The new track is the 24HR layout of Spa with the alternate pit exit road.

Is it unlikey there will be anything else at the end of this week, all they said previously was an update before the end of April, they just releaised it on the 25th rather than wait till end of the week.

That's what we got the other day, 3 new cars the Suzuki Cappacuino, BRZ '21 and the GT300 BRZ. The new track is the 24HR layout of Spa with the alternate pit exit road.

Is it unlikey there will be anything else at the end of this week, all they said previously was an update before the end of April, they just releaised it on the 25th rather than wait till end of the week.
Ok

PP changes are literally listed in the patch notes and it affects every car in the game
I'd seen the patch notes but didn't realise every car was affected ? I've still got plenty of cars tuned for various events that are still under the limit for those races, whereas I noticed the Radical as it is now over the 550 limit I'd tuned it for one of the endurance events.

I'd seen the patch notes but didn't realise every car was affected ? I've still got plenty of cars tuned for various events that are still under the limit for those races, whereas I noticed the Radical as it is now over the 550 limit I'd tuned it for one of the endurance events.
It said so in the manual from the beginning...

"As PP is a simulated performance rating, it is subject to change with game updates that adjust the performance rating system."

"As PP is a simulated performance rating, it is subject to change with game updates that adjust the performance

"As PP is a simulated performance rating, it is subject to change with game updates that adjust the performance rating system."
I'm new here, so thanks for the clarification...

On the new "24h" at Spa I got a lot more framerate drops than when I raced there on the daily two weeks ago.

Maybe the number is cars is different, or the calculations of the dynamic weather...
I’m on PS4 Slim. Spa has been choppy from the get go.

Ok that explains it then. 🤦‍♂️ I have indeed been looking at these with the default amount of laps selected (which is really low). I didn’t know it was dependant on the amount of laps (which in the end makes sense of course).

Ignore my previous posts. ☺️
@anthonyfa18 Sorry, I couldn't quote your comment, I don't know why. The 24H Spa does have dynamic weather. Here's proof, it's a video I found on Youtube, the race starts with a dry track, starts raining at night and later it stops:

Back