Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.16)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 68 comments
List of cars with fixed random rival selection (officially was for the GR010), via RacondHa/EncounterGTR:

Alpine A220 Race Car '68
AMG Mercedes CLK-LM '98 (via /r/GT)
Aston Martin DB5 '64
Autobianchi A112 Abarth '85
BMW 3.0 CSL '71
BMW M3 '89
Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 '19
DMC Delorean S2 '04
Ferrari 308 GTB '75
Ferrari F8 Tributo '19
Ford Mustang Boss 429 '69
Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Prestige Package '22
Genesis G70 GR4
Genesis X GR3
Honda Civic Type R '97
Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition (FK8) '20
Honda Integra Type R '95
Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo Roadster
Mazda RX-VISION '15
MAZDA RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT Stealth Model (not the regular model)
Mercedes-AMG C 63 S '15
Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series '20
Mercedes-Benz 300 SL (W194) '52
Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car
Nissan Z Performance '23
Plymouth Superbird '70
Porsche 917 LIVING LEGEND
Porsche Spyder type 550/1500RS '55
Porsche Vision Gran Turismo
Subaru BRZ GT300 '21
Subaru BRZ S '21
Suzuki Cappuccino '91
Suzuki Swift Sport '17
Suzuki Swift Sport KATANA Edition Gr.4
Suzuki Vision Gran Turismo
Toyota Celica GT-Four (ST205) '94
Toyota GR Yaris RZ '20
Toyota GR010 HYBRID '21 (officially)
Toyota GR86 RZ '21

Additionally, this was in 1.15, but a paint chip was renamed: WRX Gr.3 FIA GTC Blue became WRX Gr.3 GTC Blue.

Last edited:
Hi, sorry if it's not the right section because it's about a documented change, but there's not any thread about the official changes of this update, so :

3. Multiplayer
 - Fixed an issue where entering a room during a race in some instances would cause the background to disappear and the game to freeze when leaving the room.

This is false, the bug is not solved, I had the black screen few minutes ago after the update, at my first attempt to join a lobby !

So, I was not able to check if there was an undocumented fix : the lag in lobbies !

Last edited:
Online time trial can only be found under sport. That you choose to call online lobbies time trials, is a mistake on your part. There are no time trials in lobbies(unfortunately).

OK, you got me, oversight on my part since I don't use sport mode.

The thing is though, you absolutely can use any "free run" lobby as a place to do online "time trials".

But due to the way lobbies work the fastest laps will be just contained within that lobby session, rather than a worldwide leaderboard.

Too much babbling. End of the day, if the odometer goes up the daily mileage should go up, like somebody else said.

Is it? They didn't mention sport mode, just online time trials. Oh well, shoulda been clearer.

The online lobby neglect continues, such a shame.

Yeah the MP is dead to me. I don't understand how they released this game in a state that is so far beyond everything gt5,6,sport offered for online racing. Really gt5 had the best online experience for custom lobbies and fun per lap in my experience. I can't believe I can't change any settings once a room is created.

Greatly improved framerate on PS4 Pro in 4K! I can finally race in high resolution without having a stroke!
I'm not sure that this is a general fix. I've been playing happily on a PS4 Pro connected to an LG 65" 4K HDR TV all along and not seeing frame rate problems. Possibly it's because the game is installed on an external SSD though.

To nitpick- it says the strength of FFB applied is the same as 1.13.

Does that mean its exactly the same, or are there other parameters that have been tweaked?

Ummm just a side note... playing with the PS4pro on a 4K TV does NOT mean that the PS4 will also send 4k to the TV. After all, you can "only" watch HD or poorer picture material on such a television... if it is of good quality and can handle these signals very well, then that's not a problem and it still looks good.
I bought a Samsung Q80R series 2 years ago and I have to say.. it can do something like that very well, for example.

And as a rule or very very certainly, an SSD has NOTHING to do with the frame rate in the game. The game files are loaded... and are then largely available in the system RAM. Then the system "calculates" almost exclusively with the data in the RAM, namely with the CPU. In a race, the performance of the HDD is of secondary importance. You "only" have the loading times of the game and the races ectr. really noticeable benefits of using an SSD.

I think there is changes with fuel consumption, there is a thread about it
Also noticed that brz drift car dropped from ~780 PP to ~715 PP, so may be other cars too

Seems like changes to the WTC 700 Le Mans. Did not get CRB for two races. One race, I only went off track(just over the white lines at the first chicane) for a .5 second penalty. The other was 3 seconds, for ignoring yellow flag. I passed a car BEFORE the yellow flag was waved on screen.
Both instances, before this update, I’d still get CRB.

Anyone notice the pit entry/exit mechanics at St.Croix change?
I was playing the Gr.1 Prototype event pre-update where you would enter the pits, reach your pitcrew almost instantly and when finished get spat out onto the track almost instantly (at the risk of being crashed into). That has now been fixed - you drive in and out normally and you take about twice as long in the pits.

Yeah the MP is dead to me. I don't understand how they released this game in a state that is so far beyond everything gt5,6,sport offered for online racing. Really gt5 had the best online experience for custom lobbies and fun per lap in my experience. I can't believe I can't change any settings once a room is created.
To be fair, GT5 & GT6 struggled mightily right out the gate w/online - GTSport was specifically for online and had least options in game of any GT ever at released w/ arguably worst physics since GT3 A-Spec.

This one has it's issues, and yes MP so far has been a big miss, but let's not paint Sport as this great game (it was patched and beefed up) Nor GT5 & GT6 as wonderful online experiences. Our league that still runs today came outta GT5

People tend to forget these things. It's similar to people whining about Tomahawk PP glitch fixed, even though you can take an LMP into Sardegna and still make `1.45mil per hour

TH8A shifter H pattern no longer works in daily races.
Was lots of fun on the gr3 and gr4 cars before being slashed from the options.
Still can use it in other races but found it a blast in daily races previously.

TH8A shifter H pattern no longer works in daily races.
Was lots of fun on the gr3 and gr4 cars before being slashed from the options.
Still can use it in other races but found it a blast in daily races previously.
I believe that was blocked already some patches ago, wasn't it?

Seems like changes to the WTC 700 Le Mans. Did not get CRB for two races. One race, I only went off track(just over the white lines at the first chicane) for a .5 second penalty. The other was 3 seconds, for ignoring yellow flag. I passed a car BEFORE the yellow flag was waved on screen.
Both instances, before this update, I’d still get CRB.

I grind on the Tokyo 600 race. I'm still getting Clean Race Bonus even with multiple "hitting the barrier" penalties, for what it's worth. (it doesn't seem possible to not get the clean race bonus on that race ... don't tell Polyphony!)

Well of course. It seems to me that MP lobbies don't get them money like everything else they are focusing on first. I imagine after about a year they MIGHT look into it...

I grind on the Tokyo 600 race. I'm still getting Clean Race Bonus even with multiple "hitting the barrier" penalties, for what it's worth. (it doesn't seem possible to not get the clean race bonus on that race ... don't tell Polyphony!)
I got a CRB for being totally clean in a third race. Used the GT3 RC F to leave the AI behind on Lap 1.
I’ve gotten CRB ever since that event was added. Seriously odd for me to not get it with those penalties. I’ve blown through chicanes, in heavy wet conditions, many times and received the CRB.
I’ve also been nudged off before the Dunlop tyre and still got CRB. Maybe PD dialled up the sensitivity. At WTC Le Mans.

Last edited:
@RACECAR Am i allowed to post an older change here ? I have noticed it since patch 1.13 at least but didn't have time to to confirm it and post about it. Also i looked up every older undocumented changes thread so far and none of them mention it.

You don't lose your Clean Race Bonus by hitting walls and other things around the track. You only lose the Clean Race Bonus if you hit the AI seriously enough to push it off the racing track or push it into the barriers, but only if the AI is on the same lap as you. If the AI is on a lap other than you, for example you're lapping it, you will not get a penalty. You can hit the walls as much as you want. It was in all previous patches too, I think it won't get patched. And I don't mind. :)

There seems to be a bug since this last update where bots will miss the pits and run out of fuel, the single bot in each race will continue to run around at minimum speed till the end of the race never pitting to refuel,
in the WTC 800 races, on Sardegna the BMW M6 & at Lago Maggiore the Ford GT Race car did the same.

There seems to be a bug since this last update where bots will miss the pits and run out of fuel, the single bot in each race will continue to run around at minimum speed till the end of the race never pitting to refuel,
in the WTC 800 races, on Sardegna the BMW M6 & at Lago Maggiore the Ford GT Race car did the same.
This has happened at Sardegna since the race was first added. At first it was Hizal's car that did it, but recently I have seen other AI cars not pitting.

You don't lose your Clean Race Bonus by hitting walls and other things around the track. You only lose the Clean Race Bonus if you hit the AI seriously enough to push it off the racing track or push it into the barriers, but only if the AI is on the same lap as you. If the AI is on a lap other than you, for example you're lapping it, you will not get a penalty. You can hit the walls as much as you want. It was in all previous patches too, I think it won't get patched. And I don't mind. :)
Also passing in a yellow flag condition will guarantee not getting CRB

Back