Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.20)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 198 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Gran Turismo 7 Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For every update released, there is the potential for changes not listed in the initial patch notes. Please report any undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible, either through videos or images.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs & Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png
Thread Icons (Engines).png

Update (1.20)​

Documented Changes

1. Cars
 - The following three new cars have been added:
  ・McLaren MP4/4 '88 (Purchasable at 'Legend Cars' from 26 August)
  ・Pontiac GTO 'The Judge' '69 (Purchasable at 'Legend Cars' from 26 August)
  ・Porsche Cayman GT4 '16 (Purchasable at 'Brand Central')

2. Dior Collaboration
 - The ‘De Tomaso Mangusta (Christian Dior)’ has been added, developed in collaboration with Dior. The 'De Tomaso Mangusta (Christian Dior)' will be purchasable in the 'Legend Cars' pavilion from 25 August. Also, when driving this car the racing suit and helmet are automatically changed to the exclusive collaboration gear versions;
 - A new special conversation regarding the De Tomaso Mangusta (Christian Dior) has been added to a Character appearing at the Café. This new conversation can be experienced by changing into this car from the 'Garage' and speaking with the Character located at the Café.

3. Tracks
 - Three new layouts have been added to the ‘Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya':
  ・Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP Layout No Chicane
  ・Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya National Layout
  ・Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Rallycross Layout

The maximum number of cars that can be on track at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Rallycross Layout is 16.

4. Café
 - The following two Extra Menus have been added:
  ・Extra Menu No. 6: ‘Collection: Abarth’ (Collector Level 27 and above);
  ・Extra Menu No. 7 ‘Collection: Gr.2 Racing Cars’ (Collector Level 38 and above);

The new Menu Books and Extra Menus will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 ('Championship: World GT Series') and having watched the ending.

5. World Circuits
 - The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
  ・Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
   - European Sunday Cup 500
   - Porsche Cup
   - World Touring Cars 600
   - World Rally Challenge

The 'European Sunday Cup 500' and 'Porsche Cup' will become available upon unlocking the 'Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya,' while the 'World Touring Cars 600' and 'World Rally Challenge' will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 ('Championship: World GT Series') and having watched the ending.

6. Scapes
 - The ‘Canadian Rockies’ location has been added as a featured Curation in Scapes.

7. Brand Central
 - A ‘GT AWARDS’ logo is now displayed on cars that won the GRAN TURISMO AWARDS SEMA (GT Awards). The logo will be displayed on the Garage top screen as well as in Brand Central.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Physics Simulation Model
 - Adjusted the suspension geometry;
 - Adjusted the simulation for tyre heat generation and wear ratio. This adjustment makes it easier to see the remaining tread;
 - Altered the simulation of the differential gear (with a Fully Customisable LSD). As a result, it's now more effective when decelerating and provides a much smoother driving performance;
 - Adjusted the Performance Points (PP) of some cars;
 - Changed the conditions for mechanical damage occurring from a collision or contact if 'Mechanical Damage' is set to ‘Light’ or Heavy’ in the race settings.

2. Controllers
 - Adjusted the performance of the wireless controller.

3. Sound
 - Adjusted the sound effects so that it is easier to hear the difference in sound between Stage 1 to 3 of the ‘Weight Reduction' modification.

4. Legend Cars
 - Legend Cars (Hagerty Collection) prices have been revised based on real-life valuations from Gran Turismo partner, Hagerty.

Hagerty provides valuations and vehicle insurance for classic cars and has sponsored some historic car events in recent years.

New prices will be applied the next time a vehicle goes on sale. The next price revision is scheduled for November 2022.

5. Race Screen
 - Fixed an issue wherein the ‘Weather Radar’ on the ‘Multi-Function Display’ would not function properly in event races with weather and time set.

6. Others
 - Various other issues have been addressed.

Undocumented Changes
 - Track limit Penalties on Sardegna 800 pp have been adjusted.
 - The Toyota GR010 Hybrid has received a PP adjustment.
 - The brakes of the Toyota GR010 have been adjusted.
 - Damage has been adjusted, making cars more sensitive when going over Sausage curbs.
 - Vibrations in Cockpit view have been greatly reduced.
 - Traction control has been adjusted, allowing for significantly less power reduction.
 - The hybrid system on the Porsche 918 has been fixed
 - Tyre wear has received an adjustment, Cars will now pull to the side when there is sufficient wear...

Last edited:
As per usual, please read the OP before posting. If you have, you will have noticed this has been added:

Thread Icons (Engines).png

So anyone wanting to post new engine swaps, please post there.
Also once again, the ability to sell cars is STILL not in the game so don't ask (Or complain about it).

Post away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this counts so apologies if not, but the De Tomaso Mangusta (Christian Dior) doesn't appear to have the Blue Book icon to show if you own it or not in Hagertys, even once you purchase it. Also don't really understand why all the release blurb doesn't list this vehicle with the other 3 new cars.

100% a change are the bumps I feel through the DS4. Down the straight of Barcelona, I never felt any road bumps at any track like this in GT Sport or this current game. It’s weird. Good, but weird. Feels like I’m actually engaged in the driving.

Ddit: As I’m racing using my TCM Camaro versus a grid of TC, cars, I feel the braking, bumps and grip of the tyres in corners.

Last edited:
Hi Everybody,

• the track limit violation Penalties on Sardegna 800 pp (Grinding ;) ) are given much more frequently and on more spots as previously - so you have to drive much better.
  • it is no more possible to go Sardegna 800pp in a Gr.1 car without tire change on RH Tyres.
  • the Toyota GR010 Hybrid is one of the PP rebalanced Cars - my Setup was now 6 pp higher as before the update.
  • the brakes of the Toyota GR010 are more powerful as before the update
  • the Toyota GR010 is now more efficient. I can go about 0.7laps more in mapping 1
  • The GR010 gets also damages slightly, when you go too fast over curbs/sausages
  • the tire gauge is not only updated as explained - it seems also to show tire pickup, my tires are more worn on the side, which more often goes close to gravel and to the track side where all the rubber lies around ...

- not sure about it ... But it seems the diamond issue when refuelling on Sardegna with missing a lap is solved. Didn't have this issue anymore.

BR K.

Last edited:
the track limit violation Penalties on Sardegna 800 pp (Grinding ;) ) are given much more frequently and on more spots as previously - so you have to drive much better.
I have never got a track limit penalty on that race, and I drive it a lot - test every Gr.3 purchase there.

It looks like the sideways "wobbling" (in cockpit view) has been massively reduced, to the point of almost being completely absent when setting it to type 1 ... or does that fall under "adjustments to suspension geometry" ?

Last edited:
Might just be me, but I don't think the tyres are actually wearing any faster than before (did the SPA race to check the weather radar fix and even though the tyres were showing significant wear I was still improving lap times on lap 7/8 due to the fuel going down), it's just that the indicator is going down much quicker. The way I read this from the patch notes is that the indicator now shows remaining tread rather than whatever it showed before? Perhaps before it was tyre grip/performance?

I have never got a track limit penalty on that race, and I drive it a lot - test every Gr.3 purchase there.
I've got it cutting the final RH bend onto the main straight (either when avoiding a slidy AI or when correcting my own slide). Otherwise never had one there.

Hi,

In the past I sometimes got a 0.5 seconds penalty, when I went to close to the inner side of the last corner (when you are completely on the grass an no more on the curbs). Never on any other part of the track. Today I got also penalties in corners 5 and I think 14. Of course - sloppy driving, but after 5/6 times of grinding it also happened in the past, to be on the grass there.

BR K

Might just be me, but I don't think the tyres are actually wearing any faster than before (did the SPA race to check the weather radar fix and even though the tyres were showing significant wear I was still improving lap times on lap 7/8 due to the fuel going down), it's just that the indicator is going down much quicker. The way I read this from the patch notes is that the indicator now shows remaining tread rather than whatever it showed before? Perhaps before it was tyre grip/performance?
Hi,
They can also have just changed the setting of this only race. The tire wear gauge was completely red and the car become massively understeering. Haven't yet tested it on any other track due to lack of time.

What I have forgotten to note:
- the AI is driving differently as before, bit I have no idea, if it is strategy or something else. Usually the Viper becomes 2nd or 3rd after me - now the Viper was never better then 5th, while the NSX was always 2nd after me.

BR K.

Hi,
They can also have just changed the setting of this only race. The tire wear gauge was completely red and the car become massively understeering. Haven't yet tested it on any other track due to lack of time.

What I have forgotten to note:
- the AI is driving differently as before, bit I have no idea, if it is strategy or something else. Usually the Viper becomes 2nd or 3rd after me - now the Viper was never better then 5th, while the NSX was always 2nd after me.

BR K.
Yes, I also noticed the AI was a little different. One other thing I noticed is that TC seems to be quite different as well. TC1 now seems to reduce power significantly less which actually makes it quite useful for driving in the wet. For me at least 😁.

I've got it cutting the final RH bend onto the main straight (either when avoiding a slidy AI or when correcting my own slide). Otherwise never had one there.
I had a pretty sloppy run on purpose to make sure CRB didn't get adjusted. It did not. I definitely saw a change in tire wear and AI performace as noted by others.

I run wide on that bend pretty much every lap (never cut it on the inside) - that's where I'd expect there to be track limits.

The Mazda 787B I use for Lemans WTC700 30 Minute race is now suffering high tyre wear whereas before it would do 7 laps no problem. Even though they showed a 60-70% wear at the end, I didn't notice the grip tailing off, if anything the tyres felt slightly better throughout the race than previously. The AI cars seemed a bit faster on Normal than before but that might just be me being a bit rusty.

Update: Sorry did not fully read the update notes that tyre wear physics have been addressed. I did also notice my car's PP had edged over the 600PP but this is also in the update notes.

Last edited:
The Mazda 787B I use for Lemans WTC700 30 Minute race is now suffering high tyre wear whereas before it would do 7 laps no problem. Even though they showed a 60-70% wear at the end, I didn't notice the grip tailing off, if anything the tyres felt slightly better throughout the race than previously. The AI cars seemed a bit faster on Normal than before but that might just be me being a bit rusty.
As you noted yourself, the grip isn't affected as the tyres aren't actually wearing more or faster. The visual indicator has just changed to be more representative.

Looks like the Used Car Dealership colors have been fixed!
I see a silver Miata, yellow Stratos, grey Celica, etc.
We'll see if that is a one-time fix or a more-permanent one. The mileages, and thus prices, haven't changed. The entire UCD system has been bugged since 5/30.

Hi Everybody,

• the track limit violation Penalties on Sardegna 800 pp (Grinding ;) ) are given much more frequently and on more spots as previously - so you have to drive much better.
  • it is no more possible to go Sardegna 800pp in a Gr.1 car without tire change on RH Tyres.
  • the Toyota GR010 Hybrid is one of the PP rebalanced Cars - my Setup was now 6 pp higher as before the update.
  • the brakes of the Toyota GR010 are more powerful as before the update
  • the Toyota GR010 is now more efficient. I can go about 0.7laps more in mapping 1
  • The GR010 gets also damages slightly, when you go too fast over curbs/sausages
  • the tire gauge is not only updated as explained - it seems also to show tire pickup, my tires are more worn on the side, which more often goes close to gravel and to the track side where all the rubber lies around ...

- not sure about it ... But it seems the diamond issue when refuelling on Sardegna with missing a lap is solved. Didn't have this issue anymore.

BR K.
Good info, thanks for sharing.

Any impact on the Clean Bonus?

It looks like the sideways "wobbling" (in cockpit view) has been massively reduced, to the point of almost being completely absent when setting it to type 1 ... or does that fall under "adjustments to suspension geometry" ?
Yes, it has been smoothed. I could even say it's been 'fixed'. It was very uncomfortable visually.

Latest Posts

Back