Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.34)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 96 comments
Manual shifting animations seem to be synched better now. No more (or few) delay in your driver shifting and getting his hands back on the wheel in replays.
He's also no longer one-handing half a lap, before grabbing the wheel with both hands anymore.
That's good to know! That was quite annoying in VR...
I'll try it as soon as I can get my kid away from the ps5

Has anyone tested whether the Audi RS 5 Turbo DTM has an actual refueling animation yet?

I can check it later if not.

Edit: Just checked and the answer is no.

Last edited:
Should be considered udocumented that the car part "Weight Reduction stage 4" is located under the "Racing" tag category in the tuning shop?

Manual shifting animations seem to be synched better now. No more (or few) delay in your driver shifting and getting his hands back on the wheel in replays.
He's also no longer one-handing half a lap, before grabbing the wheel with both hands anymore.
It feels exactly the same as it was to me before the patch, I'm noticing nothing different. Tested with the D-Type & GR86, seems the same to me. If anything changed I don't notice it

Edit: I misread that you said it applied in replays. I didn't check that, only in race in VR.

Last edited:
I don't know if it is a bug, but we can purchase the weight reduction stage 5 without the need to do the stages 1 to 4.

When doing individual TT's in SP mode, an icon displaying what tires you were using for that time is displayed on the "overall times" board

When doing individual TT's in SP mode, an icon displaying what tires you were using for that time is displayed on the "overall times" board
Already brought up by someone else.

Has anyone seen the issue where an AI driver refused to pit for refueling? It was happening to me almost every Tokyo race last patch where I'd have to dodge that idiot, almost cost me CRB once haha. So far after a couple it hasn't happened, hope it's fixed.

Also, I still really have not noticed any difference in the shifting animation in manuals, but it could be just me. Still think it feels the exact same in game, not really sure that anything changed.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the issue where an AI driver refused to pit for refueling? It was happening to me almost every Tokyo race last patch where I'd have to dodge that idiot, almost cost me CRB once haha. So far after a couple it hasn't happened, hope it's fixed.

From what I remember, this has been an issue for a very long time (Not just at Tokyo apparently as some videos showed).
Also, I still really have not noticed any difference in the shifting animation in manuals, but it could be just me. Still think it feels the exact same in game, not really sure that anything changed.
Can you show a video with this? Would like to have some finite visual showing whether it or not has changed.

From what I remember, this has been an issue for a very long time (Not just at Tokyo apparently as some videos showed).

Can you show a video with this? Would like to have some finite visual showing whether it or not has changed.
Here's a kinda crappy video, I was looking at the shifter knob most of the lap but forgot that the 2D recording doesn't track your eyes, only the physical center of the viewport, so it's shaky and not looking where my eyes were unless I made an effort to turn my head down to the left.

But you can see the driver's hand was on the shifter basically the entire lap around Brands Hatch.

Also man, the speed indicator on this car is awful lol.

EDIT - here's another of me driving in second where he doesn't put his hand on the wheel until I snap it.

Last edited:
To my understanding with the Stage 5 weight reduction you could always bypass any/all 1-4 stages. I only ever got them after installing all prior stages though so cannot confirm firsthand.
Got it! I never won a stage 5 weight reduction from the roulette, even though I have a few cars with stages 1 to 4 installed, so I never noticed this before.

In sports mode the qualifying session option has now been moved right next to option to start race. Pressed it a couple of times now when trying to change cars which used to be there

Here's a kinda crappy video, I was looking at the shifter knob most of the lap but forgot that the 2D recording doesn't track your eyes, only the physical center of the viewport, so it's shaky and not looking where my eyes were unless I made an effort to turn my head down to the left.

But you can see the driver's hand was on the shifter basically the entire lap around Brands Hatch.

Also man, the speed indicator on this car is awful lol.

EDIT - here's another of me driving in second where he doesn't put his hand on the wheel until I snap it.

Driver avatar is still working on his one-hand-steer skills for me
Sounds like according to multiple people, it hasn't really changed so its been removed unless I see something that does prove said change is real. OP updated.

rollcage doesnt block your rear view in cockpit view anymore, well it doesnt in the 67 Alfa 👍

Last edited:
rollcage doesnt block your rear view in cockpit view anymore, well it doesnt in the 67 Alfa 👍
Because the camera sits ahead (or behind?) it, if you compare what you can see from looking back to where the rollcage is you'll understand :D

The Alphard far chase cam has been fixed. It doesn't block the view anymore. Other cars that have issues with chase cams aren't fixed.

Before:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20230403100301.jpg

After:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20230527094130.jpg

Can someone please take their new R32 GT-R Nismo '90 around a track in cockpit view and tell me I'm not crazy from hearing a little jingle when it reaches certain speeds?

Edit: 65mph and up to be exact.
This because in Japan the national speed limit was 100km/h.
So the chime was there to give drivers a warning.
The RX-7 has it as does the AE86

Noticed the rain drops effect on the DS5 has either gone completely or significantly reduced. I can’t tell if it’s on or not. I think the feedback I’m getting is just the road surface and bumps.

I think the Le Mans 700 clean race bonus is more strict than before. I did a race last night got a 3 second penalty and I didn’t get the bonus. The car I passed was sliding off the track from wet weather. Did not get a yellow at that point of passing. I must of went too far off the line.

The AI did make contact with me at the beginning they touched the side of my car twice. I finished 2 and a half minutes ahead.

Second race I went very cautiously to avoid any penalties. AI still nudged the side of my car and I ran wide a couple times but slowed right down before rejoining and zero penalties and got the race bonus. With 2 and a half minutes ahead.

Latest Posts

Back