Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.35)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 58 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Gran Turismo 7 Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For every update released, there is the potential for changes not listed in the initial patch notes. Please report any undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible, either through videos or images.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs & Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png
Thread Icons (Engines).png

Update (1.35)​

Documented Changes

1. Cars
 - The following three new cars have been added:
  ・Aston Martin Valkyrie '21
  ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR '95 (available for purchase at Used Cars)
  ・Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '04 (available for purchase at Used Cars)

- A new livery has been added for the following car:
  ・Lexus RC F GT3 '17

2. World Circuits
 - The following new events have been added to World Circuits:
  ・Fisherman's Ranch
   - Japanese 4WD Challenge 600
  ・Circuit de Sainte-Croix
   - Hypercar Parade
  ・Red Bull Ring
   - Japanese 4WD Challenge 600
  ・Autopolis
   - World Touring Cars 800

3. Music Rally
 - The following six events have been added to Music Rally:
  ・Good Old Days (Classixx Remix)
  ・DRIFT
  ・Marechia (With Célia Kameni)
  ・Hooked on America
  ・Life's Coming in Slow
  ・Moon Over the Castle GT7 version

4. Scapes
 - "Monterey" and "Field of Flowers" have been added as featured Curations in Scapes.

5. Café
 - The following two Extra Menus have been added:
  ・Extra Menu No. 24: Collection: Subaru WRX (Collector Level 26 and above)
  ・Extra Menu No. 25: Collection: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (Collector Level 30 and above)

- We have also added new sets of conversations with the Car Designers and Characters appearing in the Café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing to the following cars in Garage and speaking with the Characters in the Café

CHARACTERS
   - Chris
    ・Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce '67

- Jeremy
    ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR '95
    ・Nissan GT-R NISMO (R32) '90

- Stella
    ・Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '04

6. Brand Central
 - New Museum section for "Fanatec" has been added for Europe.

7. GT Auto
 - Car Customization
  ・"Fanatec" has been added to the pre-set decals in the Livery Editor.
  ・Thirteen "Real Car Paint" colors have been added to Paint Color.

- Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps have been added for the following cars (unlocked at Collector Level 50):
  ・Alpine A110 Première Édition '17
  ・Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07
  ・Nissan GT-R NISMO (R32) '90
  ・Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32) '94
  ・Nissan Z Performance '23

8. Sport
 - Rewards will now be awarded at the end of a season based on the player's final ranking. Once the final ranking has been confirmed, eligible players may access their rewards by entering Sport mode. This reward will start with the Gran Turismo World Series 2023 - Manufacturers Cup.

9. Multiplayer
 - "Settings Options" has been added to the Room Settings in Lobby mode. When the B"oP/Tuning Prohibited" is set to On, the "Allowed" and "Prohibited" settings can be applied freely with this option.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Physics Simulation Model
 - We adjusted the effect of the Brake while Auto-Drive.

2. Cars
 - We fixed an issue in which adding wide body modifications would cause visual aberrations in liveries around the front end in the following cars:
  ・Alpine A110 '72

- We changed the overtake indicator display for the following vehicles with boost functions such as KERS:
  ・Dodge SRT Tomahawk GTS-R VGT
  ・Dodge SRT Tomahawk S VGT
  ・Dodge SRT Tomahawk X VGT
  ・Infiniti Concept VGT
  ・Lexus LF-LC GT VGT
  ・Nissan NISSAN CONCEPT 2020 VGT
  ・Toyota FT-1 VGT

- We adjusted the motor gear ratio in the following cars:
  ・Lamborghini Lambo V12 VGT

3. World Circuits
 - We fixed an issue in Custom Race in which loading saved race settings that included cars prohibited from racing in dirt would allow said cars to be used on Dirt tracks.

4. Café
 - Cars yet to be obtained now display their availability status in the Extra Menu list.

5. GT Auto
 - The engine start-up sound now plays after performing an Engine Swap in Car Maintenance & Service.

6. Sport
 - Entry screens now display the Wall Collision Penalty setting under Penalty Settings.

7. Race Screen
 - The pit-in menu during races now displays required tries and previously used tire types.

8. Sound
 - The following tracks have been added to the list of BGM that may have copyright restrictions when streaming. These tracks will not be played when Broadcast Mode is turned on:
  ・Bizcochito / Rosalía
  ・I Don't Care / Major Lazer featuring Lous and the Yakuza
  ・Unstoppable / Kim Dracula
  ・Baby It's You (George Fitzgerald Remix) / London Grammar
  ・Life's Coming in Slow / Nothing But Thieves
  ・VROOM / The FaNatTiX feat. Idris Elba, Davido, Koffee, Moelogo and Lil Tjay
  ・SQUAD / Disciples and GoldLink
  ・DRIFT / Jawsh685 + Click & Press

9. Controllers
 - We adjusted the steering sensitivity of the left stick and directional buttons when using a wireless controller.

10. PlayStation®VR2
 - We fixed an issue in which using PlayStation®VR2 in "2P Split Screen" mode would cause VR replay to unintentionally play after the race.

11. Localization
 - We fixed various text localization issues.

Undocumented Changes

• Garage cars can no longer be used in Offline Time Trial.
  • The time trial prize money icon in the main menu has been changed from a medal to a gift box.
  • Open lobbies now display the type of start used in the race.
  • When leaving the pits at Tokyo Expressway East and then pressing pause to auto-drive, players will no longer hit the wall.
  • In player lobbies, refueling can now be seen live with competitors when they enter the pits.
  • The Ferrari's FXXK's "fully customizable" LSD can now be customized.
  • Songs in "Brand Central" no longer play when Broadcast Mode is enabled.

Last edited:
So in an interesting twist for a few days, I will actually be away beginning Friday night for the weekend so I will not be able to make updates to the thread as frequently as I usually do when I can. I will be able to see the thread on mobile, but there's no real telling how the internet will be and while I technically can edit on mobile, its not as..natural per se (Especially with the way I like to format things via PC). Instead, I'll give your posts likes if its something that hasn't be added and has some proof as well either backed up by others or using photos or video. Just a heads up.

Anyhow, post whatever changes you find not documented in the patch notes. Any discovery of Bugs or glitches, physics changes or Engine swaps specifically should be posted in the appropreate threads listed in the OP:

1688020006958.png

And now you may post.

Last edited:
So in an interesting twist for a few days, I will actually be away beginning Friday night for the weekend so I will not be able to make updates to the thread as frequently as I usually do when I can. I will be able to see the thread on mobile, but there's no real telling how the internet will be and while I technically can edit on mobile, its not as..natural per se (Especially with the way I like to format things via PC). Instead, I'll give your posts likes if its something that hasn't be added and has some proof as well either backed up by others or using photos or video. Just a heads up.
Have a good vacation.

"Overtake" icon on cars that have DRS or boost functions that goes red when the overtake/boost button is pressed.
Also documented:

2. Cars

- We changed the overtake indicator display for the following vehicles with boost functions such as KERS:
  ・Dodge SRT Tomahawk GTS-R VGT
  ・Dodge SRT Tomahawk S VGT
  ・Dodge SRT Tomahawk X VGT
  ・Infiniti Concept VGT
  ・Lexus LF-LC GT VGT
  ・Nissan NISSAN CONCEPT 2020 VGT
  ・Toyota FT-1 VGT

Extra Menu now let’s players know if the cars are available or out of stock
View attachment 1269046
Its pretty cool they added that
+1 Btw, when you click on the menu it takes it a step further and displays where its being sold.

Does anyone know what the “minimum collector levels” are for both the new EM24 & EM25? Adding to a spreadsheet but doesn’t display unless you’re below it

IMG_5441.png

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the “minimum collector levels” are for both the new EM24 & EM25? Adding to a spreadsheet but doesn’t display unless you’re below it
Yes, it's in the patch notes in the first post.

Tree'd. Missed that @tankuroded put what I had upthread.

Not quite explicitly mentioned - the mentioned motor update in the Lambo V12 VGT upped its PP from 790.16 PP to 792.71 PP.

Last edited:
I found this. They've removed the option to manually enter the course in online lobbies. It's the same thing as the meeting place. A weird change from PD... :confused::confused:
Gran Turismo® 7_20230630000628.jpg

Fuel consumption seems to have increased for some cars...I had to save an extra lap worth of fuel as I was grinding Tokyo. I have notes for each of my settings telling which fuel map to use and if short shifting is necessary...I followed the note but still lacked a lot of fuel at the end.

I haven't done Tokyo in a while though, so this could be a change from another update earlier.

Last edited:
Fuel consumption seems to have increased for some cars...I had to save an extra lap worth of fuel as I was grinding Tokyo. I have notes for each of my settings telling which fuel map to use and if short shifting is necessary...I followed the note but still lacked a lot of fuel at the end.

I haven't done Tokyo in a while though, so this could be a change from another update earlier.
I don't remember the specifics, but PD have definitely increased the tyre/fuel multipliers on that specific race in a couple of previous updates.

Back