Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.36/1.37)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 104 comments
Before the Lexus logo was like this
Gran-Turismo%E2%84%A2-7_20220304154547.jpg

Last edited:
The old logo is still on the description page. Havent checked the other manufacturers to see if those logos changed on that page as well.

Posted about an issue where using PS5 captures the inputs to the capture menu were also being picked up in the game. Did a capture yesterday and they seemed to have fixed the issue

Original post:
Post in thread 'What did you do in GT7 today?'
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/what-did-you-do-in-gt7-today.405061/post-14061109
I guess you were pressing a certain button when you opened the capture menu, and you were still pressing the button.
Stop inputting after the menu opened, and any input wouldn't affect the game itself.

I haven't checked the paint colors in probably 4 or 5 updates but new colors from Alfa Romeo, Jaguar, Toyota, Porsche and Mercedes came out. I don't know when they came out as I bought up all the paint colors some time ago, but there were about 8-10 new ones.

License test S-1 using PSVR2: On the opening straight I can move and turn my head any direction I want and as far as I want. On the flat turns, though, any head movement at all results in the green grid showing up.

Somewhere in the updates they adjusted the times to the circuit experiences. I'm trying g to gold them all and noticed that my previous silver time at Le Mans Sector 5 of 38.981 is now good enough to be gold, but doesn't qualify because I got it before they changed the time. I'm pretty sure I got this time after the v1.31 update.

20230906_224923.jpg

And my silver full lap time of 3:20.823 is good enough for gold with the time being 3:22.

Here is an undocumented change, the updated background of the Goodwood circuit and the screenshot below when I was doing the Aston Martin DB5 time trial I noticed that the Big Barn like building is missing at this turn. I have not been to the Goodwood circuit in a while but I do remember that building in the background of this turn it's no longer there and I searched all the replays I could find and it's missing in those also. Does anyone remember that building besides me?20230908_004002.jpg

Somewhere in the updates they adjusted the times to the circuit experiences. I'm trying g to gold them all and noticed that my previous silver time at Le Mans Sector 5 of 38.981 is now good enough to be gold, but doesn't qualify because I got it before they changed the time. I'm pretty sure I got this time after the v1.31 update.

View attachment 1285680

And my silver full lap time of 3:20.823 is good enough for gold with the time being 3:22.
This was a documented change in version 1.31 on 30th March.

Here is an undocumented change, the updated background of the Goodwood circuit and the screenshot below when I was doing the Aston Martin DB5 time trial I noticed that the Big Barn like building is missing at this turn. I have not been to the Goodwood circuit in a while but I do remember that building in the background of this turn it's no longer there and I searched all the replays I could find and it's missing in those also. Does anyone remember that building besides me?View attachment 1285872
The buildings are there in a race (they're grandstands) but not in time trials.

Last edited:

View attachment 1285680

That happened to me at Sardegna. I was able to get within 2 tenths of my old record but just stopped out of frustration after getting gold with a slower time. Overall I don't think the 1.30-1.31 physics change makes a difference now, particularly not when it comes to a single player having a different color trophy and a million credits more available to them. Wipe the leader boards if you want, but what goes on in single player stays in single player.
I'm a D rated driver and could have smoked the old gold lap time at Sardegna under new physics. In fact, I probably have smoked it in the grind given that my fastest race there was 25:51 and change.
It's a matter of learning where and in which direction you insert the car into certain corners. At Least Mans the most critical points are the chicanes on the Mulsanne, you need to enter them with the car on the outside curb facing crossways away from the straight, then cut your apex hard and hit the gas.

Back