Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.36/1.37)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 104 comments
I dunno if this counts as an undocumented change but the livery for the 2018 Nismo GT-R from the Gran Turimso movie is also added to brand central for this GTR in the dealership so if you don't claim the free one in time before the in game tab promotion ends you can purchase it from Brand Central.

Last edited:
I dunno if this counts as an undocumented change but the livery for the 2018 Nismo GT-R from the Gran Turimso movie is also added to brand central for this GTR in the dealership so if you don't claim the free one in time before the in game tab promotion ends you can purchase it from Brand Central.
It’s in the patch notes so not undocumented

IMG_1447.jpeg

Am I wrong or is the speed of the weather about 3000km/h in the WTC800 Spa race??

2 grid blocks are 100km and it takes about two minutes for a point to cross that distance on the map so...

if it takes two minutes to cross 100km, you could do 3000km in an hour.

The legend is in km, right?

Am I wrong or is the speed of the weather about 3000km/h in the WTC800 Spa race??

2 grid blocks are 100km and it takes about two minutes for a point to cross that distance on the map so...

if it takes two minutes to cross 100km, you could do 3000km in an hour.

The legend is in km, right?
The legend depends on whether you use metric or imperial but it says it on the scale.

The weather moves relative to the race time. So the spa race is 24hr and sped up to fit 1h, so moves at 24x the speed it should i.e. a 100km/h wind moves cloud at 2,400km/h

Last edited:
The legend depends on whether you use metric or imperial but it says it on the scale.

The weather moves relative to the race time. So the spa race is 24hr and sped up to fit 1h, so moves at 24x the speed it should i.e. a 100km/h wind moves cloud at 2,400km/h
That's 27m/s and the game says 4 or 5m/s if I'm not mistaking. Doesn't make any sense to me. I figured they wanted to emulate a 24h race, but you can enter a corner and exit it under completely different tire conditions and that's just plain ridiculous.

Last edited:
That's 27m/s and the game says 4 or 5m/s if I'm not mistaking. Doesn't make any sense to me. I figured they wanted to emulate a 24h race, but you can enter a corner and exit it under completely different tire conditions and that's just plain ridiculous.
Yes but cloud speed is going to be different to wind speed - just like in real life. The wind speed shown is relative to the ground

I don't think this is true - at least before this last update, weather speed was thousands of km/h whether the time progression was set to 1x, 24x, 60x or even 0x.

I don't think this is true - at least before this last update, weather speed was thousands of km/h whether the time progression was set to 1x, 24x, 60x or even 0x.
I can’t comment for individual races, but I know in custom race for example I’ve done a 24h race and the weather progression (manually set) seemed to progress as expected.

I can’t comment for individual races, but I know in custom race for example I’ve done a 24h race and the weather progression (manually set) seemed to progress as expected.
From what I've tested in online lobbies I found that the game has a fixed laptime for each layout and calcu-guesses how many laps you would do during that block of weather.

As per usual, the physics model has changed slightly.

I did about 6 hours of License grind last night and felt like the grip levels were lower.
RWD , FWD & AWD cars oversteer more.
FWD cars also benefit less from ASM now. TCS1 is almost as good as ASM on high powered FWDs.

Last edited:
Anyone else experience a glitch with the new GT-R and its livery? I'll explain. If you already own the '18 Gr.3 GT-R you can save its original livery as a "Style" in GT Auto. Then you can load that saved style on to another of the same car. I have been saving the original Liveries of these free cars we have been getting lately (Porsches mostly) and then selling off the cars since I already own the cars in my garage. If I ever want to switch up the livery to one of the freebies I got, I can just load the style up on to my car and bob's your uncle.

Well, with this latest GT-R, I can't sell it since it is considered a DLC car. Okay, fine, I'll sell my original GT-R, but I'll save its livery first. So I save the livery as a style, then test it out on the DLC GT-R. The stickers and decals transferred over, but the car is still white underneath the decals like the DLC car. It's not that burgundy red color of the original GT-R. So, I try painting the car with any random color thinking, "maybe the stickers and decals will go over that new paint color and that could look cool." Nope. Back to a white paint job with the original GT-R stickers on it (not the DLC car stickers).

So something seems glitched here. Every other time I've saved a style it saves all attributes and transfers it over to the new car. This one seems hell bent on keeping the car white.

It would be interesting to see what is in the contracts for real world circuits as obviously a lot of the advertising boards are out of date really quickly. You’d think Polyphony would be able to sell those spaces to advertisers (though I expect there’s legislation to prevent this)
Don't give them any more ideas on fleecing more money out of this game with zero effort with horrible product placement like how EA and 2K have done. Besides, a track with old advertisements is still an accurate representation of that track at the time of scanning it while one with ugly advertisements is inaccurate and visually unappealing.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 16
  • th-2050714916.jpg
    th-2050714916.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 15
This has been around at least since April. When they did the Olympic TT it had the same option: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/sportmode/event/5467/
From the videos I watched from both Super GT AND Tigdney (Trying to understand how it worked since no one gave me a visual example), it appears implied to be a permanent feature and not just tied to a limited time event like the Olympics.

Last edited:
From the videos I watched from both Super GT AND Tigdney (Trying to understand how it worked since no one gave me a visual example), it appears implied to be a permanent feature and not just tied to a limited time event like the Olympics.
Check out both of these links, scroll down to "Race Settings" and look at "Shortcut Penalty:"

Both events were added post update. One does it, one doesn't. The one that does it lists "Shortcut Penalty: Invalidate Time" and the other lists "Shortcut Penalty: Light"

The Olympic TT also had track limits set to "Championship" (as opposed to Normal) but did have the "Invalidate Time" setting too.

This seems like it's a server side setting rather than update related. I DO wish this was the way going forward but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Edit: jk the HSR TT wasn’t added post update but I guess we will find out tomorrow if new ones use this feature. I think it’s just a server side thing.

Last edited:
Oil, engine, and chassis condition is immediately updated after every race. Previously the condition would not he visually updated in garage or gt auto after a BOP race.

Check out both of these links, scroll down to "Race Settings" and look at "Shortcut Penalty:"

Both events were added post update. One does it, one doesn't. The one that does it lists "Shortcut Penalty: Invalidate Time" and the other lists "Shortcut Penalty: Light"

The Olympic TT also had track limits set to "Championship" (as opposed to Normal) but did have the "Invalidate Time" setting too.

This seems like it's a server side setting rather than update related. I DO wish this was the way going forward but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Edit: jk the HSR TT wasn’t added post update but I guess we will find out tomorrow if new ones use this feature. I think it’s just a server side thing.
It seems like the Bathurst TT does not have that setting. So it is just a setting, instead of a permanent change. And I didn't realize the Olympics TT had the same setting. So... sorry for reporting a non-change ><

As per usual, the physics model has changed slightly.

I did about 6 hours of License grind last night and felt like the grip levels were lower.
RWD , FWD & AWD cars oversteer more.
FWD cars also benefit less from ASM now. TCS1 is almost as good as ASM on high powered FWDs.
Did my usual 3 races at Tokyo but didnt notice anything different with grip levels.Im not saying they havent changed,just I didnt notice.I cant say about the ASM as i dont use it. 👍

Hold up! Anyone note that we can now discard DLC gift cars?!!!!:eek:
IMG_2758.png

It’s a shame I can’t get rid of my Sport Mode Manu cars. This is big for those of us that wish to clean out our garages.

This may explain why PD have removed DLC cars from the UCD Valuation screen.

Edit: Still can’t discard them. Just why, why do PD do these half-assed things?

Last edited:
It’s a shame I can’t get rid of my Sport Mode Manu cars. This is big for those of us that wish to clean out our garages.

If GT7 is like GT Sport, its part of the contract when you join the Manufacturers series so you're never getting rid of THOSE cars unless you sign for someone else, but thats just essentially replacing those cars with other cars.

Back