Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.36/1.37)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 104 comments
If GT7 is like GT Sport, its part of the contract when you join the Manufacturers series so you're never getting rid of THOSE cars unless you sign for someone else, but thats just essentially replacing those cars with other cars.
Yeah, it sucks.
Now, I just discarded my GR Yaris DLC flag car. Before, we couldn’t discard DLC cars. No matter if another of the same car was bought. We couldn’t sell or discard it in the UCD/Valuation. Now, when buying the same car, we can discard the DLC car from our garage. It’s gone.

Last edited:
It seems that tire physics have changed with update 1.36.
IMs now last noticeably longer on a dry track (2 full laps on Le Mans 30 minute race).
Also, it seems TC is slightly stronger than earlier, I can now use TC2 where I used TC3 earlier. This may be related to changed tire physics.

The last 9 lap times appear in replays again. A few updates ago, they were either bugged into not displaying or were removed, for both the player and AI. Now, they’re back 😊

EDIT: They only appear in saved replays viewed via the Showcase menu. Weird, wonder if they forgot to disable them (if it was intentional) in saved replays, or if they forgot to bring them back for replays in the race menu.

Last edited:
It seems that tire physics have changed with update 1.36.
IMs now last noticeably longer on a dry track (2 full laps on Le Mans 30 minute race).......
I don't think that this happened.
Tyre wear depends on the car ,power and the speed.

Some cars destroy the Intermediates totally in two laps ,others in 3 etc.
Also its difficult to judge if you're not use the same car ,plus the conditions of a drying track aren't always the same.
Just saying that cause i race 2-3 races per day and happens very often to make a " wrong call " for intermediate tyres while wasn't needed.
As of course happens the opposite and am crawling to reach the pits .
Just happens to buy and test various cars last week ( VGT's mostly ) and some of them with very low hp due to are highly detuned to fit at 700pp, make tyres to last significant longer than others .
They don't need even to change tyres in a dry 7 laps race , only fuels.( Talking about RH tyres )

As about TC can't tell , usually is at one .

Last edited:
Hold up! Anyone note that we can now discard DLC gift cars?!!!!:eek:
View attachment 1280167

It’s a shame I can’t get rid of my Sport Mode Manu cars. This is big for those of us that wish to clean out our garages.

This may explain why PD have removed DLC cars from the UCD Valuation screen.

Edit: Still can’t discard them. Just why, why do PD do these half-assed things?
No offense but do you know anyone else who plays like that? Of course we should all play the game in whatever way makes us happy so long as it doesn’t impact anyone else negatively (such as crashing, etc) but I have to say that I’ve never ever seen anyone play the game the way you do, focusing on certain set of cars for a while, then selling and deleting everything and moving along to some other small class or group. I’d say you’re very extremely unique in this sense, hence my questioning of “this is big to us [...]”.

Last edited:
No offense but do you know anyone else who plays like that? Of course we should all play the game in whatever way makes us happy so long as it doesn’t impact anyone else negatively (such as crashing, etc) but I have to say that I’ve never ever seen anyone play the game the way you do, focusing on certain set of cars for a while, then selling and deleting everything and moving along to some other small class or group. I’d say you’re very extremely unique in this sense, hence my questioning of “this is big to us [...]”.
For one, the way I’m playing, is mainly the lack of a stockyard, in this game. Too much clutter for me or I’m done playing with certain cars. Cars that I most likely won’t use again.
The deleting and re-purchase of certain cars is for sure a thing I do. I used to delete past Gran Turismo games and restart to get that fresh feeling of playing the game for the first time. Some members have wanted to delete cars to Clean up their own garages. That’s the ’those of us’ not the “big to us”.
The UCD valuation, does help ’those of us’ that wish to cull our garages. Some players want zero mileage for every car, specific colors without having to repeat it the color they prefer and however else others choose to play.

I don't think that this happened.
Tyre wear depends on the car ,power and the speed.

Some cars destroy the Intermediates totally in two laps ,others in 3 etc.
Also its difficult to judge if you're not use the same car ,plus the conditions of a drying track aren't always the same.
Just saying that cause i race 2-3 races per day and happens very often to make a " wrong call " for intermediate tyres while wasn't needed.
As of course happens the opposite and am crawling to reach the pits .
Just happens to buy and test various cars last week ( VGT's mostly ) and some of them with very low hp due to are highly detuned to fit at 700pp, make tyres to last significant longer than others .
They don't need even to change tyres in a dry 7 laps race , only fuels.( Talking about RH tyres )

As about TC can't tell , usually is at one .

Thanks for your reply.
The race was Le Mans 30 minutes with a car I drive regularly there, the Silvia Gr4. So I have experienced the same conditions several times. I do have the impression something changed, though I am not entirely sure. Also other tire characteristics seem slightly different. Overall I am happy with the alleged changes, as cars become slightly easier to drive and the sometimes jerky TC is now better.
That's why I posted to check if others have the same impression. No further responses, so maybe not.

Thanks for your reply.
The race was Le Mans 30 minutes with a car I drive regularly there, the Silvia Gr4. So I have experienced the same conditions several times. I do have the impression something changed, though I am not entirely sure. Also other tire characteristics seem slightly different. Overall I am happy with the alleged changes, as cars become slightly easier to drive and the sometimes jerky TC is now better.
That's why I posted to check if others have the same impression. No further responses, so maybe not.
Let me say that you are the responsible 😂 that i did my " small " recearch here
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/la-sarthe-tyre-doesnt-matter.422012/#post-14075039
If you're interesting,i have some interesting facts about intermediate tyres .

For one, the way I’m playing, is mainly the lack of a stockyard, in this game. Too much clutter for me or I’m done playing with certain cars. Cars that I most likely won’t use again.
The deleting and re-purchase of certain cars is for sure a thing I do. I used to delete past Gran Turismo games and restart to get that fresh feeling of playing the game for the first time. Some members have wanted to delete cars to Clean up their own garages. That’s the ’those of us’ not the “big to us”.
The UCD valuation, does help ’those of us’ that wish to cull our garages. Some players want zero mileage for every car, specific colors without having to repeat it the color they prefer and however else others choose to play.
I don't play this game at all in the same way, but find it interesting how many different ways there are to play this game, and that's pretty cool really.

I've considered personally dumping a bunch of cars to buy ones I haven't tried yet, but found a relaxing thing to do personally with my large garage is to essentially have a track day where I select a track / layout I haven't spent much time on, and choose random cars over the course of the day. So for the time being I keep one of every car I collect, sometimes multiple of the ones I make permanent mods to so I can still drive them stock if I want.

I was curious, if this game offered better ways to organize your garage, beyond only labeling cars as favorites, would you keep cars around? Like create your own group of 0 mile cars for instance. Additional flexibility there is something I found that would be useful as my garage got to multiple hundreds of cars. Wouldn't count on it ever being added of course but I think it would be cool.

I've noticed this in Sports Mode, but the TC3 glitch is fixed.

If you entered a Sport Mode race, but didn't do any warm up, when you start the race, your TC setting would be set to 3, regardless of your assist settings. This seems to no longer be the case.

Anyone else experience a glitch with the new GT-R and its livery? I'll explain. If you already own the '18 Gr.3 GT-R you can save its original livery as a "Style" in GT Auto. Then you can load that saved style on to another of the same car. I have been saving the original Liveries of these free cars we have been getting lately (Porsches mostly) and then selling off the cars since I already own the cars in my garage. If I ever want to switch up the livery to one of the freebies I got, I can just load the style up on to my car and bob's your uncle.

Well, with this latest GT-R, I can't sell it since it is considered a DLC car. Okay, fine, I'll sell my original GT-R, but I'll save its livery first. So I save the livery as a style, then test it out on the DLC GT-R. The stickers and decals transferred over, but the car is still white underneath the decals like the DLC car. It's not that burgundy red color of the original GT-R. So, I try painting the car with any random color thinking, "maybe the stickers and decals will go over that new paint color and that could look cool." Nope. Back to a white paint job with the original GT-R stickers on it (not the DLC car stickers).

So something seems glitched here. Every other time I've saved a style it saves all attributes and transfers it over to the new car. This one seems hell bent on keeping the car white.
It's not a bug or glitch. saved liveries that don't have their original colour changed will have the base colour of the car applied that it had when you purchased it. The DLC GTR is white, the bought one is red. Now if you apply the style of the white car onto the red one it'll still be red and if you apply the style of the red car to the white car it'll still be white.
For a racing car you can only buy in one colour it doesn't really make sense, but it's a simple way to share a road car livery with just a license plate for example and have it work with every stock colour of the car.

It's not a bug or glitch. saved liveries that don't have their original colour changed will have the base colour of the car applied that it had when you purchased it. The DLC GTR is white, the bought one is red. Now if you apply the style of the white car onto the red one it'll still be red and if you apply the style of the red car to the white car it'll still be white.
For a racing car you can only buy in one colour it doesn't really make sense, but it's a simple way to share a road car livery with just a license plate for example and have it work with every stock colour of the car.
I can apply the white livery to the red car and it changes to white. If I apply the red livery to the white car it stays white. It's definetly acting strange. For the Porsches I can swap liveries and everything changes to match the original saved livery. The DLC GT-R is hell bent on not changing its base color when swapping this particular livery. I can download someone's custom livery and it all swaps over just fine.

I can apply the white livery to the red car and it changes to white. If I apply the red livery to the white car it stays white. It's definetly acting strange. For the Porsches I can swap liveries and everything changes to match the original saved livery. The DLC GT-R is hell bent on not changing its base color when swapping this particular livery. I can download someone's custom livery and it all swaps over just fine.
Don't both of those liveries for the GT-R contain paints?
If a livery only contains decals, the body color depends on the subject car's base color.

How would I be able to tell if the livery contains paint?
"Preview" the style in the showcase, and you'll see a notice on the bottom-left of the screen; either "Paint colors have been set for this design." or "The paint color hasn't been set for this design."

"Preview" the style in the showcase, and you'll see a notice on the bottom-left of the screen; either "Paint colors have been set for this design." or "The paint color hasn't been set for this design."
I'll take a look and see when I get home from work.

Edit: Both cars say the paint color has not been set yet the white car won't change it's color when loading the original car's livery. It only changes the decals.

20230821_230345.jpg
20230821_230410.jpg
20230821_230006.jpg
20230821_230050.jpg
20230821_230300.jpg
20230821_230319.jpg
20230821_230146.jpg
20230821_230221.jpg

It will still gladly load a downloaded livery from the Showcase menu:
20230821_231425.jpg

Last edited:
This has always been the case since GT Sport even depending on the circuit. Off the top of my head, Both Goodwood and Autopolis have this.
I don’t doubt you as I never played GT Sport. I have been driving around Le Mans for months and I never heard it before the update, I have noticed that I can no longer hear the cars horn as well.

I'll take a look and see when I get home from work.

Edit: Both cars say the paint color has not been set yet the white car won't change it's color when loading the original car's livery. It only changes the decals.

View attachment 1281965View attachment 1281966View attachment 1281967View attachment 1281968View attachment 1281969View attachment 1281970View attachment 1281971View attachment 1281972

It will still gladly load a downloaded livery from the Showcase menu:
View attachment 1281973
That’s what ‘paint colours haven’t been set’ means. If it says this then ONLY the decals will be applied to the car. In you Pepsi example, paint colours HAVE been set therefore the blue paint is also applied!

That’s what ‘paint colours haven’t been set’ means. If it says this then ONLY the decals will be applied to the car. In you Pepsi example, paint colours HAVE been set therefore the blue paint is also applied!
Okay, if that's the case and both cars have not set the paint colors, then why can I apply the DLC livery to the original GT-R and it changes everything, including the paint color? If the game played by your logic, I should end up with a red colored GT-R with the DLC decals on it. That doesn't happen. I get an exact replica of the DLC car.

Okay, if that's the case and both cars have not set the paint colors, then why can I apply the DLC livery to the original GT-R and it changes everything, including the paint color? If the game played by your logic, I should end up with a red colored GT-R with the DLC decals on it. That doesn't happen. I get an exact replica of the DLC car.
If I had to guess, I'm thinking the DLC GT-R GT3 Nismo (The one you get from watching the trailer) is locked with said livery or colors while the regular one you get from Brand Central can be bought with said livery or have it applied, similar to how the Lexus RC F GT3 can be bought with that Arnest Awata Livery introduced in the update before this one.

Last edited:
I've noticed this in Sports Mode, but the TC3 glitch is fixed.

If you entered a Sport Mode race, but didn't do any warm up, when you start the race, your TC setting would be set to 3, regardless of your assist settings. This seems to no longer be the case.
Still the case for me. I don't even play Sports Mode often, but this one i noticed right away. It was set on 3, always.

It is possible this change was actually done with 1.35 when they added the required tire changes badging in the pit lane, but previously when you would change your tires in the pits the tire-life indicator would not update until after you left the pits.

Note how the tires are changed at 8:04 but the indicator at the bottom left doesn't actually update until 8:19.

This has now been fixed. Notice how when the tires are changed at 0:20 the tire-life indicator updates immediately.

It seems like the Bathurst TT does not have that setting. So it is just a setting, instead of a permanent change. And I didn't realize the Olympics TT had the same setting. So... sorry for reporting a non-change ><
The new Monza TT uses invalidate time making this the first "normal" TT to do this. Keeping my fingers crossed that PD listened and is implementing this for all future TTs...

Back