Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.38)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 58 comments
New paints available for purchase:

Aston Martin - Maximum Orange
Aston Martin - Slipstream Green
Aston Martin - Liquid Petroleum
Aston Martin - Ethanol Silver
Chevrolet - Silver Blue Old
Chevrolet - Panama Yellow
Maserati - Rosso Vincente
Maserati - Giallo Genio
Maserati - Blu Infinito
Maserati - Nero Enigma
Maserati - Grigio Mistero
Maserati - Bianco Audace
Mitsubishi - Monaco Red
Mitsubishi - Queens Silver Pearl
Subaru - WR Blue Mica
Subaru - Obsidian Black Pearl
Subaru - Crystal Gray Metallic
Subaru - Premium Silver Metallic
Crazy there’s still no Verde Ithaca from Lamborghini when it’s available on 2-3 cars in the dealership

This is because the depth (idk how it's translated) slider in view settings is broken. Values 3, 4 and 5 are not doing anything. So if you had yours set as 5 for example (like me), your view is now at the last working value, so 2.
I don't think this is the case, as I never change the values of my view, yet cars change between "correct" seating position and "wrong" randomly.

The Viper has me sitting up like my head is against the ceiling, so does the FD RX7. The FL5 Civic has me too close to the wheel, yet there are many cars that have me sitting in the right spot and don't need adjusting at all.

If this were dependent on view values, every car would be the same as far as seating position. As it is, there are just differences in each model which lead to them either being "correct" (most of the cars in the game), and "incorrect" (car where the seating position is wrong).

If values were the reason, all cars would be effected in the same way.

PRETTY sure the physics changed quite a bit with the recent update. With FF cars, I'm now almost a second slower around Tsukuba! Can anyone confirm?
I’m not sure about slower times, as I don’t test as you do, but I do notice the understeer seems to be adjusted. It’s gradual and more realistic, to me. Especially doing the HRC CTR TT and Gr.4 Mazda3 at Bathurst. I’m feeling more of the tyre underneath me, in the steering(DS5 user).

Physics, lot of..
only 3 cars but this update hide a lot of work.

T150, psVr2, all aids off, abs

The "plastic" FF shaking understeer is almost Gone, tyre load is now there.

Oversteer also is more controllable and with natural feeling
Snap Oversteer (gt7 sign) is now almost totally gone.

FF is also way better, T150 here and now 6/7 torque and 1/2 sensibility is very good.
Before 3/4 torque means only clipping.

I like it, but... a new track could have been the cherry on the top 🍒

Last edited:
I’m not sure about slower times, as I don’t test as you do, but I do notice the understeer seems to be adjusted. It’s gradual and more realistic, to me. Especially doing the HRC CTR TT and Gr.4 Mazda3 at Bathurst. I’m feeling more of the tyre underneath me, in the steering(DS5 user).

Yep, I think I felt what you're talking of.

What was that exactly? I've heard from it, but did not really find anything about it.
Well bug only appeared in online races when heavy damage was on , basically it wouldn't repair the car fully in the pits

Last edited:
Not sure if this is from this update, however the "centre interior" camera angle for replays is now selectable as a permanent camera rather than just part of the 'rotation' so to speak.

This deffo wasn't in the game from day 1, but I haven't watched a replay for a while so it may be from an earlier update.

Pic of the angle I mean:

Attachments

• 18af06882a952-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18af06882a952-screenshotUrl.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 13
I mentioned this once and somebody told me ground wind direction is unrelated to high atmosphere direction.
That's partially true. Wind velocity is not a constant from the ground to the stratosphere. It depends on temp of the air masses involved, humidity, and even land features.
I don't know a whole lot about European weather, but I'd bet some of the storms seen in this race come from wind shear between air masses off the Atlantic Ocean and the Med. That might spin up a fairly strong storm that extends into the stratosphere. In that case, clouds won't be traveling the same direction the track side wind vane is pointing.
If they ever put something in game from the lower US Midwest I could explain in further details how the weather patterns work on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics, lot of..
only 3 cars but this update hide a lot of work.

T150, psVr2, all aids off, abs

The "plastic" FF shaking understeer is almost Gone, tyre load is now there.

Oversteer also is more controllable and with natural feeling
Snap Oversteer (gt7 sign) is now almost totally gone.

FF is also way better, T150 here and now 6/7 torque and 1/2 sensibility is very good.
Before 3/4 torque means only clipping.

I like it, but... a new track could have been the cherry on the top 🍒
Dmn, I hope you're not pulling my leg. I haven't touched GT7 since Starfield released, I might have to cut it on this evening.

That's partially true. Wind velocity is not a constant from the ground to the stratosphere. It depends on temp of the air masses involved, humidity, and even land features.
I don't know a whole lot about European weather, but I'd bet some of the storms seen in this race come from wind shear between air masses off the Atlantic Ocean and the Med. That might spin up a fairly strong storm that extends into the stratosphere. In that case, clouds won't be traveling the same direction the track side wind vane is pointing.
If they ever put something in game from the lower US Midwest I could explain in further details how the weather patterns work on that.
Sometimes if you look at the sky and there are different types of clouds at different altitudes you can see them moving at different speeds and even in different detections. It’s actually more visible if you are in an airplane looking down

Wasn't anyone annoyed by the mysterious reflection on the edge of side ducts of the Viper GTS '02, when ray tracing is enabled?
wow, you must have the highest resolution flat screen ever, or you are sitting really really close. that level of detail is not seen WHEN you are racing, nor is that angle a good one when racing. so I want to ask why the complaint?

wow, you must have the highest resolution flat screen ever, or you are sitting really really close. that level of detail is not seen WHEN you are racing, nor is that angle a good one when racing. so I want to ask why the complaint?
I thought that was easy-notable when you take a photo of it.

I didn't even think that this was fixed, but when I thought to take a photo of this car, I noticed that this obstacle is no more.
Then I searched for the photos of this car in Showcase, it turned out that this was just fixed via the latest update.

Back