Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.38)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 58 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Gran Turismo 7 Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For every update released, there is the potential for changes not listed in the initial patch notes. Please report any undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible, either through videos or images.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:
Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs & Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png
Thread Icons (Engines).png

Update (1.38)​

Documented Changes

1. Cars
 - The following three new cars have been added:
・Garage RCR Civic
  ・Honda Civic Type R '22
  ・MAZDA3 Gr.4

- The following cars have been added to Brand Central now:
  ・ Toyota GR Corolla MORIZO Edition '22
  ・ Toyota Ambulance Himedic '21

- New liveries have been added for the following cars:
  ・ Mazda RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT
  ・ Mazda Atenza Gr.4
  ・ Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) '22

2. World Circuits
 - The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
  ・Grand Valley - Highway 1
   - Race of Turbo Sportscars
  ・Dragon Trail
   - Race of Turbo Sportscars
  ・Mount Panorama
   - World Touring Car 700

3. Brand Central
 - Museum entries have been added for the following brand:
  ・ Fiat

- New Spots have been added for the following brand:
  ・ Nissan

4. Café
 - The following Extra Menus have been added:
  ・Extra Menu No. 29: 'Collection: Porsche Supercars' (Collector Level 42 and above);
  ・Extra Menu No. 30 'Collection: GR' (Collector Level 39 and above);

- Added new sets of conversations with the Car Designers and Characters appearing in the Café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing to the following cars in 'Garage' and speaking with the Characters in the Café:

CAR DESIGNERS
  - Ed Welburn
   ・ McLaren 650S Coupe '14
   ・ McLaren MP4-12C '10
   ・ Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '09
   ・ Peugeot RCZ GT Line '15

- Fabio Filippini
   ・ Abarth 595 Esseesse '70
   ・ Enzo Ferrari '02
   ・ Ferrari GTO '84
   ・ Ferrari Testarossa '91
   ・ Maserati GranTurismo S '08
   ・ Renault R.S.01 '16

- Freeman Thomas
   ・ Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback '15
   ・Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13
   ・ Porsche 356 A/1500 GS Carrera '56
   ・ Porsche 356 A/1500 GS GT Carrera Speedster '56

- Hideo Kodama
   ・ Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1 '52
   ・ Renault R8 Gordini '66
   ・ Suzuki Swift Sport '07

CHARACTERS
  - Chris
   ・ Honda Civic Type R (FL5) '22

- Jeremy
   ・ Garage RCR Civic

- Stella
   ・Toyota GR Corolla MORIZO Edition '22

5. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps have been added for the following cars (Unlocked at Collector Level 50):
  ・ Porsche 356 A/1500 GS Carrera '56
  ・ Porsche 911 Carrera RS (901) '73
  ・ Porsche 911 Carrera RS (964) '92
  ・ Porsche 911 GT3 (997) '09
  ・ Porsche Cayman GT4 '16

- Car Customisation
  The following brands have been added to the pre-set decals in the Livery Editor:
  ・Aim
  ・Checkerd Sports
  ・Hondata

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Race Screen
 - Added a 'Weather Radar' button to the Quick Menu;
 - A countdown is now displayed before a car is replaced when 'Replace Car After Leaving Track' is set to 'On.'

2. Legend Cars
 - Legend Cars (Hagerty Collection) prices have been revised based on real-life valuations from Gran Turismo partner, Hagerty. Hagerty provides valuations and vehicle insurance for classic cars and has sponsored some historic car events in recent years. New prices will be applied the next time a vehicle goes on sale. The next price revision is scheduled for January 2024.

3. Localisation
 - Fixed various text localisation issues.

Undocumented Changes
  • Mazda3 in-game name is now all-caps, matching the GR.4 race car.
  • The in-race weather radar now angles the track in relation to its location on the globe
  • Auto drive no longer drives over the line at pit exit at Tokyo Expressway South
  • The Toyota GR Corolla is now available outside of the One-make races in Arcade races and Custom races.
  • The following paint colors have been added for purchase:

Aston Martin - Maximum Orange
Aston Martin - Slipstream Green
Aston Martin - Liquid Petroleum
Aston Martin - Ethanol Silver
Chevrolet - Silver Blue Old
Chevrolet - Panama Yellow
Maserati - Rosso Vincente
Maserati - Giallo Genio
Maserati - Blu Infinito
Maserati - Nero Enigma
Maserati - Grigio Mistero
Maserati - Bianco Audace
Mitsubishi - Monaco Red
Mitsubishi - Queens Silver Pearl
Subaru - WR Blue Mica
Subaru - Obsidian Black Pearl
Subaru - Crystal Gray Metallic
Subaru - Premium Silver Metallic

Last edited:
New update, same stuff: Post only changes not officially posted (or in one case, seen) with the officially documented changes both here in this thread and on the official site here. Anything else belongs in these threads found in the OP:

1695883029091.png

Now you may post.

Last edited:
Assumedly to tie in with the new pre-race forecast, the in-race weather radar now angles the track as per its location on the globe rather than the way the track map in the top right is oriented. See here for a Dragon Trail example, previously the weather radar matched the track map but now they differ:

1695885812042.png

Assumedly to tie in with the new pre-race forecast, the in-race weather radar now angles the track as per its location on the globe rather than the way the track map in the top right is oriented. See here for a Dragon Trail example, previously the weather radar matched the track map but now they differ:

View attachment 1290558
So the weather rader in game is unchanged otherwise, in range and look? It's just the pre-race weather radar that shows the bigger range and different visual?

View attachment 1290558
That’s annoying. Makes it more difficult to assess at a glance which way wind will affect rain.

PD can spend time on this, yet any kind of leaderboard or deltas in VR continue to be missing.

For completeness, as I was bored during my lunch break, I looked at the weather radar for every track in the game. The set of tracks whose track map is not oriented so that north is at the top, and thus affected by this change, are as follows. In bold are the tracks that have rain and so this is very relevant for.

Blue Moon Bay
Special Stage Route X
Lago Maggiore
Sardegna Road Track (but not Windmills)
Deep Forest
Dragon Trail (both Seaside and Gardens)
BB Raceway
Tsukuba
High Speed Ring
Tokyo Expressway
(both Central and East, but not South)

Hang on, what? Wind speed and direction doesn’t affect how weather will come in? Or in other words, wind doesn’t affect clouds in GT7?
Yes you will quite frequently see in the LeMans 30 minute race that ground speed may be pointing up and down which is north and south on the map and when you look at the weather radar the clouds are going left and right or totally opposite of what the arrow is pointing so yes the wind on the track map in the upper right hand corner has no relation to which way the clouds are moving in the weather radar.

I mentioned this once and somebody told me ground wind direction is unrelated to high atmosphere direction.
That's not entirely wrong. I highly doubt PD modeled that though . Wind direction wnd humidity does affect the direction and speed smoke made by cars goes though. The higher the humidity the more smoke lingers for whatever reason .

Last edited by a moderator:
In the new civic type Fl5, in dash view the steering wheel is closer to the screen, which gives the sense of immersion better almost like Acc I did not try other cars to see if it changed
Can you post screenshots when you do?

In the new civic type Fl5, in dash view the steering wheel is closer to the screen, which gives the sense of immersion better almost like Acc I did not try other cars to see if it changed
yes on others cars too, just tried the cayman with the engine swap in VR, and by default it's way closer to the steering wheel than before. dont like it, at least we can reset it in vr but annoying to do each time

New paints available for purchase:

Maserati - Giallo Genio
Maserati - Blu Infinito
Maserati - Nero Enigma
Maserati - Bianco Audace
Mitsubishi - Monaco Red
Subaru - WR Blue Mica

New paints available for purchase:

Maserati - Giallo Genio
Maserati - Blu Infinito
Maserati - Nero Enigma
Maserati - Bianco Audace
Mitsubishi - Monaco Red
Subaru - WR Blue Mica
Subaru WR Mica has been available since launch has it not??

yes on others cars too, just tried the cayman with the engine swap in VR, and by default it's way closer to the steering wheel than before. dont like it, at least we can reset it in vr but annoying to do each time
This is because the depth (idk how it's translated) slider in view settings is broken. Values 3, 4 and 5 are not doing anything. So if you had yours set as 5 for example (like me), your view is now at the last working value, so 2.

I noticed this as well. Curiously it shows if possible rain might appear in daily race C.
I'm wondering how they came to the conclusion that the way they've implemented it is the best they could do.

Does anyone else feel like knowing what the weather was 60 minutes ago is of any use? Similarly, is it an improvement on just going out into practice before the race starts and checking the weather yourself?

I'm talking about Sport Mode and Race C, of course.

I'm wondering how they came to the conclusion that the way they've implemented it is the best they could do.

Does anyone else feel like knowing what the weather was 60 minutes ago is of any use? Similarly, is it an improvement on just going out into practice before the race starts and checking the weather yourself?

I'm talking about Sport Mode and Race C, of course.
I mean that’s how it works in the real world with radar. If they showed exactly what it would do for the next 30 minutes that would ruin the strategy of a lot of these races.

The way you can go into a race without being totally blind on what conditions might be, like fitting slicks at the sight of no rain falling just to find out the track is soaked, or starting a race on inters because of expected rain, same as the real world.

EDIT: I’m talking about more than just one single online race. It’s very helpful for custom races, career races with rain, etc. which do not allow for practice beforehand.

I also still feel like it’s better than before because it gives a much extended range for viewing where a storm is and if it will even arrive in time for the race in question.

Last edited:
@KinLM my point is more that the time window you have to watch the radar do its thing, plus the time to open the car settings and change tyres if needed... it's very close. Sorry, I didn't make that clear.

Last edited:
@KinLM my point is more that the time window you have to watch the radar do its thing, plus the time to open the car settings and change tyres if needed... it's very close. Sorry, I didn't make that clear.
That makes much more sense! Thank you for the clarification!

It does for me personally.
I mean that’s how it works in the real world with radar.
I might be totally wrong but don't real radars show if rain is coming during the race as well?.

Back