Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.40)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 240 comments
It's the completion reward of the new Weekly Challenges.
There're already parts-only and engines-only tickets introduced, so I was thinking that a car-only ticket is reasonable enough, and now it came true.
I see, thanks for your information.

Btw, I just want to confirm for everyone that I already finished the new set for this week and yes, there is a new special ticket for car 👍

IMG_6985.jpeg

Not confirming a change, but asking a question.

Was the red rectangle around the car always there when selecting which car to track in Scapes?

グランツーリスモ™ 7_20231111014721.png

It's only red when you can't place it there
I very much CAN place the car there.

Note the original photo, where I'm in the "Camera" tab, not the "Car" tab. I wasn't trying to move the car, I was choosing which to track in the panning shot.

This is what it looks like if you try to place a car where it can't be placed. The rectangle does turn red, but the 3D model of the car doesn't show up.

グランツーリスモ™ 7_20231111152901.png

And so I ask again, does anyone know if this red rectangle around the car when choosing a panning target was here before 1.40?
Not confirming a change, but asking a question.

Was the red rectangle around the car always there when selecting which car to track in Scapes?

View attachment 1302551

I honestly don't know if this was always a thing or not (and please correct me if I'm wrong), but I think they fixed the issue with the PSVR2 headset where it will now automatically set the angle of the screen straight on the next 'screen page' if you look straight ahead again. Before I always had to press the 'back to live black and white view' button on the PSVR2, look straight ahead and then press the same button again. Or, this was always the case and I wasn't aware....🤷‍♂️

Jerome

I honestly don't know if this was always a thing or not (and please correct me if I'm wrong), but I think they fixed the issue with the PSVR2 headset where it will now automatically set the angle of the screen straight on the next 'screen page' if you look straight ahead again. Before I always had to press the 'back to live black and white view' button on the PSVR2, look straight ahead and then press the same button again. Or, this was always the case and I wasn't aware....🤷‍♂️

Jerome
You can look straight ahead and hold the options button to re center your view in the menu, I'm still getting a wonky screen if I'm looking the wrong way after a race.

You can look straight ahead and hold the options button to re center your view in the menu, I'm still getting a wonky screen if I'm looking the wrong way after a race.
If you let the next game screen load while looking properly straight ahead, I 'think' it will fix the screen for you without pressing the button(?)

Jerome

Well, since there is no thread for 1.41 (understandably), I'll just post it here.

They changed the text when you pass a Weekly Challenge race. It now says "Events completed"

When did they change the physics for rally and rallycross? I never noticed it before I did the rallycross master licenses today. The cars were almost undriveable on the asphalt portion, the tiniest steering adjustment throwing the car left and right. I thought my Mitsu GTO was broken but several other cars did it as well, and you can kinda feel the same behavior on snow. When the snow tracked first dropped I adapted to the snow physics no problem, that said I haven't tried rallycross until today. Cars definitely did not drive like this when the rallycross track first dropped.

Just noticed. Did the way to view cars in the Mazda Dealership change? I can’t recall the Mazda Spirit Racing alt colors being side by side. I thought we had to click on the default color to open the alt liveries.

Just noticed. Did the way to view cars in the Mazda Dealership change? I can’t recall the Mazda Spirit Racing alt colors being side by side. I thought we had to click on the default color to open the alt liveries.
For cars with variation liveries, the selection pattern has been always select car first, select variation, then select color. The alternate MSR colors are treated as variation liveries, for the record.

When did they change the physics for rally and rallycross? I never noticed it before I did the rallycross master licenses today. The cars were almost undriveable on the asphalt portion, the tiniest steering adjustment throwing the car left and right. I thought my Mitsu GTO was broken but several other cars did it as well, and you can kinda feel the same behavior on snow. When the snow tracked first dropped I adapted to the snow physics no problem, that said I haven't tried rallycross until today. Cars definitely did not drive like this when the rallycross track first dropped.
Have just done the Barcelona rally cross and also felt like the tarmac sections were now ass. My car just slid off sideways like it was hydroplaning.

For cars with variation liveries, the selection pattern has been always select car first, select variation, then select color. The alternate MSR colors are treated as variation liveries, for the record.
Oh, yes. I knew the MSR cars were separate from the Skyactiv liveries, but recall we had to click on the MSR liveries to see the alt colors. When the update debuted those MSR cars, I must not have recalled they were side by side. Thought for sure it was the default Polymetal color. Click on that and it showed the alt white color. Same for the RX-Vision GT3 MSR livery. All good.

Idk where else to ask but has there always been fully rendered and animated birds flying around Fuji Speedway.

So, I fully realise this is the most minor and inconsequential of changes, but I'd just like someone to confirm if my brain's playing tricks on me.

This is the map of BB Raceway in World Circuits right now:

1705180217021.png

I'm convinced the pitlanes were different on the map before, they didn't have the little connecting bit where it changes direction on the pit exit. Is that a new change or am I just imagining something?

So, I fully realise this is the most minor and inconsequential of changes, but I'd just like someone to confirm if my brain's playing tricks on me.

This is the map of BB Raceway in World Circuits right now:

View attachment 1319027

I'm convinced the pitlanes were different on the map before, they didn't have the little connecting bit where it changes direction on the pit exit. Is that a new change or am I just imagining something?
Screenshot from a video on YouTube that has been uploaded a year ago:

1000010633.png

Link to video

Back