Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.40)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 240 comments
Yes the ps5 can and looks way better. Like i wrote 4k60 444chroma 10bit needs only 20.05 gbit bandwith. 4k120 10bit needs 40.09gbit and thats why 4k120 sdr looks depending how you set youre tv can look better then in 4k120 yuv 422hdr. But in 4k60 hdr you dont have the problem. Thats why i wrote to get the best out of 120fps, set the ps5 output resolution to 1080p and you get 120fps with 444chroma 10bit Hdr.

But at the end it comes down what looks and feels best to you ✌🏻
Ahh so thats why you recommend 1080p because 10 bit. Well thanks tor the info I did not know I could get 10bit on PS5.

Anything specific needing to be set for HDR? Or just enable it on the ps5 & thats it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Enabel it and go thru the hdr setup and thats it. Im not really shur how to set it on an LG with HGIG or without. Make shure you set in the ps5 hdr settings only 14 klicks up for full screen and 10% window and black to zero. But there are vids out there from hdtvtest vinze teo or others who explain it for the LGs.

I guess this one is the right one

Last edited:
No downgrade at all. I would be the first one to notice it.
They may have changed the AA method slightly, was noticing faster shadows at lake Louise.

Playing 4k60 VRR mode C1 OLED.
Go into gt auto & look at the car quality. Deff less AA. IM RIGHT UP close TO MY 48c1 lol.

Whatever they did in this update. The cars feel so much better. They’re not on rails anymore. But I can’t tell if it a physics update or aerodynamics update. But they feel damn good !

I’m tuning in the nurb and notice strangely the cars feel more lively with change in direction when corner. Better reaction between suspension and and air. Befor it still had the slight rail effect which made it very predictable but now it’s more dynamic. I’m still researching.
Tbh I do feel something is different but I have no idea if the change was on physics or ffb

according to this post , it says that rain spray/dirt (and snow) reduced density and size on PS5

is it true ? can't test it myself atm

Last edited:
according to this post , it says that rain spray/dirt (and snow) reduced density and size on PS5

is it true ? can't test it myself
Dirt was already early massive reduzed arround patch 1.12 or so. Because a handfull of people got winy because they cant see the car in front and didnt know how to follow the car (no track knowlege)

is it true ? can't test it myself
It's most noticeable with rain spray, but it is definitely a bug rather than an intended change as the size changes depending upon camera distance and doesn't fix itself in photomode which is annoying.

It's most noticeable with rain spray, but it is definitely a bug rather than an intended change as the size changes depending upon camera distance and doesn't fix itself in photomode which is annoying.
Hmm interesting , i have to test it myself someday

I'm going through some unfinished Circuit Experiences and I'm almost positive the damping physics on paved tracks has been adjusted. It's bouncier. Since the update I've felt like something feels weird and different about the way the cars handle.

New feature: "return to the map" is now located in the top left menu under the GT logo allowing you to return to the main screen from practically anywhere in one click. HALLELUJAH
Erm, that has been there for some time already, no? I have definitely seen this already since a while ago.

I thought this too.
Same here. I sat around at the end of a race yesterday and a classical song which I've never heard in a GT game before came on. I've definitely heard the song before, it's fairly well known, but Siri couldn't identify it and I honestly don't even know how to look it up lol. Pretty sure it was a wind instrument but nothing I've heard from prior games.

Did they stealth add new music tracks to this update? I swear I don't remember some of these bops, but maybe I missed them from prior updates.
I think they changed how often some songs play. It seems like it never played that Afghan Wings songs. Now its every other race lol.

They probably moved the song list .
Each " Area" has it's on set of songs
Some songs only play on the main map ,
Some only play in brand central
Some only play in sport mode ( this has the largest unique list)
Some only play in mission races .
There is overlap but for the most part you wont hear Leisure's " Take me higher" anywhere outside of brand central .

It'd be nice if they just freed all the songs up. Im willing to compromise, "The Entertainer" can stay in GT Auto(I suspect someone at PD REALLY likes that song lol), just let me customize every thing else.

You guys still have music on in GT7? Weird. I turned it off after like two months, and just play a EuroBeat mix on my phone when driving.

I realised something with the title (or startup) menu, that the version number has been moved from the bottom right to the top left. Was this change implemented from previous versions?

Did you get it from daily marathon?

That ticket type could be a good solution for player to receive invite-only cars without actual invite, if PD is generous :D
It's the completion reward of the new Weekly Challenges.
There're already parts-only and engines-only tickets introduced, so I was thinking that a car-only ticket is reasonable enough, and now it came true.

It's the completion reward of the new Weekly Challenges.
There're already parts-only and engines-only tickets introduced, so I was thinking that a car-only ticket is reasonable enough, and now it came true.
Just to confirm, was this your reward for the set including the 911 race at Laguna (meaning ticket rewards can differ for different people), or was it your reward for whatever the next set is (meaning the challenges reset at midnight locally for each timezone individually instead of at 0:00 UTC for everyone).

Back