Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
The problem is that it is already a great racing game that's being held back by some of the most blatant corporate greed I've ever seen in a video game. It's easier to add cars/tracks or update physics, but it'll be a massive challenge to convince Sony to back off with the MT nonsense and to adjust the in-game economy accordingly. My belief is that this is here to stay, sadly.
Well like I said in one of my earlier comments:
Bad economies should be in real life, not a video game.

It's not that I care about the outage that's currently happening, I'm more than willing to wait for them to get things right.

I don't hate having to progress through the game to get stuff either, I found Forza Horizon 5 boring later on because it was too easy to get stuff. What pisses me off is the increasingly obvious push towards microtransactions and it's simply making the rest of the game less enjoyable, and in that case, I'd rather move to something like Assetto Corsa and save myself money in the long run lol
I'm in agreement with you. what really annoys me is the custom race payouts. I am happy to earn credits and don't want a handout, but when a 1 lap race on the Nurburgring in the Porsche cup pays the equivalent of a 10 lap Custom race on the same track... and then a 100 lap race on the same track barely increases the credits earned?

It's not even a matter of forcing microtransactions because I can just run the cup race repeatedly if I choose to. It is nonsensical, and actively punishing players who want to run custom races.

The problem is that it is already a great racing game that's being held back by some of the most blatant corporate greed I've ever seen in a video game. It's easier to add cars/tracks or update physics, but it'll be a massive challenge to convince Sony to back off with the MT nonsense and to adjust the in-game economy accordingly. My belief is that this is here to stay, sadly.
Pretty much 100% certain Sony & PD will not under any circumstances reverse course and adjust things so that the game no longer requires an online connection. It sucks, but it is what it is and there is nothing we can do about it.

There are an awful lot of spoiled brats with deep pockets ... unfortunately
In my opinion GT isn't as strong with younger gamers as FIFA or even Forza and they're the main reason for microtransactions being so profitable for the studios. I think that pissing off core fans in not a good strategy for the studio long term even though they may earn some extra money short term. It's just going to drive people away to other sims/simcade titles.

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Why Gran Turismo 7’s Latest Update Has Outraged Fans

Gran Turismo 7 players will be waking up today to some rather unwelcome news. In the brief period during which the latest update was available it was revealed that, for many of the best-earning races in the game, credit payouts have now been slashed — by more than half in some cases — dramatically increasing the time needed save up for the highest value vehicles...

The app just send me this:

1D7FE51B-2AF4-49DB-A700-49398772A55E.jpeg

Gran Turismo 7… Should say: “There WAS something for everyone to enjoy together.” 😂

The only thing I need to be satisfied and play the game for hours on end is for the forced balance of power to be removed from single player custom races.
I want to race a fully tuned race car against my other fully tuned race cars. Why is BOP in single player?!?!

If they don’t want to get rid of it at least give us the option to turn it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Outrage! Travesty! How dare they have a service in there i don't even have to use!? I don't have to give them a single penny but i'll get mad anyway for some reason! None of the games modes or updates are tied to it and updates will be free but who cares?!

I wanna get a billion credits for a clubman race! As a matter of fact get rid of credits and have everything there so i don't have to do anything!

I'll get bored after 5 minutes but i won't have to work at anything in those 5 minutes!

What kind of sicko would only allow nearly 900 thousand credits for an hour race? I can't even by an air filter for that amount of credits....

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Why Gran Turismo 7’s Latest Update Has Outraged Fans

Gran Turismo 7 players will be waking up today to some rather unwelcome news. In the brief period during which the latest update was available it was revealed that, for many of the best-earning races in the game, credit payouts have now been slashed — by more than half in some cases — dramatically increasing the time needed save up for the highest value vehicles...
This is the most balanced take I've seen on it.

I'd been working on a credits/grind piece for a little while. Today just gave me an excuse to get it out - although I had to rework it just a little!

Still, we're afraid of Sony and on the take, or something.
I appreciate GTP finally saying something about the myriad of issues relating to the in game economy and micro-transactions.

Back