Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
What's the point of the Super licence? Is there more championships to unlock as your collector level increases? Because so far all I've need is a Nat A?

Gran Turismo Sport was a great game. I was excited to buy PS5 and GT7 since it seemed they will fix all the lacking things in GTS but I have decided to boycott Sony and PD until they change their policy. I have always tought pd were quiet fair when it comes to microtransactions and dlc but this just makes the game not worth playing. Boring singleplayer events plus multiplayer is the same as GTS. I'll stick to AC and iRacing.

Found on Reddit

RDT_20220317_120710324465516746061056.png

Ah. So they're literally doing a GTA V and patching legit money-making methods. As if there was any doubt before, PD are literally just treating us like cash-fisted idiots now. I've always loved the GT series and I haven't ever been put off by some of the more questionable decisions made by PD, but this is blatantly anti-consumer and there's no other way to spin it. All the people saying PD will add seasonal events with better payouts will be damn scared now.
This is 100% Sony.

Well that's the nail in the coffin for me. GT Sport held my attention for over 200 hours and the daily prize cars meant me and my friends could enjoy racing all sorts of cars against each other. Now we can't afford to buy the same variety so we've all already stopped playing. It really sucks to see PD going down this route. I'd encourage people to call them out on this anywhere they post on social media, it helps potential buyers understand what they might be getting into.

EDIT: If you're unhappy it's also worth leaving a review on places like Metacritic as again, people do check these before buying. Don't just mark it as 0 because people tend to ignore those, but write a fair review based on your experience.

Last edited:
Who cares? License is meaningless. They treat as if you can't drive anyway at all times, isn't that insulting?
Well, license tests did teach me how to drive a bit better, not to mention how patience is key for getting gold on them. Not sure what you're referring to with the latter sentence.

What's the point of the Super licence? Is there more championships to unlock as your collector level increases? Because so far all I've need is a Nat A?
Bragging rights, I suppose?

There is something about the direction of GT7 that really could use a proper statement from PD about where they want to go with this game. Patching the rewards tells us that Credits matters to them...

What are their plans to keep the Single players happy when there is nothing left to eat on the menu. Why isn't there more events that are repeatable with the chance to win cars. Why isn't the a difficulty level that rewards more credits and cars? Why don't they reward experience golds, etc etc..

I could live without everything since i know that i will be playing online when the menu is done, but for the rest of the players... whats up PD?

Yes, statement would be useful... assuming intentions are good/positive for future. Going to lose a lot of custom with way things are going on its current trajectory. I know many will just buy the game, complete cafe and then move on, but people with longer term hopes may also be forced to the same.

All very odd tbh. You';d think Sony/PD would have some degree of the impact. Almost pitiful really.

Great, I wait the whole morning to play it and now I can't. We all updated the game and now we'll wait offline while they are working on the next update. Well, it'll have to be Forza 7 then...

Might play it again to test out some of my new cars on the La Sarthe 800 race since they fixed the payout but it's highly disappointing that they patched out some of the best ways to earn credits quickly.

I can’t connect online receiving error message CE-210701 after the update. Anyone else with the same problem?

An amazing game being completely ruined by the unacceptable economy in my opinion
The Internet is arguably one the worst things to happen to the gaming industry.
It's created lazy development, and cash cow micro transactions.
No game should ever require a permanent Internet connection either.

Cater to both groups and they'll make even more money, it's not rocket science.

Unnecessary dumb stuff added in game but there are loads of them of course.
Gran Turismo Sport was a great game. I was excited to buy PS5 and GT7 since it seemed they will fix all the lacking things in GTS but I have decided to boycott Sony and PD until they change their policy. I have always tought pd were quiet fair when it comes to microtransactions and dlc but this just makes the game not worth playing. Boring singleplayer events plus multiplayer is the same as GTS. I'll stick to AC and iRacing.
PD and GT never deserved the prop they're getting even back then anyway. Those games would still have the recent flaws they won't fix, and classic era shouldn't excuse those because there are other games that doesn't have those issues, like terrible UI/UX, terrible AI, terrible sound, repetitive events from menu, etc.

And even if they change their policy it won't fix what we've gone through now, so... better never give props.

Latest Posts

Back