Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.15 is Now Available, Adds Suzuki Vision GT, New Cafe Menus, Races, Online Time Trials, Image Export & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 314 comments
Just got a PS1 and PS2, been playing GT1 to GT4. Man, those were the good days.
As flawed as GT7 is in it's current state, I still way prefer it comparing to GT1,2,3 and even 4... I still replay the old games sometimes, but GT7 is completely next level, a flawed game of course, but with very high potential to become a potential milestone in the future.

Even as it is, it's my favorite in the series.

Pete, not being funny but if you have all those responsibilities and you have other hobbies and you've done absolutely everything, kudos to you. You must either be a hell of a driver or you have been glued to the screen for nearly 3 months just playing GT7 🤣
You can complete all of the stuff you've somehow not managed to do in 50 to 70 hours. Over three months, that really isn't very hard. You do the maths.

I have no idea what you have been doing for three months. Scapes? Making liveries?

Last edited:
Yes, and I hate it in Forza Horizon 5 too! But at least those devs have the decency to communicate their plans for the game and add a few hours worth of stuff to do per week. It sucks, and I wish they never did hold the cars back, but they did.

However, it's only cars that have been held back. The rest of the game released content complete, though a buggy mess. And I complained about that on their forums too! But there's still plenty to do. Player-made content is just as good for progression as the stuff the devs made. You can make your own races with the Blueprints. You can even make your own circuits with props, and more props are added in almost every update. There are no cars that simply have no races to do, because the game will always pick AI cars that should be competitive for you.

Yes. FH5 held cars back. But it's not lacking in stuff to do.

I'm dreading every update. What will they break this time? How disappointed will I be with the new races? Sure, it's good "business sense" but I truly do not give a single **** about Polyphony's profit. I don't buy games because I want some rich guy to get richer. I want a fun game.

And if they release a complete game, they're free to release paid DLC later! I only wish Sony would drop the $70, they were not hurting for profit. It's just greed.

They owe us a game worthy of the $70 or more we spent on it. They haven't delivered.

Yes, and I hate it in Forza Horizon 5 too! But at least those devs have the decency to communicate their plans for the game and add a few hours worth of stuff to do per week. It sucks, and I wish they never did hold the cars back, but they did.

However, it's only cars that have been held back. The rest of the game released content complete, though a buggy mess. And I complained about that on their forums too! But there's still plenty to do. Player-made content is just as good for progression as the stuff the devs made. You can make your own races with the Blueprints. You can even make your own circuits with props, and more props are added in almost every update. There are no cars that simply have no races to do, because the game will always pick AI cars that should be competitive for you.

I'm dreading every update. What will they break this time? How disappointed will I be with the new races? Sure, it's good "business sense" but I truly do not give a single **** about Polyphony's profit. I don't buy games because I want some rich guy to get richer. I want a fun game.

And if they release a complete game, they're free to release paid DLC later! I only wish Sony would drop the $70, they were not hurting for profit. It's just greed.

They owe us a game worthy of the $70 or more we spent on it. They haven't delivered.
How do you know that Horizon 5 was released completed minus the cars? How do we know that the expansions were not completed prior to release? Why did they feel a need to release seasonal events post-launch? Surely they could have incorporated all those into the game itself and save gamers' money by not having to buy Gold?

What confuses me is people who criticise these games non-stop about how bad they are but still continue to play them. Are they just masochists or simply craving attention?

Game developers' primary goal is like any other business- to make money. Full stop. The bigger the profit, the better for them. If people don't want to buy the game, they're free not to. No one is forcing them to part with their money.

I also really don't think that many people understand how difficult and time consuming it is is to make a game like GT7. There are a lot of critics but very little suggestions on exactly how they need to implement changes from a technical point of view. Other than "it can't be hard" and "OMFG 5 years later and only 424 cars??"

You can complete all of the stuff you've somehow not managed to do in 50 to 70 hours. Over three months, that really isn't very hard. You do the maths.

I have no idea what you have been doing for three months. Scapes? Making liveries?
Interesting, 50-70 hours you say? Yet somehow it's still an 'incomplete' game? Wow, and something like Resident Evil Village is completed in 10 hours and no one screams 'incomplete'?

What confuses me is people who criticise these games non-stop about how bad they are but still continue to play them. Are they just masochists or simply craving attention?
off the top of my head, several reasons or a combination of multiple:
- it's interesting for some to discuss and critique things, especially our hobbies
- people are hacked off they paid good money for a game that was not what it promised. never mind people who bought that new fanatec GT wheel especially in anticipation for GT7

you should really take people more seriously and not assume they're masochists or attention seekers. I know it's a game but people do care and want to have fun here dude. I personally find it interesting to participate in these kinds of critiques, and yeah you're right I'm off to PC gaming where there are more options for sim racing

Last edited:
Interesting, 50-70 hours you say? Yet somehow it's still an 'incomplete' game? Wow, and something like Resident Evil Village is completed in 10 hours and no one screams 'incomplete'?
Some indie games take 2-3 hours, what is your point? Different games have different expectations and standards for how long they will be. Past Gran Turismo games were FAR longer. Gran Turismo 4, a game released 18 years ago, had 200+ hours of content. Only GT1 is shorter than GT7 of the numbered games.

So yes, that's why people see it as incomplete. Other games being shorter is irrelevant. It's about what people expect of a GT game.
What is confusing about that? Are you not aware of the concept of liking something whilst also having issue with it? Or everything you own, everything you do, you like 100% with no issues whatsoever?

I also really don't think that many people understand how difficult and time consuming it is is to make a game like GT7. There are a lot of critics but very little suggestions on exactly how they need to implement changes from a technical point of view. Other than "it can't be hard" and "OMFG 5 years later and only 424 cars??"
Plenty of people including myself have posted solutions and ideas for the game over the months and years, but why do we bother, it's not like PD listen.

Last edited:
How do you know that Horizon 5 was released completed minus the cars?
Because they're just copy/pasting cars from FH4 into FH5?
How do we know that the expansions were not completed prior to release?
The base game was clearly rushed, considering the awful state of its bugs. No way they finished the expansions.
Why did they feel a need to release seasonal events post-launch?
Same old GaaS garbage.
Surely they could have incorporated all those into the game itself and save gamers' money by not having to buy Gold?
As far as anyone knows, the seasonal events are actually made after release. Because really, it's not that hard! Most of it is just making up some challenges to a theme. Beyond that, they occasionally make some new assets, which isn't a lot to ask in a month. You also don't need Gold for these at all. However, they likely want to keep people coming back because they're owned by Microsoft and it's a Game Pass game.
What confuses me is people who criticise these games non-stop about how bad they are but still continue to play them.
FH5 is still fun. I have enough problems with it that I was hoping to abandon it when GT7 released, but GT7 turned out to be even worse. So now, with most problems fixed, I'd rather just play FH5 where I can still make my own fun.
Of course it's hard, but we also have other games to compare it to, including from its own series. Much of GT7 is copy/pasted from GT Sport, and much of it is broken. There's also the predatory MTX and economy, which has nothing to do with how hard or time consuming game development is.

off the top of my head, several reasons or a combination of multiple:
- it's interesting for some to discuss and critique things, especially our hobbies
- people are hacked off they paid good money for a game that was not what it promised. never mind people who bought that new fanatec GT wheel especially in anticipation for GT7

you should really take people more seriously and not assume they're masochists or attention seekers. I know it's a game but people do care and want to have fun here dude. I personally find it interesting to participate in these kinds of critiques, and yeah you're right I'm off to PC gaming where there are more options for sim racing
Ok but that was nearly 3 months ago. Don't tell me people are still posting to complain about how badly shafted they got from PD? There was the option of a refund, I'm sure.
Nothing was promised. If you can find me a quote that states "we promise" I will be happy to read it.

There was the option of a refund, I'm sure.
There really wasn't, though. Console games rarely ever allow refunds. If you buy physical, it's up to the seller, many of which either disallow it entirely or have short return periods.

Ok but that was nearly 3 months ago. Don't tell me people are still posting to complain about how badly shafted they got from PD? There was the option of a refund, I'm sure.
Nothing was promised. If you can find me a quote that states "we promise" I will be happy to read it.
please don't be disingenuous and make it a silly discussion about semantics of "promise" or these kind of specific things, you know what I mean by promised. by saying "gran turismo is back", and kaz saying something along the lines of how he noticed people were still enjoying the old games and how the intention was to rediscover the feeling of the old games. there are loads of other examples

There really wasn't, though. Console games rarely ever allow refunds. If you buy physical, it's up to the seller, many of which either disallow it entirely or have short return periods.
Amazon allow refunds. Many other reputable companies do, too.

Because they're just copy/pasting cars from FH4 into FH5?

The base game was clearly rushed, considering the awful state of its bugs. No way they finished the expansions.

Same old GaaS garbage.

As far as anyone knows, the seasonal events are actually made after release. Because really, it's not that hard! Most of it is just making up some challenges to a theme. Beyond that, they occasionally make some new assets, which isn't a lot to ask in a month. You also don't need Gold for these at all. However, they likely want to keep people coming back because they're owned by Microsoft and it's a Game Pass game.

FH5 is still fun. I have enough problems with it that I was hoping to abandon it when GT7 released, but GT7 turned out to be even worse. So now, with most problems fixed, I'd rather just play FH5 where I can still make my own fun.

Of course it's hard, but we also have other games to compare it to, including from its own series. Much of GT7 is copy/pasted from GT Sport, and much of it is broken. There's also the predatory MTX and economy, which has nothing to do with how hard or time consuming game development is.
GT7 is a bad game but I play it anyway. Fair enough.

And I would play GT7 over any of the others. And yes, I owned them all.

Some indie games take 2-3 hours, what is your point? Different games have different expectations and standards for how long they will be. Past Gran Turismo games were FAR longer. Gran Turismo 4, a game released 18 years ago, had 200+ hours of content. Only GT1 is shorter than GT7 of the numbered games.

So yes, that's why people see it as incomplete. Other games being shorter is irrelevant. It's about what people expect of a GT game.

What is confusing about that? Are you not aware of the concept of liking something whilst also having issue with it? Or everything you own, everything you do, you like 100% with no issues whatsoever?

Plenty of people including myself have posted solutions and ideas for the game over the months and years, but why do we bother, it's not like PD listen.
Gran Turismo 4 didn't have many things that GT7 has and vice versa. That's the way it is.

All your posts seem to be scathing about GT7. There doesn't seem to be anything you like about the game, at least from what I've seen.

If there are things that I don't like about something, I will raise them. But I won't simply continue to complain every chance I get.

A lot of things people complain about are simply due to the increased player base. GTS roughly doubled due to Covid lockdowns, 8 million in 2019 to 14 million in 2022.

There are more people to please. And it will feel like downgrading and a disconnect to more experienced players. ie Sports Mode penalties. And conversely changes made to please experienced players will disconnect newer players even more. ie Physics and microtransactions.

Also because of this there will more complaints. A lot of it is due to user inexperience.

All relevant signs point to this game being successful. Sales, user activity and commitment from Sony.

Ignore the noise and enjoy.

"Communicate their plans"?

Dude, FH5 went a full TWO MONTHS without a significant update at the end of the year. Was released broken. Convoys didn't work, Eliminator didn't work, Horizon Arcade didn't work, Trial wouldn't connect you most of the time, several Playlist activities wouldn't work.

However, they were very quick to patch the Super Wheelspin perk on the Jeep, which was far more legit than the Tomahawk in GT7, and also to ban players who created designs they felt inappropriate (which they weren't).

DJS threw a tantrum on Twitter too. And only THEN did Playground release a statement.

FH5 was not released "content complete" at all. Neither was FH4 BTW. And if you think it's acceptable to nerf FH4's car list by 200 cars just so they can readd them to FH5 in seasonals to artificially stretch the game's lifetime, then there's no conversation. In fact the reason why the genre went to **** is because of people who keep excusing Playground (and Turn 10)'s practices, who cut them some slack when they don't deserve it any more than PD does.

GT7 suffers from many of the same problems of FH5 and much of it is because, possibly at Jim Ryan's behest, they copied the bad things (wheelspins, FOMO) rather than the good (blueprints). FH5 has the most advanced Blueprint feature in the franchise, but Playground doesn't give a **** about it, so it's underutilized.

Last edited:
"Communicate their plans"?

Dude, FH5 went a full TWO MONTHS without a significant update at the end of the year. Was released broken. Convoys didn't work, Eliminator didn't work, Horizon Arcade didn't work, Trial wouldn't connect you most of the time, several Playlist activities wouldn't work.

However, they were very quick to patch the Super Wheelspin perk on the Jeep, which was far more legit than the Tomahawk in GT7, and also to ban players who created designs they felt inappropriate (which they weren't).

DJS threw a tantrum on Twitter too. And only THEN did Playground release a statement.

FH5 was not released "content complete" at all. Neither was FH4 BTW. And if you think it's acceptable to nerf FH4's car list by 200 cars just so they can readd them to FH5 in seasonals to artificially stretch the game's lifetime, then there's no conversation. In fact the reason why the genre went to **** is because of people who keep excusing Playground (and Turn 10)'s practices, who cut them some slack when they don't deserve it any more than PD does.

GT7 suffers from many of the same problems of FH5 and much of it is because, possibly at Jim Ryan's behest, they copied the bad things (wheelspins, FOMO) rather than the good (blueprints). FH5 has the most advanced Blueprint feature in the franchise, but Playground doesn't give a **** about it, so it's underutilized.
You're very angry at me for having some fun with FH5, yelling about its problems as if I'm not aware and unhappy about it too. Calm down.
And if you think it's acceptable to nerf FH4's car list by 200 cars just so they can readd them to FH5 in seasonals to artificially stretch the game's lifetime, then there's no conversation.
Good thing I never said it was acceptable, and in fact I specifically mentioned it as a bad thing. You, however, are quick to forgive Polyphony for not adding some events, which is what this whole thing was about in the first place!

A lot of things people complain about are simply due to the increased player base. GTS roughly doubled due to Covid lockdowns, 8 million in 2019 to 14 million in 2022.

There are more people to please. And it will feel like downgrading and a disconnect to more experienced players. ie Sports Mode penalties. And conversely changes made to please experienced players will disconnect newer players even more. ie Physics and microtransactions.

Also because of this there will more complaints. A lot of it is due to user inexperience.

All relevant signs point to this game being successful. Sales, user activity and commitment from Sony.

Ignore the noise and enjoy.
So what are you saying, none of the issues are valid? The game being successful doesn't negate any issues that people perceive.

Regarding the FFB Update in Patch 1.15...
Todays Game Update 1.15 changed the FFB for the GT DD PRO a LOT.
In general the FFB strength was significantly reduced with the update which you need to compensate with increasing in game Max Torque setting to 10 and increasing FOR setting on the wheel to 120.

Before the update in corners the FFB was basically dead, you only felt a heavy constant center spring once you went past the slip angle. In corners there was therefore no FFB detail like road bumps, curbs etc.
In some cars on high speeds you also got massive oscillations.
With Patch 1.15 you can now feel all these FFB details and you no longer get the massive oscillations.

Is the new FFB perfect? No. The resistance is still weaker than it was previously and an increase of the FOR setting to 120 should definitely not be necessary to get a somehow good resistance.
So yes, PD needs to increase the overall resistance force now again a bit but I think we can all agree that the overall FFB details in corners are much much better now, when you adjust the settings accordingly.
You can also easily test the old and new FFB back and forth because the new FFB was only implemented into the blue native PS mode. In purple PS compatibility mode the old FFB is still active. I think when testing back and forth it is very obvious that the new FFB is much more detailed in corners so in general PD made a significant improvement here which they just need to refine with a bit more resistance strength again in the next update.

For now, these would be my personal new recommended settings for GT7 Patch 1.15:
SEN: AUTO
FFB: 100
FFS: PEAK
NDP: 50
NFR: 25
NIN: OFF
INT: 3
FEI: 90
FOR: 120
SPR: OFF
DPR: OFF

GT7 in Game Settings:
Force Feedback Max Torque: 10
Force Feedback Sensitivity: 1

Hi, excuse my ignorance, but where can i find those advanced setting?

With:
  • Unwanted ticket system disgused as a roulette system
  • Problems with network stability outside GT Sport Mode
  • Problems with AI and difficulty settings (some world events and all of the 1 hour endurance races in missions)
  • Locking new features behind said ticket system
  • Lackluster career mode
  • Minimal effort to communicate with the playerbase (I mean directly from PD, not GTPlanet no offense)
  • Push on microtransactions (only backed off after the playerbase came in an uproar - loved it)
  • Chase the rabbit scenarios every race and no pole positioning (been like this since GT5, so much for "REAL")
  • ETC. for other things I have heard
It's hard NOT to look at evey update from here on out with a critical eye.

April's Update had:
  • 1 hour missions added
  • Payout increase up to 100%
  • 3 new cars
  • 30 minutes of LeMans and 1 hour of Spa in the later half
  • Increased credit celing to 100 mil
  • I'm not counting 24h Spa as a new track since it was only a pit lane change
  • Annouced to players with some decent line of communication, players became intriged

May's update had:
  • 3 new menu books = 9 new races
  • 3 new cars (the GSX-R/4 Gr.3 might not make it this month so I will not count that)
  • Ability to download photos
  • GT Sport Time Trials added
  • Unannouced to the players, no one knew anything - seems to be mixed feelings

Despite it being the biggest update to this date, it doesn't feel like it is to most players. When compared to April, that month was smaller but it packed a punch.

With the aforementioned isses noted at the beginning of this post, not a single one was hit, touched, or even mentioned. That is what the player base (on average) is looking at. If players are asking other players why they are critical about this update, this is why.

Last edited:
That's just a personal opinion. For me, it was released with enough content. Others may well disagree but I have played the game on and off for nearly 3 months and still have plenty to do. Haven't touched the Circuit Experience yet, no where near completed the Missions, still haven't got IA and Super License, haven't tried Drifting, Time Trials or Custom Races.
Probably have around 95 cars out of 430.
Then you have barely played the game.
If you actually played the game and put in more than 40 hours over 3 months, then you would be completely done with the content.... Considering older GT games had 2x 24 hr races in them.... You could complete GT7 in the time it took to complete 2 races in Gt5...

The guy in the Café is a bit of a troll regarding the VGT events! He suggests the Suzuki VGT but it's seemingly not fast enough to actually come 3rd let alone win those races.

Fantastic car though. You can absolutely chuck it through corners with controlled oversteer and it just (about) sticks.

I managed 5th at Kyoto with racing softs and lapped the other Suzuki VGT in the process. I can see 4th being just about possible but can't see how you'd get 3rd or above.

Once you figure out the strat for the Daytona Gr.1 race it's a breeze.
Well I just tried that in a stock Jaguar XJR-9. Started on hards and ran power setting 1 all the way with one stop for fuel (no tyres) at the end of lap 5. I finished 8th a long way behind the leader with a gap of more than 20 seconds.

I was expecting to see some crazy VGT car like the McLaren taking the honours but to my surprise there was the same old Jaguar as me.

With my confidence dented I watched the replay to study for any AI cheating. But came away with the realization I'd been schooled in the art of 'endurance' racing by Jan Lammers running a metronomic no stop strategy in the 1:36s.

I'm not sure if it's possible for me to do the same whilst overtaking 19 cars and catching up by 30 seconds to the leader in the same motor.

I'm thinking the Audi R18 '16 I recently won but haven't yet driven with a no stopper is the way to go. If it's the same as GT Sport the fuel economy on that car is rather impressive for a car of its performance.

Does anyone have any ideas of cars to do the gr. 1 race, I read somewhere the super formula? Don’t really want to pay 3m for the Toyota. I did the vgt with the lambo which I had already and that breezed through the field

Well I just tried that in a stock Jaguar XJR-9. Started on hards and ran power setting 1 all the way with one stop for fuel (no tyres) at the end of lap 5. I finished 8th a long way behind the leader with a gap of more than 20 seconds.

I was expecting to see some crazy VGT car like the McLaren taking the honours but to my surprise there was the same old Jaguar as me.

With my confidence dented I watched the replay to study for any AI cheating. But came away with the realization I'd been schooled in the art of 'endurance' racing by Jan Lammers running a metronomic no stop strategy in the 1:36s.

I'm not sure if it's possible for me to do the same whilst overtaking 19 cars and catching up by 30 seconds to the leader in the same motor.

I'm thinking the Audi R18 '16 I recently won but haven't yet driven with a no stopper is the way to go. If it's the same as GT Sport the fuel economy on that car is rather impressive for a car of its performance.
Does anyone have any ideas of cars to do the gr. 1 race, I read somewhere the super formula? Don’t really want to pay 3m for the Toyota. I did the vgt with the lambo which I had already and that breezed through the field
For Daytona, Mazda VGT Gr.1, apply the turbo you can in the tuning shop. Also buy the Power restrictor and Ballast.

RH tires, I think I put the downforce to like 1000f/1200r and fiddled with the power restrictors til it got under 950.

Fuel map 3 and short shift* the whole race with a full fuel stop at the end of lap 5 and I won by 15 seconds.

*I use the roof cam and shift up when the revs get to the mid point on the visible counter. Just wind out 8th gear and you're good.

Last edited:
Managed to do it quiet easily in the Red Bull x2019 Competition yesterday on racing hards with one stop for fuel only.
Even though the XJR9 pushed me completely off track in the chicane around lap 5.
started on FM 6 and did some short shifting around 16k rpm, refueled to full and welt on fm1 or 2.

will try it today in france and japan as well…

EDIT: works in France as well, will do a short post about my experiences in the Menu Book 42 Topic https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/menu-book-42.409094/page-2#post-13737653

Last edited:
Im still waiting for them to go here are some tracks! Autumn Ring/Autum Ring Mini, Grand Valley/Grand Valley East, Apricot Hill, Monza Junior, Kart Space I & II, Donnington, Imola, Rome, Anderstorp, and Hokenheim.

Back