Menu Book 42

I cheaped out and bought the Dodge Tomahawk Gr.1 so I could complete the VGT events as well. Stock tune, RM tyres, driving smoothly and not pushing for lap times, fuel map 6 and some coasting here and there, did all three races with no stops, easily a minute ahead, had a few spins too. AI got in the way here and there though.

Difficulty set to easy because chase the rabbit isn't fun whether you reach 1st on the last corner of the last lap or halfway through the second lap. 'World circuits' is purely to earn awards, not for fun.

Last edited:
Still struggling to beat/finish 1st at St. Croix. Fastest car I have is the McLaren VGT GR1 and 24.46.725 is my fastest time, a fraction over 22 seconds behind Wilk in his L750R HYbrid
I did that one with the new Toyota, i think its quick, only doesn't want to turn in, once I figured that out it was fairly quick there, tried the Bugatti first, quick cornering but lacked top speed there with 2 long straights due to detuning

Tried to do the book with a R18 '16. With this i managed p3 on RM with 1 pitstop in daytona, p3 in St Croix on RH and FM with no stop and P2 on RH with no stop at suzuka. But there i was lucky with very little rain.

Right now I'm into with the Red Bull x2019 Comp. Worked on RH with no stop for Daytona and St Croix. But man does the AI cheat :crazy:
Hope the Video upload will do...

I'm not sure if it was discussed in one of the countless other topics before but I made a small video of the AI Pitstops... Had that impression already during the first try with the R18 before. Was in P2 with about 2 seconds down to walk, than he pitted, the car disappeared in the pitlane and got beamed right behind me after I just past the pit exit.
If I'm pitting it takes sooo much to just arrive at my crew at all... :grumpy:

Attachments

• 20220528_223528_1.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I had won the Audi R18 TDI '11 in a roulette ticket, it was the only Gr.1 prototype I have, I have bought the 787B, and the 956C and when I tried them at Suzuka the best i could do was 5th.
I took a try with the R18'11 stock and sad to say was same 5th place.
Went and added the midrange turbo (the only thing that adds HP) and proceeded to do much better.
Set FM to 3 and adjust accordingly as race progresses, if you do not drive carefully you will find yourself behind.
This car worked on all three tracks with Suzuka being the hardest.

One more thing, what is with the Inostroza twins?...

1st place at Daytona with a GR010. 2nd place at St Croix with a McLaren VGT. A few times of 4th place at Suzuka, still struggling, tried GR010, McLaren VGT, using L750R...

1st place at Daytona with a GR010. 2nd place at St Croix with a McLaren VGT. A few times of 4th place at Suzuka, still struggling, tried GR010, McLaren VGT, using L750R...
I've only done the Suzuka race so far, a few times, best I've managed is third, but that just felt like blind luck rather than any skill involved. Feels like the AI have some advantages over the player - pit stops, slicks grip in rain etc. Not very satisfying really, I don't think I'll be coming back to this one. I used the RedBull 2014, which gets into the lead easy enough by about lap 5, but then the rest of the race from the AI is very suspicious and they seem to come back and then just punt you off.

The ai grip in the rain is unreal.I tried staying out on RH in rain but they came past me like i wasnt moving!
When i watched the replay with info displayed,they were on RH too.How does that work?I was struggling to stay on corse.lol

Ok so AI in GR1 race cuts curbs at chicane in Daytona. Now I know why it was kinda difficult.

Attachments

• IMG_20220529_162656.jpg
    IMG_20220529_162656.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
LM55 medium, medium, hardly any rain 1st by 5 sec's pit lap 6

I stopped trying with the cars I already owned to do St, Croix and got myself some credits and bought the Mazda. Finally finished in first after a couple of goes using that car then it took about 5 or 6 goes to do Suzuka. The McLaren in 1st slows right down on the last lap of Suzuka, 1st time I caught it I ran out of fuel on the last corner. Didn't make that mistake twice

Last edited:
Got 2nd place at Daytona with the Mazda. Next i will try it at the other 2 Circuits. These will be the first Menu books where i dont care to come first but will settle with 3rd place to.

I'm determined to do this with real Le Mans cars so bought the GR010 as I heard it could be tuned to almost a 1000hp.

Won at Daytona with a one stopper on medium tyres. The straight line speed of the car is just ludicrous with the larger turbo fitted.

Managed 3rd at St Croix. The Peugeot 750R fake thing was in a class of one in that race. I'm still learning the car and circuit but almost took 2nd on the last lap.

Just Suzuka left to do now which sounds like a bit of a lottery with the rain.

Ok so AI in GR1 race cuts curbs at chicane in Daytona. Now I know why it was kinda difficult.
You do that you'll get a .500" penalty. Ask me how I know.

I posted in another thread but I used the Mazda LM55 thing w/medium turbo (only one available). Daytona (P2), Suzuka (P1), St-Croix (P1). I'll go back to Daytona to try and win it but all I was aiming for was P3 for the cafe menu.

I'm using Mazda VGT Gr.1 and setup/strategy from Unleashed Drivers.

Daytona was a win first attempt on hard difficulty, but only by about 3 seconds. Suzuka took a few attempts. First several attempts I managed only 2nd place (closest was 5 seconds down) using suggested fuel map 3 from start. Passing traffic at start costs too much time at FM3. I altered the strategy a bit to use mostly FM1 and managed to win under hard difficulty. First stint ran 6 laps: FM1 for 3 laps until I got through the slower traffic and then switched to FM2 and some short shifting. After stop on lap 6 I ran FM1 to end of race and just pushed hard. Closed gap and came up to two leaders entering final lap and rain started... but it didn't accumulate on track enough to warrant a stop. Passed 2nd place on start straight and leader on S curves going up the hill then switched backed to FM2 to make sure I could finish. Got a little slick at end of lap, but only cost a few seconds

Definitely have to get aggressive to get through traffic and then run sub 1:43-1:44 pace to close gap on leaders in 2nd stint to win in full dry conditions under hard difficulty. AI can run under 18 minutes on hard setting and about 18:30 on normal, so normal is significantly easier (3 seconds per lap is a ton).

Gran Turismo® 7_20220529163749.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220529163858.jpg

I gave this menu a try with the TS050 since I could not currently afford the new Toyota, and I guess I should have just saved my money. Just does not have the top end speed to keep up with the first half of the pack.

Definitely have to get aggressive to get through traffic and then run sub 1:43-1:44 pace to close gap on leaders in 2nd stint to win in full dry conditions under hard difficulty. AI can run under 18 minutes on hard setting and about 18:30 on normal, so normal is significantly easier (3 seconds per lap is a ton).
Currently I can only reach 1:48 (typically at 1:49) on my L750R. Still a long road ...

Last edited:
Just crushed Saint Croix with detuned f1 car. Won by 25 seconds. No pits and fm6. I don't know how to post a picture or I would show it. Edit: this car dominated all tracks for this menu.

Last edited:
Got 2nd place at Daytona with the Mazda. Next i will try it at the other 2 Circuits. These will be the first Menu books where i dont care to come first but will settle with 3rd place to.
Hi, did this with Mazda 787 hards and no stop, fuel on 6 i believe, was easy.

Audi R18 '11 with medium turbocharger.

Forgot what setting I had the FM on, and I use auto trans also, I found that you need to drive your best in these races, you probably will not get the CRB but you can win all three with this car, although Suzuka is the hardest, if you go off track just once you are doomed. I've restarted that race many times just because.

Hi, did this with Mazda 787 hards and no stop, fuel on 6 i believe, was easy.
I did the same. 787b, RH, map 6 and no stops. For the other 2 races i found it was better to use RM and mix 1, and take a pitstop. Suzuka had some rain, and I ran inters from lap 5 to the end.

Hard difficulty.

I also used the Super Formula car. I just won it from a ticket i believe right before. I think 1 stop or no stop are both viable options. I went for no stops, except for Suzuka due to the potential for rain.

The game difficulty is backwards, Easy is fast AI and Hard is the slow ones. It doesn’t work for all races, but give it a try. Unless it’s been fixed now, of course.
Only in the "Human Comedy" missions. It's not the case in the world circuits.
I'm determined to do this with real Le Mans cars so bought the GR010 as I heard it could be tuned to almost a 1000hp.

Won at Daytona with a one stopper on medium tyres. The straight line speed of the car is just ludicrous with the larger turbo fitted.
Me too, if it's to do the events (1st time completing them) legit, I also prefer to use the RL cars and not those fake ass hideous looking Gr.1 VGTs that shouldn't belong there at all.
The LM55 is overpowered to hell, as well as the Peugeot L750R.

The GR010 however is indeed a monster in Saint Croix and in terms of straightline speed, it seems to be the fastest Gr.1 car. I reached 370kph in the Saint Croix back straight with max downforce settings.

Has anyone tried the Porsche 919 Hybrid?
With the added turbo, you can easily win all 3 races with it. Without the turbo, you can still win, but it will be a challenge, especially at Saint Croix.

Last edited:
@Grimm6Jack - The Peugeot VGT Group 1 hurts the most for me because Peugeot have such a great history of fantastic real life prototypes.

The trio of Peugeot 905s from the early 90s at the back end of the Group C era with their screaming V10s. The twin diesel monsters from the 2007-2011 era as well. Absolute torque monster that V12 5.5 litre diesel motor. And now this year at Monza we get to see the new generation of Peugeot with their striking new Hypercar entry.

@Grimm6Jack - The Peugeot VGT Group 1 hurts the most for me because Peugeot have such a great history of fantastic real life prototypes.

The trio of Peugeot 905s from the early 90s at the back end of the Group C era with their screaming V10s. The twin diesel monsters from the 2007-2011 era as well. Absolute torque monster that V12 5.5 litre diesel motor. And now this year at Monza we get to see the new generation of Peugeot with their striking new Hypercar entry.
The new 9X8 should be put into the game so that we can have a line-up of Le Mans Hypercars. We have Alpine in the game as well so might as well add the Alpine Elf A480 LMH alongside it.

Back