Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.23 Now Available: Adds New Cars, Menu Books, Races, and Scapes

• Thread starter Famine
  • 805 comments
How come gt sport you can sell cars? Don't they have microtransactions also where you can buy a car individually
I didn't play gt sport. But here they want you pay credits for real money. Selling cars gets in the way of this strategy. Also as you know they cut credits amount for some events...

😂 Mate, it's a videogame.
And yet you're still willing to roll over and accept the dregs? That says more about your apathy than anything else. If you go to a nice restaurant and order a Porterhouse only to receive a moldy hotdog, do you just eat it anyway with no complaints?! It's about the same price as this game in most steak houses, so you'd accept your botulism-dog and still leave a tip, correct?
Brand new M3
Brand new Ferrari Daytona SP3
Minolta Toyota 88cv

Done. And no one would complain.
Not a big Ferrari fan but I still would not complain about that lineup. At least they're all REAL cars, and cars that aren't EV's. I don't care how fast EV's are, no sound is automatically boring as hell to me, and we got two battery-power cars in this update... At least we got the S14, that was a nice addition.

I love like my Tesla but driving EVs in the game is just stupid. I agree
Not a big Ferrari fan but I still would not complain about that lineup. At least they're all REAL cars, and cars that aren't EV's. I don't care how fast EV's are, no sound is automatically boring as hell to me, and we got two battery-power cars in this update... At least we got the S14, that was a nice addition.

Last edited:
I don't care how fast EV's are, no sound is automatically boring as hell to me
You should try the BMW iX - there's this weird "IconicSounds" thing that makes noises when you accelerate or decelerate, with an orchestra, choir, a TRON light cycle, some kind of weird humming thing, and something not unlike a V8 depending on the mode you have it in, all composed by Hans Zimmer.

Added bonus: it's really nice inside and you don't have to see the awful outside of it.

Yet another update that does nothing to address the long term and widespread criticisms of the game.

Would really like to see a dart board consisting of all the PD & Sony Entertainment execs who were behind the decisions for GT7 right now, I can see this being much more fun than playing GT7

Gt7 revenue on release was good, thats the only thing that matters.

No one at Sony or PD is wasting a thought on this game anymore.

The patches consist of content that had been created before release and was intended as DLC. Then the bad publicity happened. PD decided to abandon the game, because fixing it would be too costly (fixing a 2022 game for the ps4? Certainly not). So instead they are slicing up that season DLC, call it "patches" and thats it. Zero cost, zero investment. Thats why there are no real improvements on the game, and never will be.

Last edited:
And yet you're still willing to roll over and accept the dregs? That says more about your apathy than anything else. If you go to a nice restaurant and order a Porterhouse only to receive a moldy hotdog, do you just eat it anyway with no complaints?! It's about the same price as this game in most steak houses, so you'd accept your botulism-dog and still leave a tip, correct?
You shouldn't take him seriously. He doesn't even take the topic seriously. If he did, he would reply with something worth debating.

Last edited:

The patches consist of content that had been created before release and was intended as DLC. Then the bad publicity happened. PD decided to abandon the game, because fixing it would be too costly (fixing a 2022 game for the ps4? Certainly not). So instead they are slicing up that season DLC, call it "patches" and thats it. Zero cost, zero investment. Thats why there are no real improvements on the game, and never will be.
I was just thinking: they had to try really hard to broaden the appeal of GTS because sales weren't great. Now that they've made and are still making their money from the "GT is back" hype, assisted by the attractive headlines all over saying how well it's selling piquing people's interest about why, they seem to have grown complacent and confident in the path they've chosen.

I was just thinking: they had to try really hard to broaden the appeal of GTS because sales weren't great. Now that they've made and are still making their money from the "GT is back" hype, assisted by the attractive headlines all over saying how well it's selling piquing people's interest about why, they seem to have grown complacent and confident in the path they've chosen.
In other words, like some have suggested here before, PD live in a bubble.

I heard from a lot of people that Ride 4 has insanely difficult license tests of some sort so I'm a bit put off by it. I do enjoy Ride 3 and currently downloading Ride 2 to see how the gameplay actually is since people are saying the overall gameplay is better on 2.
Ride 3 is my favorite in the series followed very closely by ride 2 (imo just a little less polished version of ride 3). Ride 4, while the prettiest in the series, they changed the physics big time and now the physics imo are way less enjoyable than the previous ride games. Also for some reason there is a little less bike customization than ride 3. To me it kinda felt like a downgrade from ride 3. Overall was pretty disappointed with ride 4.

Last edited:

I really hope not. I’m down on the game because there is a good game in there. Why even apologize for backlash and issues after release just to not do much of anything since. 3 cars a month is a joke compared to what GT Sport was getting.

I do wonder how the game is doing today. It still has little solo content and the trophy for finishing one Sport mode race isn’t even unlocked by 15% of players.

Last edited:

I like how you just confidently spit this out like you work there and know exactly what their plan is. All you have is assumptions, and nothing more.

Ride 3 is my favorite in the series followed very closely by ride 2 (imo just a little less polished version of ride 3). Ride 4, while the prettiest in the series, they changed the physics big time and now the physics imo are way less enjoyable than the previous ride games. Also for some reason there is a little less bike customization than ride 3. To me it kinda felt like a downgrade from ride 3. Overall was pretty disappointed with ride 4.
Just played Ride 2 and I'm surprised at how fun it is. The bikes in Ride 3 understeers a lot for me. But it is still fun though.

We do know from dataminers that PD is actively working on the content though. They probably do have a buffer of finished cars yet to release because it'd be near-irresponsible not to but that doesn't mean they're just sitting in all of the content ready to launch.

Also Ride 3 has an Isle of Man track and tons of interesting bikes that are very fun to try.
Ride 3 has better graphics and contents but I would give anything to replace the physics with Ride 2 version, unless you have tips on how to reduce the understeer?

Ride 3 has better graphics and contents but I would give anything to replace the physics with Ride 2 version, unless you have tips on how to reduce the understeer?
I can't judge because I haven't played 2, I don't remember having any problems here. But I definitely have a few assistants turned on, so try to turn something on, see if it works better.

I can't judge because I haven't played 2, I don't remember having any problems here. But I definitely have a few assistants turned on, so try to turn something on, see if it works better.
I see, I turned off all assists because I thought it's going to hinder some control.

Okay. Did 43.5 kms on my alt and even that account didn’t get a Daily roulette ticket. Anyone else not get their Daily ticket?

I see, I turned off all assists because I thought it's going to hinder some control.
I can't tell you exactly what to turn on because I don't have the game installed now. But I don't expect the simulation of motorbikes on the joystick, so I turned on most assistants.

I like how you just confidently spit this out like you work there and know exactly what their plan is. All you have is assumptions, and nothing more.
No different to the people constantly telling us everything is all Sony's fault. They did the MTs and roulette, they won't give PD money, they decide the update schedule, they forced them to release it early and so on. All without evidence.

Now they need to fix my daily roulette gifts.

1.23 changes to pp calculations force changes to all tunes for all cars again. I've had to retune the same cars multiple times for events like the wtc800 at Sardegna and I'm really annoyed about my wasted time and now the cars are worse to drive/tune than before 1.23. I never race the tomahawk or Tokyo in general but this update has messed with all my other cars at all other tracks as well. Properly sucky move by pd.

1.23 has also messed with the ffb on my fanatec gt dd Pro. I can change a car tune by a tiny amount (suspension frequency by 0.01 for example) and I go from a nice feeling wheel to a really heavy wheel i have to wrestle round corners. Seen other wheel users (logitech) say they have the same issues as well so it isn't my wheel.

Really really not happy with 1.23 at all. It has ruined my game experience enough to make me think I'm going to try acc instead

I think the new S14 is bugged. My H manual trasmission with my wheel doesn’t work. It works perfectly with every other car expet with the new silvia. It looks like that for the game is a sequential shifter and not a full manual.

Back