Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.23 Now Available: Adds New Cars, Menu Books, Races, and Scapes

• Thread starter Famine
  • 805 comments
It’s simple, this game has yet to sell over a million units
Do you have a source for this? Given it sold over 200,000 copies in Germany alone within it's first month on sale and over 200,000 copies across the UK and Japan in it's first week, I highly doubt that over 5 additional months and hundereds more countries they have yielded less than 600,000 more sales.

Last edited:
So, if you take that collection thing as a goal of the game, it means everybody will have the same cars in the end. Right? All cars need to be acquired to reach that goal, so all collections of all players will be the same?

Wow. Thats really poor. Instead of enabling players to set their own goals, it dictates everything. Some might collect asian sportscars, some go american muscle, some are up for racing cars - PD doesnt care for what you like

My god this game is bad.

Is there official GT7 sales numbers? I'm not sure if there was ever official GT Sport sales numbers so I doubt there would be for 7. In my opinion both Sony and PD are to blame for GT7 being so underwhelming but I don't know which specific failures to put on either company. I know it's controversial but when in doubt, I blame both.

Do you have a source for this? Given it sold over 200,000 copies in Germany alone within it's first month on sale and over 200,000 copies across the UK and Japan in it's first week, I highly doubt that over 5 additional months and hundereds more countries they have yielded less than 600,000 more sales.
I unfortunately don’t, but video game companies do like to brag about their games selling over a million units and so far PD has not, all the data points to the numbers you mentioned, 200k Germany, 190 in Japan, is sketchy in the US because Elden ring beat it out that month but just hearsay at this rate, typically speaking from what I hear a lot of ps5 exclusives are barely selling over a million anyways 🤷

So, if you take that collection thing as a goal of the game, it means everybody will have the same cars in the end. Right? All cars need to be acquired to reach that goal, so all collections of all players will be the same?

Wow. Thats really poor. Instead of enabling players to set their own goals, it dictates everything. Some might collect asian sportscars, some go american muscle, some are up for racing cars - PD doesnt care for what you like

My god this game is bad.
…and the reward for collecting any one brand is zilch. Not even discounts on parts for each brand.

I unfortunately don’t, but video game companies do like to brag about their games selling over a million units and so far PD has not, all the data points to the numbers you mentioned, 200k Germany, 190 in Japan, is sketchy in the US because Elden ring beat it out that month but just hearsay at this rate, typically speaking from what I hear a lot of ps5 exclusives are barely selling over a million anyways 🤷
Given there was no song and dance over GT Sport hitting 1 million sales (at least as far as I can remember), I don't think we can rely on that as an indicator for hitting 1 million sales. Sales numbers are incredibly hard to come by these days for a lot of games. Some publishers chuck figures out for some gameswhich you don't always know are accurate, some keep quiet about some games.

I do think on the balance of probability, Sony will have been very involved in the MTX's and pricing of them and will have worked with PD to set the in game economy. But that's just guesswork based on interviews with Sony regarding GAAS etc. and could be incorrect as a result.

Last edited:
This game is weird I swear their numbers are all over 🤣🤣, I’ll stop trying to make it, make it sense LOL

View attachment 1197825

It’s simple, this game has yet to sell over a million units, Sony has been losing money on hardware and since people are barely buying their games on Consoles, they expanded to PC, Sony is milking consumers dry anyway they can at the moment, for example, bundled consoles, Sony is only selling new bundled consoles from Sony direct now and retailers, they talk about mark ups, inflation, etc but we as consumers already paying 550 for the disc console, that digital license costs them next to nothing. I could had bought a used physical copy in ebay for like 17 bucks for HFW but I had to pay full price just to get a PS5 in July 🫣

Daddy Sony’s calling the shots, if you think October is the six month mark which is a perfect way of telling us that they had six months to make X amount of money from MXT’s etc.

In corporate **** always rolls downhill
I ask for a source of one thing, you reply with another unsourced statement?

If Sony were calling the shots as people keep claiming they would be doing it on all of their games, or at least a majority. Not just two.

Stop making stuff up to defend PD.

1664922186753.png

Honestly sounds more like Sony's doing everything they can to rein PD in from turning GT7 into a MTX fuelled dumpster fire.

Last edited:
…and the reward for collecting any one brand is zilch. Not even discounts on parts for each brand.
Can you imagine how it works with one-car brands (KTM, Radical, BAC, etc)? You also have to take into account the game's continuously expanding car list (however slow it is) can cause problems with your idea long term.

Can you imagine how it works with one-car brands (KTM, Radical, BAC, etc)? You also have to take into account the game's continuously expanding car list (however slow it is) can cause problems with your idea long term.
Forza Horizon 5 seems to manage...

I don’t think its that big of a deal. Smaller brands can either have no reward (or a small one) with it added later if their roster grows, and bigger brands can just have a larger prize from the getgo that doesn't need to be adjusted.

I ask for a source of one thing, you reply with another unsourced statement?

If Sony were calling the shots as people keep claiming they would be doing it on all of their games, or at least a majority. Not just two.

Stop making stuff up to defend PD.
Ask yourself this question, was the Tomahawk glitch ever patched, or was just it hidden away for four months after it was “patched”? All of a sudden it was discovered last month like it was there in plain sight.

I call BS on that one, Someone in PD is looking out for little people, they enabled a work around for the time being to draw players back in and it worked, people were hyped up and I’m willing to take a bet that a disgruntled employee or hell even Kaz himself enabled it for that time being oh and they had a patch in between to fix the tire wear so they could had easily gotten rid of it also.

The community over here and Reddit work around the clock for amazing tunes, something huge as the tomahawk wouldn’t had gone unnoticed for that long

Last edited:
Having a discount on parts, also helps when being gifted and/or buying duplicates. It’s something players must do if they wish to do custom races with tuned cars. Especially, with the ten car collection. Why not offer discounts?

Last edited:
Having a discount on parts, also helps when being gifted and/or buying duplicates. It’s something players must do if they wish to do custom races with tuned cars. Especially, with the ten car collection. Why not offer discounts?
I legit thought that the brands like brembo, on brand central would be shops that offer some sort of discounts but nope, useless videos no one will watch

These days Sony very rarely publishes PR for sales numbers. Unless it’s referenced in a broader statement, ie when HZD released on PC.

GT7 is currently the #8 best selling title in the US (all-formats) for the year. Europe is a stronger market for GT7. Although you have to look at individual country data.

Sony do publish 1st party software sales per quarter in their financial results. GT7 & HFW launched in FY21 Q4, with 14.5m units of software sold (all 1st party titles). In FY22 Q1 6.4m units where sold.

I keep the sales thread up to date as best I can. My (very broad) guesstimate is GT7 has sold between 4m-6m units so far.

View attachment 1197846

Honestly sounds more like Sony's doing everything they can to rein PD in from turning GT7 into a MTX fuelled dumpster fire.
PD are a subsidiary of PlayStation Studios. While they’ll have significant creative freedom, the business & marketing angle, will ultimately be decided by Sony.

Any revenue from GT7 will go to the parent company. Who will then give a budget for ongoing development, sequels etc., to PD. Sony reportedly have a dozen or so live service games in development. So we’ll have to see how they handle the in-game economies.

Last edited:
It’s simple, this game has yet to sell over a million units
That's wrong, GT 7 has sold a few million copies already.
Sony has been losing money on hardware and since people are barely buying their games on Consoles, they expanded to PC
Also wrong. Sony stated that the disk drive PS 5 turned profitable on August 2021 (https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/ps5-turning-profit-sony/). And the reason they're selling games on PC is not because console gamers are not buying them, it's just because blockbuster games have become more costly to produce as they’ve gotten longer and flashier and because Sony finally realized that PC is not a direct rival of consoles. So, the extra money PC sales generate are very welcome.

God of War, HZD and Spider-man sold above 20 million copies each, Uncharted 4 sold 16 million by early 2019, just to name a few. They are all among Sony's best sellers.

Last edited:
Ask yourself this question, was the Tomahawk glitch ever patched, or was just it hidden away for four months after it was “patched”? All of a sudden it was discovered last month like it was there in plain sight.

I call BS on that one, Someone in PD is looking out for little people, they enabled a work around for the time being to draw players back in and it worked, people were hyped up and I’m willing to take a bet that a disgruntled employee or hell even Kaz himself enabled it for that time being oh and they had a patch in between to fix the tire wear so they could had easily gotten rid of it also.

The community over here and Reddit work around the clock for amazing tunes, something huge as the tomahawk wouldn’t had gone unnoticed for that long
Now you're claiming there is a mole in PD releasing glitches to help people around the tyrannical ways of Sony? C'mon..

Call me crazy but You are correct 100%, even BUYING MTX is a freaking chore in this game, they should have like .99 4.99, 9.99, 14.99, 19.99, 29.99, 49.99 and 99.99 if the Geniuses at PD want us to buy 200 dollars of MTX for a Mclaren F1 for example, instead you have to like binge the buy button 8 times I mean WTFFFFF how can they screw that up for real!???
This is your problem with GT7?:D

Where is your evidence for that exactly?
Do you really need evidence for that? Is it really not that easy to see? Have you ever questioned how long does it take to grind money for a car in this game? Did you hear what Kaz said about this feature 7 months ago? If a team of developers that is capable of creating such a complex game as GT7 cannot implement a really simple feature such as selling a car for some money then it is impossible that they have created all this franchise in the first place. Especially when this has been a feature on every other installment of the series besides GT Sport. You don't need evidence when you understand that this feature could drop the profits for the shareholders quite notably for some time... Simple business knowledge is the evidence I suppose.

Do you really need evidence for that? Is it really not that easy to see? Have you ever questioned how long does it take to grind money for a car in this game? Did you hear what Kaz said about this feature 7 months ago? If a team of developers that is capable of creating such a complex game as GT7 cannot implement a really simple feature such as selling a car for some money then it is impossible that they have created all this franchise in the first place. Especially when this has been a feature on every other installment of the series besides GT Sport. You don't need evidence when you understand that this feature could drop the profits for the shareholders quite notably for some time... Simple business knowledge is the evidence I suppose.
Again, I was talking about the Sony doing the pressuring part. It's far simpler to believe that it's all PDs doing based on what we know about them and their past. There is no evidence Sony are the ones forcing them to hold it back for MTs, or that Sony are the ones who made them implement MTs in the first place. It's all PD as far as I'm concerned until we see evidence to the contrary.

What bug fixes? You mean the PP suspension system was a mistake? Server maintenance on the “6th” funnily enough though all I see is online and lobby but nothing single player mentioned in the bug problems

What bug fixes? You mean the PP suspension system was a mistake? Server maintenance on the “6th” funnily enough though all I see is online and lobby but nothing single player mentioned in the bug problems
I don't know, maybe a hotfix for the multiple events that are currently crashing the game?

I do agree though that introducing the PP system to the series 12 years ago was a huge mistake.

Brand new M3
Brand new Ferrari Daytona SP3
Minolta Toyota 88cv

Done. And no one would complain.
"Why is PD adding so many street cars we can't use in Sport Mode? We need more modern GT3 cars like (proceeds to list 25 current GT3 cars). Also another group C? Where is every single hypercar from next year?"

I would definitely like that update, but comments to that effect would show up within 5 minutes.

"Why is PD adding so many street cars we can't use in Sport Mode? We need more modern GT3 cars like (proceeds to list 25 current GT3 cars). Also another group C? Where is every single hypercar from next year?"

I would definitely like that update, but comments to that effect would show up within 5 minutes.
I wouldn't want the M3 or SP3 (I desperately want the 88C-V though) so, as with every update, not everyone will be pleased. I was quite happy with the last update and got shut down, so that shows something.

Now you're claiming there is a mole in PD releasing glitches to help people around the tyrannical ways of Sony? C'mon.

The time zone switch, I could see that slipping by, but you mean to tell me that all the time they spend testing before release they did not catch the extra menu bug?! 🤔 there's always one mole right?! Lol

That was great. Was even more amazed it lasted over a week.

Last edited:
Yeah just keep on dreaming of new just come out cars to be in, be lucky to get 2-3 years old cars as of now at best at the end of the updates cycle (after 2 years ?). Even the new Corolla GR which for sure is going to be in the game there is no sign of it.

Yes, as I've said before: I totally agree with you on this one. 100%. They will roll out new features.

But that wont fix the issues the game has, which you seem to ignore.

I used to be a Chef. Imagine you came to my Restaurant and ordered a Steak. I made you a ****** Steak. It is the best possible meat, but badly made by me. You call on the waiter, he tells me that a guest is unsatisfied with this Steak. I load your plate with more potatoes and send it back out to you. You still have the bad steak but loads of potatoes, so you're still unhappy with that, right? You send the plate back and this time, I load it with more vegetables. Perfect vegetables. You get it back and are still facing a bad Steak - right?

Thats what happens with GT7 and new features. Maybe Sophy will be absolutely groundbreaking, great, fun and just perfect! That might very well be true! But I dont wanna race the best AI that has ever been in a game - I wanna race my buddies in Lobbies. Thats a very basic feature of racing games, aint it? But I cant, because this Steak still sucks and PD keeps sending out new potatoes and vegs!

And that Nenkai dude, sorry, its a french data miner. Talking about (on twitter) car selling stuff, he closes with:

"do not take this as an indication that it may actually work that way, it could be entirely different for all i know"
I think the issue here is the things that us end users see as problems, are not problems to PD.

The lack of content, lack of high paying races, lack of credits, lack of ability to sell cars etc etc are well researched FEATURES to PD.

Features to push and maximise mtx sales. These features do not need to be fixed as they’re working 100% as intended.

PD (imo) havnt lost interest in GT7, they will continue to improve what they have but they won’t ‘fix’ the game for us end users.

Back